READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? I was there this time last year and we often saw FOP with times of over 210 minutes. We stayed 2 weeks and it often hit that thankfully we had fast passes.

Yeah, i went last year at this same time and the day i went to AK it was extremely slow. I rode FoP 3 times during the day and then practically walked on right before park close. never once did i have to stand outside while waiting to ride, it was all deep into the "cave" when i stopped initially walking. I might have just gotten lucky on the day i guess. and no fast pass.

That'd be great, but, just to let you know, so far, they've allowed people only 1 BG per day.

Has anyone gotten off the ride when BG's were still available? I can see them not allowing someone to get a BG when they currently have one active, but if someone has ridden it, i think they should allow them to ride again after going through the BG process again

Has anyone gotten off the ride when BG's were still available? I can see them not allowing someone to get a BG when they currently have one active, but if someone has ridden it, i think they should allow them to ride again after going through the BG process again
I think, theoretically, it's possible that someone got off the ride one day while the extra BGs were still being assigned. However, WDW has not allowed anyone to book more than one BG per day. So far.

Only 1 Boarding Group per MDX Profile per day now that Disney has revised the initial BG process.

The BG system locks the Profile from accessing the system after a BG has been joined.

Park opened today at 6am. We didn’t leave Fort Wilderness until 5:05am, arrived at 5:20am, parked and at the gates about 5:30. Bag check and tapped in about 5:40am. Worked our way3/4 of the way up the street and stopped at 5:45am. Worked out ok with a BG of 25 but ended up with a 30 min wait for MFSR. So waking up early still has advantages.

Did you drive yourself? Was the parking lot open early? In this thread much earlier (about one hundred pages or so back) that people who drove found that the parking lot was still closed or had to drive around cones to park themselves. So, I just want to see if this was your experience today.

Did you drive yourself? Was the parking lot open early? In this thread much earlier (about one hundred pages or so back) that people who drove found that the parking lot was still closed or had to drive around cones to park themselves. So, I just want to see if this was your experience today.
It’s been confirmed in this thread that the parking lot is open prior to 4:30a.

We parked at 5:15a on Thursday and multiple booths were open with no line of cars at any of the booths.

Really? I was there this time last year and we often saw FOP with times of over 210 minutes. We stayed 2 weeks and it often hit that thankfully we had fast passes.

The person you quoted was talking about a year ago during the middle part of January, not Christmas/New Year's week like right now. But maybe that's what you're talking about as well?

I am wondering too. I'm at DHS 1/31 and right now it's showing 8am opening. It was already readjusted from 9am so wondering if we are done. As of now we plan on being there by 7:30 at earliest. But, I wouldn't mind an earlier opening either.
I'm anxiously waiting to see if they will change Feb hrs. I'm there the first week which right now is 9am opening and AM EMH. If there's a decent shot I can get in and out by 11 I'll go over on the 2nd. But a 9 am opening would probably be cutting it too close unless I get extremely lucky with the app.

... i've got my fingers crossed i can do the unthinkable... 2 BG in one day! lol
If you believe that, then I have some swampland in Dagobah to sell you! 🤣

I can’t imagine a scenario ever where Disney allows more than 1 BG. I’d imagine that regardless of crowd levels, BGs are going to continue to be snagged in full by noon or 1pm at the latest (on low crowd days).

I'm anxiously waiting to see if they will change Feb hrs. I'm there the first week which right now is 9am opening and AM EMH. If there's a decent shot I can get in and out by 11 I'll go over on the 2nd. But a 9 am opening would probably be cutting it too close unless I get extremely lucky with the app.

We are there mid-February (over President's Week) and still listed as 9am opening but I gotta think they will open earlier than that given the crowds that come that week

Basically what i'm getting the sense of, is that when i'll be there in 2 weeks the park opens at 8am. Which means i can sleep in and arrive to the park about 7:45 and be confident enough to get a boarding pass. bottom line is to be inside before the park officially opens, correct?
I think the later the park opens the longer the lines will be. A lot more people will be willing to be there by 8am vs 6 am.
With a 8am opening I would plan to be there at 7am

If you believe that, then I have some swampland in Dagobah to sell you! 🤣

I can’t imagine a scenario ever where Disney allows more than 1 BG. I’d imagine that regardless of crowd levels, BGs are going to continue to be snagged in full by noon or 1pm at the latest (on low crowd days).
They actually did allow it for the first few days. And some people got more than 1. But they were also opening BGs before posted park open at the time. And it wasn't peak Christmas crowds yet.

So reading all this wonderful data....has me wondering.

I ALWAYS hit parks before they open..something about an empty park in the morning, waiting at the gate, amps me up.

That being said, it seems like alot of the BG’s given at opening are riding well before 1pm?I am trying to figure out which ADR to keep.

They actually did allow it for the first few days. And some people got more than 1. But they were also opening BGs before posted park open at the time. And it wasn't peak Christmas crowds yet.
Correct and that was widely criticized as a terrible look. I’m glad Disney recognized the error of their ways and I stand by my comment that I don’t see them going back on that. They’ll stick with 1 BG per person OR eliminate VQ altogether but I don’t see them going back to allowing somebody to get multiple BGs.

Correct and that was widely criticized as a terrible look. I’m glad Disney recognized the error of their ways and I stand by my comment that I don’t see them going back on that. They’ll stick with 1 BG per person OR eliminate VQ altogether but I don’t see them going back to allowing somebody to get multiple BGs.
I agree. It was a bad idea to ever allow it.

I think it was Day 4 was when they stopped letting guests join a second BG after riding. Since then it is locked at 1 ride per guest/day.
Unless they change it back, another way I can see someone riding RoR twice is if all the BGs and back-up BGs get called and they allow a standby line. Hasn't been much opportunity to do that yet.

i would hunt for a CM asap if u can’t get in after 5 mins. All BGs were gone before 6:20am (not sure exactly when)
On Sunday they were gone in 10 min
MFSR is extremely crazy this week. I was about 3/4 of the way up the street (so not that far back) and the moment they let us start moving, my family was efficiently weaving through the hordes and in the trek to MFSR we passed a LOT of people (we can move pretty quick). And still, we ended up waiting 30 mins for MFSR.

Park opened today at 6am. We didn’t leave Fort Wilderness until 5:05am, arrived at 5:20am, parked and at the gates about 5:30. Bag check and tapped in about 5:40am. Worked our way3/4 of the way up the street and stopped at 5:45am. Worked out ok with a BG of 25 but ended up with a 30 min wait for MFSR. So waking up early still has advantages.
Yes. I’ve said that if your only goal is RotR then you have no need to get up and arrive to the gate no more than 15 min before open. If you want to ride stuff standby then get there earlier
Yeah, i went last year at this same time and the day i went to AK it was extremely slow. I rode FoP 3 times during the day and then practically walked on right before park close. never once did i have to stand outside while waiting to ride, it was all deep into the "cave" when i stopped initially walking. I might have just gotten lucky on the day i guess. and no fast pass.
It was so bad last night that the stand by crowd starting chanting NO MORE FP. As one walking by them with a FP, I laughed. Lol
Yes and you can’t do it. So abandon that idea. MDE says Nope

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter