Radisson Worldgate -- BEWARE!

We stayed there on 12/29/07 before moving on-site. The room was clean, but the bathtub was cracked on the bottom. It was fine for one night because I knew that the next two nights would be at DVC resorts. When we got our room at Beach Club, I plopped down on the bed, looked up, and saw a huge crack in the ceiling and the paint peeling off around it. :rolleyes: I'm ok with a few scraps and bruises as long as the room is clean. :thumbsup2

Sooooooo... We are back from our quickie trip to the World.

Like I mentioned above, it was a last minute thing and I hit up priceline before I read reviews and got stuck with the Radisson Worldgate. I contacted priceline twice before leaving and was assured that it recently passed their "rigorous rating" system and I'd be fine. Of course, priceline has moved their customer service to India, so the only thing they could really do for me was read a script. I crossed my fingers and jetted off to Florida :cool1:

What a horrible, horrible place. The front desk staff was extremely friendly, so I still had hope. A current guest was asking to be switched, and for whatever reason (I'm guessing rm 610 gave up and left), they wound up giving me the room that those folks were about to be moved in to. Maybe that meant we were getting one of the better rooms?

We were given room 305 in the North Tower. Without going into every detail (the list is a solid page long), the entire hotel was filthy, the room was superficially clean, but not really, the mattresses were horrible, the blankets were ripped with tons of moth holes, the tub was cracked, there was mold in the bathroom and on and on. The tv and the ac worked and we had hot water, so I figured this was as good as we were gonna get in this dump. The parking lot in our area was closed, so we had to park back by the conference center. I did not feel at all safe walking from there to the door (there was odd activity in the lots all night long) and the outside door did not lock -- or even close. And that door led right to the elevator. Not safe at all...

When we got back to the room Saturday night, housekeeping had given us new blankets -- these had no rips, just the moth holes, but they left dirty, wet towels on the bathroom floor -- that weren't ours! we checked out at 4am and I have never been so glad to escape a hotel.

I'm sure the Worldgate was nice, even luxurious at some point -- but that was probably 30 years ago.

I wrote a 2 page letter detailing every last thing and sent it to priceline, the hotel and Radisson corporate. I am also going to send it to Disney, because they are still claiming to be a Disney Good Neighbor and I would feel horrible if this place was a family's only experience with WDW. There are Disney offices literally attached to the parking lot -- I can't believe they haven't noticed how poorly kept it is...

Priceline has actually agreed to refund the entire amount I spent with them already. I am also trying to get the hotel to refund my $6.95 a night "resort" fee, because the wireless internet didn't work (in addition to all the other gross stuff).

I'm not a hotel snob, and ordinarily I wouldn't complain, but there was just too much wrong with this place.

Yuck. :scared:

I'm really surprised that 2 people think that $40 or less for a hotel means you should expect a dump!

Priceline says this hotel is a 3* hotel. It doesnt matter what price you end up getting it for. They are representing it as a 3* hotel and its not.

Plain and simple and with all the complaints it should be downgraded

I'm really surprised that 2 people think that $40 or less for a hotel means you should expect a dump!

Priceline says this hotel is a 3* hotel. It doesnt matter what price you end up getting it for. They are representing it as a 3* hotel and its not.

Plain and simple and with all the complaints it should be downgraded

ITA....just because you are frugal with your money does not mean you deserve to be railroaded. If this hotel is shoddy then it should be downgraded in *'s. Everyone agrees this can't possibly be considered 3*'s!!!

ITA....just because you are frugal with your money does not mean you deserve to be railroaded. If this hotel is shoddy then it should be downgraded in *'s. Everyone agrees this can't possibly be considered 3*'s!!!

Its not an issue that you are getting derailed, its just you cant expect to get the same quality that you would if you were paying $100-150 dollars for a room. Thats why there are different levels and prices of hotels. The more you pay, the better the quality, just like in most things. If you want a cheap car and buy a Chevy Cavalier, you cant expect it to be as nice as a BMW. Im not saying its right, Im just saying thats the way it is.

This hotel definitely should not be a 3* hotel. We had a similar experience in a different town. If you call priceline, and keep asking for the current customer service rep's supervisor, you will eventually either be refunded or moved to a different hotel. Never accept the first 4 answers when dealing with customer service as a rule.

