Raglan Road...good or not?

diskids2

<font color=CC66CC>Not above grovelling for a tag
So I'm looking for some reviews of Raglan Road and I'd like to know if they are on the dining plan......I've heard mixed thoughts on this..

Any one recently go and use the Dining Plan?

Thanks,

Yes, they take the dining plan. They take DDE, too. And the food's pretty good, nothing spectacular but pretty good.

I found the food to be good. Probably a little better then most Disney resturants.

I used both DDE and the Dining Plan there.

We used DP there last year and are going again this July. We really liked the food at RR. The service was great too. Can't wait to go back.

We used the dining plan at Raglan Road and liked it quite a bit. I would definitely go back. We shared the appetizer for two, the scallops and they were excellent. I had the Kevin Kudo's...not sure if that's the exact name...but it was quite salty. It was sliced pork with some cabbage and potato. It wasn't anything I would order again. Another tried the sausage appetizer and liked those. A couple tried the steak and said it was good. One had the fish and chips and that looked like the best dinner on our table. The desserts were awesome! It was pretty loud in there with the entertainment but we were in a booth as you come in the door and it was not so loud there. I would definitely go again as I would like to try some of the other dinners.

Loved raglan road! thought the food was superior to most found at WDW, the irish memoribilia is very cool, and the dancer is incredible to watch in the evening, good pub atmosphere, highly recommend it:thumbsup2

We ate at Raglan Road last September for the first time on DDP. We liked it, alot. :goodvibes The only negative I would point out is that the bar area is very noisy, especially when the girl is dancing. We asked to be seated as far away from the bar as possible, and it was fine. Once the music stopped, it was great. Our server was a little standoffish at first, but he got better as the meal went along. At the time we ate there, they were saying RR wouldn't be doing DDP in 2007, but luckily that has changed.

I can (also) heartily recommend the Scallop Forest - forks of scallops served with a lime dipping sauce $12.95 (for 2) my DM and I shared this. She had the Rag-Lamb Shank - delicate lamb shank served on an Irish stew consomme. $21.95, which she said was delicious, and I had the It's Not Bleedin' Chowder - mussels, prawns, scallops and fresh seafood infused with saffron in white wine and finished with cream with fresh potato $19.95, which was absolutely delicious. :cloud9: I plan on having it again, next trip. My DD7 ordered the Kid's Chicken Stix, but what she actually got was better-it was fried (large) pieces of breast meat-some of the best chicken (strips) I've tasted. For desserts my DM had the Dunbrody Kiss - $8.99 (to go) and I ordered the Ger's Bread & Butter Pudding - $7.99 (also to go, but I tasted it there too-it was to-die-for delicious, especially the 2 sauces. DD got ice cream (Nicey Icey) along with the homemade butterscotch sauce (same as served with B'nB).

The staff was friendly, and as we left I asked if I could have a menu copy (I'm a scrapper!) and since they didn't have any paper ones to give out, the manager went to his office and printed out ones from the internet. I thought that was very, above and beyond, what I expected. They were also having a celebration, a few nights later, on 9-17, a kinda 1/2 St. Paddy's day celebration, which sounded fun, but we didn't make it back for it.

I have a review of RR in my Dining TR (link in signature) but here are some of the pictures from our meal (sorry, I forgot to take ones of DM and my entrees-:confused3 ):

Scallops Forest

Kid's Chicken-2 large pieces of chicken

Bread n Butter dessert

Dunbrody's Kiss

DD and Kid's Nicey Icey

Hope this helps-enjoy!

We both love RR! Gabby loves going there whenever she can when she is in FL on business. The chocolate martini is to die for! The atmosphere and entertainment are a lot of fun also.

It's a must do again for our upcoming trip! Maggie

Raglan road is fanstastic, and yes, we agree with most everyone. The food is superior to most of the disney sit down restaurants.

They have a great selection of beers, wonderful bar areas. Nice atmosphere.
Great service.

We have been many, many times. Taken friends and family...everyone has loved it!

We loved RR too! We went last June and will be going again this June! It's a really fun restaurant... And the food was good too- Not wonderful, but good. Good enough for us to go back!

Gotta add another :thumbsup2 to the thread. We ate there in October and thought the food, service, and entertainment were all good. If you follow the link in my signature (As God Is My Witness...) you will find a review of Raglan Road with lots of pictures.

Hope you enjoy the place if you decide to give it a try! :goodvibes

DH and I ate there last September on the dining plan. We both thought the food was good. It was very loud because we were seated close to the live band and had to shout at our server, but other than that we had a great experience. My DH has requested eating there again on our next trip.

We ate here twice recently. Both times were not on the DDP however. Once was in January with my sister. She had some sort of salad and she didn't really care for it. I had the Fish and Chips which were great. We really loved the atmosphere. I went back last week with my mom, my DD and my DS. I really wanted to go back because I knew they'd love the atmosphere and my mom looked at the menu and thought it looked interesting. We all really enjoyed it. We had a really great table right next to where the Irish dancer comes up to dance. We all liked our food and we had a great waitress. We will definitely be going back next time we go back with DH.

Been there two years in a row, RR is fantastic. The restaurant itself is beautiful, the servers are wonderful and very knowledgeable about the offerings and if you go for an early dinner, it's a cool, quiet place to just chill out after a long day.

One caution, if you are on the dining plan, watch your receipt, we were charged 2TS credit last year, but they were credited back with no problem when we got back to AsMu.

Dunbrody Kiss is like heaven on a plate. :thumbsup2

I felt that it was not traditional irish pub fair. I used to frequent a really nice pub back in Atlanta so that disappointed me. The food I had however was tasty. It was a delightful change from most of the places on that strip. I would definately go back if there was music playing. I might go back if there was a huge wait for wolfgang pucks and they were easier to get into. I just prefer Wolfgang for sit down service on the DD strip.

We have been going there each trip for our "First Night" meal since they opened, and have never been disappointed.

If it's our first night in WDW, we're there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter