Radisson Worldgate -- BEWARE!

Lovely! NOT. I just got this property on priceline for $45. Luckily we are only there for 2 nights and plan to sepnd as little time in the room as possible. :scared:

We stayed there in 2004- the room was OK, but the carpet in our room had huge stains all over it. I thought the hotel rooms would have been upgraded and/or cleaned up by now? We loved the pool and thought the staff was friendly. However, the transportation to WDW didn't cut it. We ended up moving over the the Wilderness Lodge. Wow- what a difference in price, but worth every penny!:thumbsup2 Sorry you had such a bad experience.

Lovely! NOT. I just got this property on priceline for $45. Luckily we are only there for 2 nights and plan to sepnd as little time in the room as possible. :scared:

This is JUST GREAT, we too just got this hotel on Priceline for one night during spring break 2008 at $75 per night. Which I think for that time of year is an acceptable price.

But not given the reviews I have read about this hotel. Wife will not be very impressed with me if we walk into our room and see any of what you people saw.

I think Priceline must be receiving kickbacks from Radisson to keep this property listed as 3*. How else can you explain a company that is willing to piss off its customers time and time again.

Oh well, it is only for one night.

Thats what I dont get. There have been ALOT of complaints to Priceline about this hotel but they refuse to budge....

Thats what I dont get. There have been ALOT of complaints to Priceline about this hotel but they refuse to budge....

Kickbacks?

I don't know and I don't want to pre-judge before we get there but I am really upset already.

We used Priceline in Sept...great experience....very pleased.
For our January trip used Priceline again....got Worldgate...am horrified by reviews. Immediately contacted Priceline who responded with their commitment to this hotel and instruction to expect a satisfactory room, insisting on room changes if necessary. Ultimately I am to contact Priceline if I am not satisfied.
In truth, I've decided to forfeit the $ 106.00 ( 2 nights at a $45.00 bid) and have booked at a well rated hotel. I wait too long and work too hard for vacations to spend any time in a dump.
Don't know if I'll ever use Priceline again....and I know I'm judging without seeing, but too many people have been too unhappy with Worldgate. :3dglasses

I have used Priceline before and never been disappointed. I am willing to put up with 2 nights at a dump for $45 per night. If it really is that bad, we can always pay rack rate at the all-stars I will contact Priceline and complain if it really is as bad as all that.

We used Priceline in Sept...great experience....very pleased.
For our January trip used Priceline again....got Worldgate...am horrified by reviews. Immediately contacted Priceline who responded with their commitment to this hotel and instruction to expect a satisfactory room, insisting on room changes if necessary. Ultimately I am to contact Priceline if I am not satisfied.
In truth, I've decided to forfeit the $ 106.00 ( 2 nights at a $45.00 bid) and have booked at a well rated hotel. I wait too long and work too hard for vacations to spend any time in a dump.
Don't know if I'll ever use Priceline again....and I know I'm judging without seeing, but too many people have been too unhappy with Worldgate. :3dglasses

I find it very interesting that we attempted to contact Priceline at least three times in regard to our concerns and all 3 times we were completely ignored. We made phone calls and even sent a formal letter with pictures of the deplorable conditions of the rooms we were given and heard absolutely nothing. As I posted previously, Disney was the only one to respond in a timely fashion and, technically, they were the least responsible for the issues we were addressing. Radisson sent a form letter many weeks later including a one night voucher ... which does us no good as we now steer clear of Radisson properties in general while vacationing. I wonder why Priceline advises to complain about dissatisfaction when they do not even respond? :confused3

I have used priceline before, but I am afraid to go lower than 4 star...never used it for florida before though. I have used it also for my car rentals

Well if anyone stays here before December, could you please post another review. I'd hate to get so upset without some fairly recent feedback.

I just think that Priceline likes to act like they care but when it comes down to it and you do call and complain with legit concerns they will blow you off. There have been waaay too many complaints about this hotel with them for them to not realize the problems yet anytime anyone does complain they act like they are 'surprised' about it

I just think that Priceline likes to act like they care but when it comes down to it and you do call and complain with legit concerns they will blow you off. There have been waaay too many complaints about this hotel with them for them to not realize the problems yet anytime anyone does complain they act like they are 'surprised' about it

There is one "review" on the priceline site of this hotel where the guy basically said "I will not write a review for you guys because you do not listen to anyone's concerns anyway."

I thought that was funny.

I am really not sure what else you should be expecting for $45. No offense, I mean really though, that's like free

While it might be 'like' free, it's not 'actually' free. At all.
And at what price point does ignoring maintenance, cleanliness and customer service become OK?
I stayed in a dump in Orlando once - for about four minutes. The way I see it, it's not OK to stay in a substandard hotel, even if it is a good deal.

"And at what price point does ignoring maintenance, cleanliness and customer service become OK?"

Around 40$. You get what you pay for, unfortunately.

I would never recommend this hotel to anyone under any circumstances.

I haven't read this whole thread, but basic cleanliness is (or should be) a legal requirement. I might put up with a little less customer service for a discount, but if you can't keep a room clean and usable at a given rate, you should leave it empty and not rent it.

On the other hand, I've stayed in some expensive hotels that also have cleanliness issues. I stayed in a Hilton in Tampa a few weeks ago and was tempted to go buy a bottle of cleaner. I just wasn't convinced that the tub was clean.

Sheila

We stayed at Radisson WorldGate Resort the first two nights of our vacation - December 5 - 7. We had a wonderful stay there. The room was very clean and spacious, the furniture was nice, refrigerator, coffee maker, desk with free internet capabilities, etc. Very nice and we would definitely stay here again. We got this room from Hotwire and paid $54 per night. I was nervous about staying here after all the bad reviews, but we had a lovely stay.

:thumbsup2

Oh, finally, a decent review! I am so worried about this hotel. Yes, I should have read all the reviews before booking, but I was in a bit of a time crunch and the search feature wasn't working...

I just planned a last minute surprise trip for my mom's birthday this weekend. It needs to be as low budget as possible for me to swing it, but I can't think of anything that would make her happier than spending her birthday in the Magic Kingdom. I was willing to pay rack rate for the value resorts, but everything is sold out and I just couldn't see spending more than Disney rates on a non-Disney hotel, so I tried Priceline and figured 3 stars couldn't be that bad.

There are good and bad reviews on the Worldgate at most of the travel sites. I'm not looking for the Ritz, just a clean, comfortable place to crash for a few hours. Here's hoping the hotel fairies are smiling on us! :scared:

We stayed there about a year ago give or take and never again. We also had to switch rooms as in the middle of the night the air conditioning started to screech. You could not pay me to stay there it is that bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!