READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do any of you really think that MMRR will alleviate the RotR crowd? It's purported to be that amazing?
I think it will double it. Lots of people will want to ride MMRR that RotR didn’t really matter enough to get up early.

Those 45min MFSR lines were an anomaly. This morning (supposed 'off-season') it clocked a 240 minute wait.

There were reasons that MFSR had short waits outside of no FP. HS had a 3hr EEMH for 3 months straight which had the biggest effect. Plus, the fall had much lower attendance compared to after RoR opening.

Good point about the 3 hr EEMH for 3 months. I wish disney would start with those again but I think they regretted them since attendance seemed overall down. I am not sure those would even help anyway due to the break downs of ROTR, the number of guests willing to show up for it well before 6 am, not to mention glitches in MDE.

Last edited:
This thread was SO helpful, thank you all. We braved the crazy today:
- 530 wakeup (staying at Pop Century)
- 601 requested a Lyft
- 619 arrived DHS
- Quickly thru security (bag line), stayed right.
- 628 tapped into park, no fingerprints.
Headed to GE area and ended up at the end of the “line” that was forming. Stopped moving by 635. We were on the far right edge of the line basically right across from Star Tours. Handy so we could hop out to bathroom. Just hung out there on the far right side watching the crowd grow behind us and the poor cast members try to redirect anyone attempting to “cut” using taped off bathroom area. (I thanked every cast member I caught the eye of.)
- 658 started refreshing
- 7am I was in within 30 seconds — party of 2, BG 30
- Went straight to Millenium Falcon and finished it by 815, which sounds long from a 7am start time straight to that ride, but we were basically moving almost the entire time, very minimal “standing.” Cast member later told us the typical time from the “get inside the ride entrance” point is about 55 mins, which we were wondering about while in line.
- 8:20am - BG 30 called
- Rode TOT with FastPass at 8:30 then off to ROTR! It was truly awesome and I’m not even a serious Star Wars person.
- Hung out a while doing non-ride stuff including getting yelled at by Stormtroopers, following Chewy around, and watching a great drum pop up with green army men.
- Left 11am for a nap, via Skyliner, and will head back in a bit.

Technical notes: we both used data because noticed WiFi seemed slow while standing in our spot playing with our phones. Me IPhone 11 on Verizon, friend latest Samsung Galaxy with AT&T. I got through and done with pass before her join button ever appeared.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Regarding yesterday’s technical problems. For those of you who rode yesterday were you also diverted from the first part of the ride ? And anyone who wrote today did you get to experience the full ride or were they still cutting off the first half? Because we missed the preshow with and everything else and never boarded We want to do it tomorrow and don’t want to just do it with half the ride running

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually think it would promote park hopping as well as relieve parents that they don't have to drag their kids (and themselves) out of bed at OMG o'clock just for a chance to snag a BG.

Let's say in the not so distant future that RotR starts operating nearly-perfect and at full capacity all the time.

At that point Disney will most likely get rid of BG and go to FP/Standby.

nice. how long did it take from queue entrance to ride finish today?

I dont actually know, I didn’t track that part! But it felt quick and was almost all movement, minimal standing. The ride was fully operational, the part people reported missing yesterday was all there.

I’ve seen the chart with BG times but I want to know an estimate of what percentage of people trying right at opening get a guaranteed group vs backup. It may be irrelevant for me though because my day is scheduled for a 9:00 open and everything will change anyway. Hopefully they’ll move it earlier because I can’t imagine how many more people will be there at 9 than at 7. 😮
Yes, high crowds are likely to continue and HS often responds by opening an hour earlier, possibly posting the change a week or even day before. Definitely watch for that.

If inside HS before official open and BGs are available for 20 minutes then your chances are near 100%, but we've seen several days this past week where regular BGs closed in under 5 minutes. Many guests with tech issues ended up with a back-up or nor BG at all. I'd watch that availability window closer to your trip as well.

It's not the nightmare it seems though. Back up groups can see availability for an hour or more, sometimes several hours. And the back ups are getting to ride much more often than not. The stress comes from thinking about the worst cases but for the majority of guests, they are riding RoR without too much hassle.

Hi, My family and I are not staying on Disney property. How early can we arrive for parking for HS?

The skyliner is opening at 7:30am so that won't help if you want a "guaranteed" bg. Buses run every 20 min before skyliner begins operations and by an earlier report they even have more buses running depending on demand. So I would bus or uber/lyft
This week bus is the only 7am rope drop transportation. The current 7:30 start might not be early enough for an 8a opening (there’s probably a line at the CBR transfer)
Thanks for the replies! I had it in my head that Skyliner was starting at either 5:45 or 6:45, so the actual situation is much worse than I'd thought--glad I asked! And agreed, I was already a little concerned about a backup at the transfer point...best to bus it, at least for the 8:00 openings. I hadn't wanted to spend money on Lyft, but since my first day (and a Saturday at that) is my big blow-out Star Wars day for reservations, I really want it to go right--and Lyft will probably make it a lot less stressful.

This thread was SO helpful, thank you all. We braved the crazy today:
- 530 wakeup (staying at Pop Century)
- 601 requested a Lyft
- 619 arrived DHS
- Quickly thru security (bag line), stayed right.
- 628 tapped into park, no fingerprints.
Headed to GE area and ended up at the end of the “line” that was forming. Stopped moving by 635. We were on the far right edge of the line basically right across from Star Tours. Handy so we could hop out to bathroom. Just hung out there on the far right side watching the crowd grow behind us and the poor cast members try to redirect anyone attempting to “cut” using taped off bathroom area. (I thanked every cast member I caught the eye of.)
- 658 started refreshing
- 7am I was in within 30 seconds — party of 2, BG 30
- Went straight to Millenium Falcon and finished it by 815, which sounds long from a 7am start time straight to that ride, but we were basically moving almost the entire time, very minimal “standing.” Cast member later told us the typical time from the “get inside the ride entrance” point is about 55 mins, which we were wondering about while in line.
- 8:20am - BG 30 called
- Rode TOT with FastPass at 8:30 then off to ROTR! It was truly awesome and I’m not even a serious Star Wars person.
- Hung out a while doing non-ride stuff including getting yelled at by Stormtroopers, following Chewy around, and watching a great drum pop up with green army men.
- Left 11am for a nap, via Skyliner, and will head back in a bit.

Technical notes: we both used data because noticed WiFi seemed slow while standing in our spot playing with our phones. Me IPhone 11 on Verizon, friend latest Samsung Galaxy with AT&T. I got through and done with pass before her join button ever appeared.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I love these timeline breakdowns; they're very helpful! And honestly, an hour wait for Smuggler's Run at opening doesn't sound too bad; with the opening moved up to 7:00 I've got 3 hours before my first activity reservation and with all the lines long and no shows running that early...eh. Spending an hour in line, grabbing breakfast, and then killing time in Batuu until it's time to build my droid sounds like a decent way to start the morning.

HS has max cap at around 75k.
Let's say after RoR settles down it averages: 120 ppl per BG, 120 BGs and 50 back-ups.
That's about 14k guests guaranteed rides, and 6k who have a decent shot.
1/3 of max cap arrives, so 25k ppl out of 75k possible.
There are 20k slots to give 25k ppl, so a 4 out of 5 chance to succeed.

Let's take that to 4 time windows-
Park open: 25k guests there, 5k get a BG. 1 in 5 chance to succeed.
12:30p: 45k guests minus 5k with BGs, so 40k and 5k get BG#2. 1 in 8 chance.
3:30p: 55k guests minus 10k with BGs, so 45k and 5k get BG#3. 1 in 9 chance.
5:30p: 45k guests minus 15k with BGs, so 30k and 5k get BG#4. 1 in 6 chance.
Attending all 4 windows, you now only have a 3 out 5 chance to succeed. For every window you missed, your chances go down further. For guests who are trying during the 2 midday windows, they'll likely have to show up to HS 3 or 4 days before success at BG.

So are they giving out less of the regular BG’s & more backups? Seems quite early in the day for all the initial BG’s to be done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter