READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I was not aware of the "two hour window" info, so that definitely answers my question. As long as I'm asking questions that have probably already been answered :-), I've seen conflicting information on YouTube about whether or not your full party has to be "tapped into the park" to be included in a boarding group (i.e., my wife wants to sleep in while I go and get the family signed up.) I think I read here that that won't work -- everyone has to be tapped in. Can someone confirm that for me? Thanks!

Yep , everyone that wants to ride has to be tapped in :-)

Thanks. I was not aware of the "two hour window" info, so that definitely answers my question. As long as I'm asking questions that have probably already been answered :-), I've seen conflicting information on YouTube about whether or not your full party has to be "tapped into the park" to be included in a boarding group (i.e., my wife wants to sleep in while I go and get the family signed up.) I think I read here that that won't work -- everyone has to be tapped in. Can someone confirm that for me? Thanks!
Others have answered, but there might be conflicting information because the first day that RotR was open--December 5th, I believe--people who hadn't entered the park yet were able to join BGs. People were reporting doing it from the bag check line. That hasn't been the case since that first day. Since then, you and everyone in your party who wants to ride, all have to be tapped into DHS in order to be in a BG.

We are hoping that our boarding group, 149, gets called today. I have a feeling that it will be called at 6 pm if there aren't any more breakdowns. That would work perfectly for us if that is the way it works out.

We can try again Wednesday, but this time we will definitely make it to the park by 7am. They messed my plans up when they changed the park opening from 8am to 7am with just a few days notice.
@Wood Nymph - your time is now :D :D :D 149!

Hi all! What are the current 'holding areas' once people are let into the park before park opening? When I went last, we were all held on Hollywood Boulevard, but now I think you're allowed further into the park. If going to GE, are you held near Star Tours? If going to TSL, are you held by Pixar Place? Just trying to figure out our new strategy. TIA!

Hi all! What are the current 'holding areas' once people are let into the park before park opening? When I went last, we were all held on Hollywood Boulevard, but now I think you're allowed further into the park. If going to GE, are you held near Star Tours? If going to TSL, are you held by Pixar Place? Just trying to figure out our new strategy. TIA!
Lately all the way to grand Avenue. Remember all of it is subject to changes daily

Reactions: CJK
Back home now and I thought I would add one more thing! One thing i was nervous about with a group of 11, and none of us with any Disney familiarity, was that encounter the problem that’s been mentioned numerous times here of someone in your party not being recognized as having tapped in. So just in case anyone is wondering, i had all 11 one day single park tickets on my app, and after we had all entered the park, those changed from “one day” to “O days”, so I knew that everyone was officially “in”!

We arrived at the RitR ride about 6:15 only to find a line so long that it was under the overpass. The CM estimated that the wait time would be about two hours. We decided to leave and try another day.
😔 That’s the curse of the end of the night. I kinda said this earlier but I feel like the best bet if you get called in the last 30 minutes of BGs for that day is to wait until the end of your 2 hour window. They just start loading up the line. Disney could potentially fix this by spacing out when they call the last groups but apparently they want to guarantee everybody has 2 hours to return from being called.

There is a high likelihood, it just depends on how much you are willing to bend the truth to the CM. I’ve had to do it myself with my friend, but I didn’t plan it in advance (was an actual issue).
Did you seriously suggest this? Truth should never be bent. Is that a hard concept? This is a ride and if you get there before opening you’ll ride. I hope no one takes your suggestion. It’s this kind of crap that will cause them to stop helping folks who really do have issues not made up ones

Last edited:
😔 That’s the curse of the end of the night. I kinda said this earlier but I feel like the best bet if you get called in the last 30 minutes of BGs for that day is to wait until the end of your 2 hour window. They just start loading up the line. Disney could potentially fix this by spacing out when they call the last groups but apparently they want to guarantee everybody has 2 hours to return from being called.

They could also change the return time language to be "two hours or park closing" to spread it out a bit more. So those called an hour before park closing only have an hour to come back (but better than not getting called)

We arrived at the RitR ride about 6:15 only to find a line so long that it was under the overpass. The CM estimated that the wait time would be about two hours. We decided to leave and try another day.
We walked by that line. I couldn’t believe my eyes. The MFSR line was about an hour though since everyone in the land was in line for ROTR. Good luck getting on another day. How disappointing that just have been,

They could also change the return time language to be "two hours or park closing" to spread it out a bit more. So those called an hour before park closing only have an hour to come back (but better than not getting called)
Yeah - that would be so much better. It just really stinks for all those called back in the last hour! They should keep calling BGs until maybe 1 hour before close. I guess they also don’t want to hold people hostage until the end of the night only to not be called.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter