Reading, seeing and hearing Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning peeps!!!!!!

Canada let me in :banana: Yak sent the Prime Minister to greet me :teeth:
Thanks.

I tried to do all things I have been told by Canadian Maelstomers. We went directly to tax free shopping and sprayed perfume and checked out the liquor. Thanks Mel :banana: I also asked every woman with a back tat if she was Mel :moped:

I saw several little girls with broken arms so I spoke to all of them and asked if they broke their arm at the ice rink. I also yelled "Skaters change direction" about every 15 minutes. My traveling companions think I am nuts :3dglasses

Haley said to go to Tim Hortons. I got coffee and a bear claw. Thanks Haley :wave2: They also had sandwiches. The coffee was good :cheer2:

We visited the Botanical Gardens and they have a lovely Herb Garden. They keep it behind huge shrubs. What is up with that????

I have learned about the new plant we will all be growing. It is a form of mint and apparently gets smoked also. In a redneck smoker :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
Who knew :smokin:

It appears that security levels have risen at the border. I had NOTHING to do with that.

Later gators. :artist: :moped: :smokin: :grouphug: :woohoo: popcorn:: :stir: :surfweb:

Everybody :dance3: :dance3:

BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND!!!! (and because I have new shoes!!!)

A SPECIAL, ONE-TIME ONLY COMMAND PERFORMANCE!!! (or until the next pair I purchase!!)

Sher's new shoes!!

fa565693.jpg

Good Morning Fastpass people! I am dropping in to pass along a message from Donna. She wanted me to let you know that her and Lou rode Maelstrom yesterday in your honor! They are having a great time and tonight will meet again tonight at MGM!

I hope y'all have a great day! :goodvibes

ETA - Donna chugged her margarita while in the Maelstrom line! :cool1:

Yzma and Kronk said:
Peanut butter can also make you allergic.......ask DS! And Frickles (hey Frick!) DS!

Hey Yak!!! I ate one of the granola bars you sent us this morning!!! Of course I thought of you! I hope you got my letter!!! My peanut alllergic DS starts Kindergarten in 13 more days and I am one nervous puppy. I can only hope I have taught him well and that his teacher is as anal about it as I am.

Someone point me to Lou's website where he is hosting his TR pics!!
Have a great time Lou!!! And Donna!!!

Shelby...you're skills impress me!

Cute shoes Sher!!!!

lewdyan1 said:
ETA - Donna chugged her margarita while in the Maelstrom line! :cool1:
Okay, I laughed out loud at this, then wondered, WHY is this edit in the body of the message? We need to teach Dyan about editing. Maybe. Although I hesitate to suggest that we "teach" anything to someone of her DIS stature.

And Sher - LOVE the shoes. I tried some on like that and decided that they weren't comfy enough. I'm into comfort. I'm wearing tennies to work today. Because I can.

Jami! Hi! Nice to see you!
Grammy! I heard tht flights from the UK are alert level red now. Since you are in Canada, I will assume that you had nothing to do with that either. With the heightened security, will you be able to get back in?
Frickles! Hi! Here is a Link to Lou's Website
YAK! Good Morning neighbor to the north, how you doin' today?

Everyone else - This is an official shout-out. You are acknowledged. Got it?

First off: Sher, Ouch. Pretty on the shelf, pretty on you. That's all.

Grammy, I think it's time we made the announcement: the next Maelstrom meet will be in Canada. Grammy's there on a scout mission. She told me she's found a corner for us to pitch our tents.

Shell-bee, I have no idea how you did all that picture editing and manual making, but I am way impressed. I can't type.

Amy, we need to talk fabrics and creativity. There. I just shared my whole vocabulary about crafting. You and Sheel-bee are the Fixers here.

Frick, so glad to see you here! Oh, I feel your pain. My baby started K last year and I was a wreck. Then I fell in love with his teacher and spent the rest of the year in awe of his development. Yes, I missed him, so much I have a lump in my throat, but I survived while he thrived. I also spent a whole bunch of time helping in his class!!!

I remember looking at my DS12 when he was two weeks old and telling Shrek, You know...the strange thing is that from this point forward it's our job to teach him, oh so slowly and carefully, how to move AWAY from us someday. If we do it right, he will be equipped and ready to leave us as a true adult.

Ash, I've decided you need a helicopter. You are working too hard and the commute is killing you. You need a trip to Disney!!! Oh, it's coming baby! Thanks for the TR words, honeyhon.

Sleepy,
thanks for watching my back in chat. Resistance is futile.

Sigh. I am off to do the SOI blog. Quick, give me a topic while I make coffee. Today was my next-to-last day to sleep in before school starts Monday :crazy: here. Haley and I are dead over it.

Master Gracie said:
Not at all. You just have to remember the number of Sher avatars you were on last.

Then you can grab the scroll bar with your mouse and zip down the page while counting them.

So, you hit the page, grab the scroll bar and start counting. 1...2...3...4......21...22...23......89...90...91......135...136...137! There it is. I was just after SherSher's 137th post on this particular topic.

See?

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezie.

:teeth:

Master G with a Double E!

You seriously need to be nicer to Sher. I think those were stillettos she had on. Not sure. I was blinded by the bling. Anyway, I feel pretty sure she can throw down with those bad boys if the need arises. So watcha back, Toby Keith. Or it'll be a little too late and you'll be a little too gone.

LY/MI MG.

Hey Peeps. Good Morning to everybody. I miss all of you crazy peeps too. But I'm still around. I do honestly think we need to send out a search party for Chappie though. Man, I miss Chapstick. Anybody heard from him?

Lou: I LOVE that shot. Very nice.

Frick: I'm right there with ya Girl. Monday is D Day for me. My coworkers have already been forewarned to have the Kleenex ready.

Jami: You make me yellow. You do. What you sad about your baby up there was very bittersweet. And very true. Said, but true.

Grammy: Hey Woman. Skaters change directions!

Poops: Hey Poops!

Horsey: LY/MI Woman. I miss ya.

MAELSTROM....

LaLa and Frick, Let's meet for coffee and a cry Monday. You Mamas are wonderful. :grouphug:

Last edited by Shelby5514 : Today at 09:42 AM. Reason: What's the heel height on those?

Shell-bee!!!

They are only 3 inches. Dwats!!! I am still WAY too short for Ash's Jay. I will need a chair to reach his shoulders even!!!

And girlies!!! They ARE comfy! I swear!!!

Jami- I'll meet y'all Monday for the boo-hoo coffee...but I can't cry until the following Monday since we start on the 21st. I have been told by my little one that if I cry, he will hit me. (in a loving way I'm sure) I'm going to be more nervous about his allergy issues more than anything...but he is going to a private school, where class sizes are small and the teacher:student ratio is good, but I worry that he will forget and eat something without asking about it first. I have dreaded this day for a long time. It is much different than pre-school because there is a big ole tub of peanut butter in the middle of the lunch room where the kiddies can go and make thier own sandwich. scary.

For all you coffee junkies out there...I think I may have found a solution to your problem...

image001.jpg

Frickles said:
Jami- I'll meet y'all Monday for the boo-hoo coffee...but I can't cry until the following Monday since we start on the 21st. I have been told by my little one that if I cry, he will hit me. (in a loving way I'm sure) I'm going to be more nervous about his allergy issues more than anything...but he is going to a private school, where class sizes are small and the teacher:student ratio is good, but I worry that he will forget and eat something without asking about it first. I have dreaded this day for a long time. It is much different than pre-school because there is a big ole tub of peanut butter in the middle of the lunch room where the kiddies can go and make thier own sandwich. scary.

Really, Frick? Wow! I would think that wouldn't be allowed, due to the severity of peanut allergies. Since it is a private school, I would ask if they would consider removing that.

Morning everyone! :wave2:

Chris, very nice. Mark will be so jealous that he didn't get to see the pics until Saturday!

We are having quite a Disney day. On our way to work, Wesley and I discussed where we would be eating, what characters we would be seeing, what rides we would be riding, and where we would be shopping, were we at WDW today. I think we are raising a food snob. Here were his restaurant choices: breakfast at the castle; San Angel Inn for lunch; Le Cellier for dinner. I love this kid!! :love:

Duty calls. My boss thinks I should be working. Right now. :blush:

Quick drive by......... :moped:

But I just got to say, you guys make me laugh.

I busted a gut! Really.

Spewed all over the monitor and keyboard!

I'm off to the pool for Jack's lessons.

I'll be back to comment and keep this thing going this aft.

Sorry I didn't make it back until 11ish last night so no :sunny: for me!

Later, taters!

Frickles said:

I'm with Rhonda. That is unusual to put a big vat of peanut butter out for the kids. Every year in DS's class there has always been at least one child with peanut allergies and the teachers have always been VERY careful with them. And that's in a public school system. Just talk to them and make sure they know your concerns about him and I'm sure they'll watch him closely.

Jami and Frick, it's a date. I think Haley's coming too. I'll bring the Kleenex.

Last edited by sheridac : Today at 06:12 AM. Reason: your brain is as pickled as your taste buds!!!!!!!!

Okay, I nearly spit out my water at ths. I swear last night I told Dick that everything tastes so SALTY to me since I have been laying off the Vino.

He said it was because my tastebuds weren't PICKLED anymore!

(Do you think that could be true???)

Yeah the tub of pb is weird. On the same table they have goldfish crackers and apples. He'll never be visiting that area. PB debates can get rather heated, and I tend to stay out of them b/c many parents get upset if their child can't have pb because for many it is easy and it is all their child will eat. I'll just keep on trucking with my philosophy of never-ending reminders and teaching him how to live in this world with his allergy. So far, so good. He has the fear instilled in him. He will not even drink from my glass if he thinks I have eaten anything with a hint of a nut in it. He's even got the cross-contamination laws down.

tink38 said:
Okay, I nearly spit out my water at ths. I swear last night I told Dick that everything tastes so SALTY to me since I have been laying off the Vino.

He said it was because my tastebuds weren't PICKLED anymore!

(Do you think that could be true???)

Tinkles!!!!!!!!

BORG bay-bee!!!!!! :teeth:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter