Rainforest room questions

hcox31

DIS Veteran
Is this something I should book before hand or once onboard?

From videos on youtube it looks like some showers? What makes it so good? Cause I can shower in my room for free. lol

From videos on youtube it looks like some showers? What makes it so good? Cause I can shower in my room for free. lol

I recommend you book a pass in advance just in case.

The showers are perfumed --essential oil I suppose?-- have different tempatures and "jets" (I don't know how to say it in english, sorry!)...

So you'll get a different experience in each shower.

It's not just showers. it has a sauna as well. Some warmed chairs that are surprisingly comfortable considering they are tiled, 2 hot tubs. The 'showers' are kinda cool - they have a sequence of colored lights, scents and hot / cold water from a variety of sources.

I am personally not a fan of the showers as I don't like cold water dumped on me after a nice warm shower, but to each their own. It's... an interesting experience. Like someone giving you a massage and in the middle of it jamming an ice pick into your thigh. Then giving you a massage again to relax you, then jamming another ice pick into your arm.

However, I love the hot tub which is much less crowded then the ones in the public area and the heated recliners are just awesome.

The Rainforest Room showers are NOT designed for a standard wash your hair and body shower... Also, wear a bathing suit as the shower/sauna/steam room area is open to anyone in there. They aren't private showers.

I usually get the length of cruise pass for longer itineraries once I am on board the ship. I prefer the Dream or Fantasy Rainforest as they have more room than the Magic. ( Not sure about the Wonder as I have not sailed on that ship yet)
Anyway, there are 3 saunas, many heated loungers with book lights, 2 whirlpool tubs that can fit 2 or 3 comfortably...possibly 4, and several showers of different types and temperatures. There are robes, towels and flip flop type shoes as well as a couple of large water coolers to stay hydrated. It is very quiet and soothing and adults only. The whirlpool tubs overlook the ocean and it is very relaxing.
My husband and I go there in the evening during first seating and it is very quiet. Then we shower and get ready for dinner (second seating) in the locker rooms right across the hall while our kids get ready in the cabin.

You do not need a Rainforest pass to use the locker room showers though...and there is a small sauna in the locker rooms as well.
You could pre purchase a day pass via Gifts and Amenities by calling or faxing in your order and payment. Or you could purchase a length of cruise pass on board. The length of cruise pass offers different scrubs, where the day passes do not.

I am personally not a fan of the showers as I don't like cold water dumped on me after a nice warm shower, but to each their own. It's... an interesting experience. Like someone giving you a massage and in the middle of it jamming an ice pick into your thigh. Then giving you a massage again to relax you, then jamming another ice pick into your arm.

Well that sounds delightful. lmao.

I'm in no way a "spa guy" and I love the rainforest room. If you're on the fence, but it still has a slight appeal then I would suggest purchasing a day pass. You can do it online as Sytrace mentioned but I recently read that you can also book over the phone (which is much easier because faxing is so 2002). This will at least guarantee you one day. You can also book once onboard but it fills up fast during the open house.

The best bang for your buck is to purchase a pass for the entire cruise but you'll need to figure out how much time you'll be spending there etc. On our Nassau day, I'll probably be there for several hours in the morning/afternoon and then 45 mins before dinner as I prefer to shower in the locker room. It really comes down to preference but it's a great space on the ship for adults for that true serenity moment.

I personally love the showers. I'm also not a spa person but tried it once and was hooked. I've done it on all 4 ships. It's so relaxing.

I enjoyed the heated tile lounger, and the hot tub with a view to the sea. The hot tub with a view is only on Dream class ships, though.

I usually get the length of cruise pass for longer itineraries once I am on board the ship. I prefer the Dream or Fantasy Rainforest as they have more room than the Magic. ( Not sure about the Wonder as I have not sailed on that ship yet)
Anyway, there are 3 saunas, many heated loungers with book lights, 2 whirlpool tubs that can fit 2 or 3 comfortably...possibly 4, and several showers of different types and temperatures. There are robes, towels and flip flop type shoes as well as a couple of large water coolers to stay hydrated. It is very quiet and soothing and adults only. The whirlpool tubs overlook the ocean and it is very relaxing.
My husband and I go there in the evening during first seating and it is very quiet. Then we shower and get ready for dinner (second seating) in the locker rooms right across the hall while our kids get ready in the cabin.

You do not need a Rainforest pass to use the locker room showers though...and there is a small sauna in the locker rooms as well.
You could pre purchase a day pass via Gifts and Amenities by calling or faxing in your order and payment. Or you could purchase a length of cruise pass on board. The length of cruise pass offers different scrubs, where the day passes do not.
Do the length of cruise passes make it quicker to get in and out? I had a one-day pass on the Dream, and getting checked in & checked out took forever, despite the fact that I was the only person at the Rainforest Room, because they only had one spa person at the front desk. I'd love to be able to drop in to the Rainforest Room without a wait. Is that possible?

The spa like shower were ok. The heated lounge charis are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!! The practically empty hot tubs are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Habing access to their large dressing room and showers is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I carried my toiletries there to get ready for dinner instead of using my tiny stateroom and it was worth it just for the use of their nice dressing room /bathroom. When I went on the Dream cruise several years ago it was $18 for a day pass. Wonder what the price is now? id do it again just for the access to the big bathroom [in case I haven't already mentioned that......LOLOLO]!!!

It doesn’t sound like there is a time limit or anything, right? Is there any order you’re supposed to do things? Is there ever trouble with people falling asleep on the recliners or staying in the shower or hot tubs way too long so others don’t get time at those things?

Anyone can use the locker room. I can't comment about the men's but the ladies has wonderful toiletries in the showers.

Do the length of cruise passes make it quicker to get in and out? I had a one-day pass on the Dream, and getting checked in & checked out took forever, despite the fact that I was the only person at the Rainforest Room, because they only had one spa person at the front desk. I'd love to be able to drop in to the Rainforest Room without a wait. Is that possible?

I have never had a problem with getting checked in. Maybe it has more to do with staffing at the time that we go though. We leave our KTTW cards with the person at the desk, they give us the robes, scrubs (if we want them) and the green band. Not sure if it makes a difference that we have length of cruise pass or not.

Anyone can use the locker room. I can't comment about the men's but the ladies has wonderful toiletries in the showers.

Yes...that is what I stated in my original post. Anyone can use the locker rooms regardless of Spa service or Rainforest pass.

It doesn’t sound like there is a time limit or anything, right? Is there any order you’re supposed to do things? Is there ever trouble with people falling asleep on the recliners or staying in the shower or hot tubs way too long so others don’t get time at those things?

They do ask that you are respectful of other people waiting for the loungers and hot tubs since there are fewer of them. However, the saunas are large enough for many people at a time. I have never gone and had to wait for anything though...probably because of WHEN we go. :) On sea days during the day I am sure it can get quite crowded.

The spa like shower were ok. The heated lounge charis are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!! The practically empty hot tubs are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Habing access to their large dressing room and showers is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I carried my toiletries there to get ready for dinner instead of using my tiny stateroom and it was worth it just for the use of their nice dressing room /bathroom. When I went on the Dream cruise several years ago it was $18 for a day pass. Wonder what the price is now? id do it again just for the access to the big bathroom [in case I haven't already mentioned that......LOLOLO]!!!

You do NOT need a Rainforest pass to use the locker room showers and amenities. :) I do this every cruise regardless of having a pass or not (I never get passes on shorter cruises, just longer ones)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!