Its not an issue that you are getting derailed, its just you cant expect to get the same quality that you would if you were paying $100-150 dollars for a room. Thats why there are different levels and prices of hotels. The more you pay, the better the quality, just like in most things. If you want a cheap car and buy a Chevy Cavalier, you cant expect it to be as nice as a BMW. Im not saying its right, Im just saying thats the way it is.

But you would still expect that Chevy to actually run, wouldn't you? Just because you pay $10k for a car instead of 30, doesn't mean you'll have to push it, just that it won't have all the bells and whistles.

With hotel/motel rooms, there is a certain base level of quality -- a bed you can sleep in, a room that is clean and a bathroom that works, and a door that locks. I don't care how cheap the room is -- that's the minimum. Then, start adding on room service and featherbeds and fluffy robes, sure, the price is going to go up. The base rate for the Worldgate on their website is $84.95 (plus the resort fee). That's not cheap.

I only had to ask once and both priceline and the hotel have refunded me. They know... I'm guessing there is a block of rooms at the hotel that are not rentable. They give these away to priceline customers, and know that not every single one will ask for their money back. So they're still making some money on rooms that would otherwise just be sitting there rotting... And yes, I would have to say that is getting railroaded... :confused3

But you would still expect that Chevy to actually run, wouldn't you? Just because you pay $10k for a car instead of 30, doesn't mean you'll have to push it, just that it won't have all the bells and whistles.

With hotel/motel rooms, there is a certain base level of quality -- a bed you can sleep in, a room that is clean and a bathroom that works, and a door that locks. I don't care how cheap the room is -- that's the minimum. Then, start adding on room service and featherbeds and fluffy robes, sure, the price is going to go up. The base rate for the Worldgate on their website is $84.95 (plus the resort fee). That's not cheap.

I only had to ask once and both priceline and the hotel have refunded me. They know... I'm guessing there is a block of rooms at the hotel that are not rentable. They give these away to priceline customers, and know that not every single one will ask for their money back. So they're still making some money on rooms that would otherwise just be sitting there rotting... And yes, I would have to say that is getting railroaded... :confused3

Sure, I'd expect it to run, but not run as smoothly as the BMW and without the whistles, like you said. Like I said, Im not supporting the way it is, Im just stating that its the way it is. I dont agree with it, and I dont like it, but no matter how many times I disagree with it, thats still the way it is.

I definitely agree that Priceline should remove this hotel from their 3* list. 1.5* at best is what I would recommend.

I definitely agree that Priceline should remove this hotel from their 3* list. 1.5* at best is what I would recommend.

Have you stayed there? Because I honestly don't think it even deserves 1* -- I've stayed in Motel 6's and Knight's Inns that were FAR better.

Anyway, not looking for a fight, just giving a review and hoping maybe it will help someone else avoid a rotten experience. :rolleyes:

The problem is that Priceline is advertising this as a 3* hotel and their regular rates are sometimes around $100. It doesnt matter if you pay $45,what about the ones how paid $100? Both should be treated the same way anyway

Have you stayed there? Because I honestly don't think it even deserves 1* -- I've stayed in Motel 6's and Knight's Inns that were FAR better.

Anyway, not looking for a fight, just giving a review and hoping maybe it will help someone else avoid a rotten experience. :rolleyes:

I completely agree with you. Ive never stayed at a Knights Inn, but have stayed at a Motel 6 once and it was better.

Not looking for a fight here either, no worries!:goodvibes If you and I can keep someone from staying here from this discussion, then we have done someone a great deed!

Hello all! I'm the OP and just can't believe that 9 months later, priceline is still listing this resort as a 3*. These complaints are no longer just minor unfortunate circumstances. The deplorable conditions have become the norm for this establishment and in no way should Disney be endorsing it, nor should a company such as priceline, where your stuck with what you win, be offering it. This hotel was downright disgusting. I wonder if there is any thing else that can be done about this!?!? I just feel so sorry that people are still bidding on this dump. I guess I just urge everyone who stays here and has a bad experience to write a stern letter to Radisson and forward it to Disney. If Radisson wants to associate their name and business model with this filth, good for them. I doubt that the WDW company does... good luck to everyone :wizard:

Well count me in the LOSER category, too! I have always used Priceline for hotels in Disney World for the day we fly in... since we get in late and didn't want to spend the extra $$ for just a place to sleep.

In the past I got La Quinta, Comfort Inn, Best Western, Holiday Inn and Hilton and guess what I got today???? Radisson Worldgate for $45. Woo Hoo -- can you feel the excitement?? NOT!!

After reading these reviews, I'm dreading our one night in May...however, now I am prepared to request room changes until I get one I like and/or contact priceline/disney/radisson, etc.

I'll post a review once I get back -- maybe things changed?! please???

I don't usually post in this section, but the headline caught my eye and so I popped in to add my opinion of this disgusting property. I picked this property from the advertising on these boards (thinking that made it an okay property) for a 1 night stay before checking into our DVC. DH and I were just plain disgusted, our room was ran down, dirty, etc.. Looking back, we should have complained and asked for a different room, but we decided just to make it through the night and never stay there again.

I don't usually post in this section, but the headline caught my eye and so I popped in to add my opinion of this disgusting property. I picked this property from the advertising on these boards (thinking that made it an okay property) for a 1 night stay before checking into our DVC. DH and I were just plain disgusted, our room was ran down, dirty, etc.. Looking back, we should have complained and asked for a different room, but we decided just to make it through the night and never stay there again.

I'm pretty sure the advertising on these boards is for the Radisson Resort Celebration, which is a different hotel altogether :goodvibes

I'm sorry you had a bad vacation. Although I'm sure by now you've had much better Disney vacations.

We stayed at a Raddisson a couple cities away and were appaled by it. The entire hotel was very old and had a strong musty smell. Reminded me of something you'd see out of a horror flick. Thank goodness we were only there for the weekend. We also ate at the restaurant they had and there were bugs in our food. :sad2: I'll never stay at any Raddisson again, just can't chance it.

As I approach my May 3 reservation, I am getting more and more nervous about our stay!

So I decided to write Radisson Customer Service and the President of Carlson Hotels (Yvonne La Penotiere) in advance of my travel.

I gave them the web address of this thread and the one on Trip Advisor so they can read and see the comments/photos of this hotel.

Who knows? Maybe with all our comments, we will get their attention!

I hope my experience will be completely different but either way, I'll come back on here and let you all know.

Today I received a phone call from Radisson Hotels (Carlson) in regards to the letters I previously sent. Unfortunately, my DD2 was crying at the time and I didn't have an opportunity to really talk to the representative.

However, the rep (she) said that the regional team would be going to the hotel to check it out and would read this and the tripadvisor threads and she would get back to me. She gave me her contact information and asked me to contact her after my trip.

So, I am pleased to get a response so quickly and trust that the company will truly look into this hotel.

Since I haven't stayed here previously, I have no idea what to expect. But hopefully all the "advice" on these threads can really help.

We'll see...I remain cautious but hopeful!

Today I received a phone call from Radisson Hotels (Carlson) in regards to the letters I previously sent. Unfortunately, my DD2 was crying at the time and I didn't have an opportunity to really talk to the representative.

However, the rep (she) said that the regional team would be going to the hotel to check it out and would read this and the tripadvisor threads and she would get back to me. She gave me her contact information and asked me to contact her after my trip.

So, I am pleased to get a response so quickly and trust that the company will truly look into this hotel.

Since I haven't stayed here previously, I have no idea what to expect. But hopefully all the "advice" on these threads can really help.

We'll see...I remain cautious but hopeful!

I have to say that I am very interested in the outcome of this. When we were there last May, members of the staff were very adamant about the fact that all Radisson properties are franchised and even claimed that they have "little to do with one another". So much so, in fact, that if I remember correctly, the front desk manager didn't even know where the other property was located, let alone had a phone number, etc. We asked to switch to the other property because we were so disgusted with all of the rooms that they were showing us at Worldgate, but they said it was out of the question. Now it seems that you have contacted a regional team, which they had originally led me to believe didn't even exist?!?! Either way, hopefully they will finally do something about these conditions. As I've said previously, it really is a great location, even if it was the ONLY good thing... and you know what they say... location, location, location! Kudos to you and please keep us updated!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter