Quick Service Reviews March 28-April 2

DisneyHardin

DIS Veteran
We just got back from a trip to WDW and I thought I would do a quick review of our dining. I'm not much of a picture taker, so I don't have pictures of the places we ate. My Mom (68) and I (42) went down for Spring Break. We only ate QS, but had some really good food.

Normally I travel to WDW with my DH and he is a VERY plain eater, so for QS we tend to eat mostly burgers and chicken tenders.

March 28 - Our flight arrived in the early evening, so we checked into POP and took the Skyliner to Epcot for the evening. We ate dinner at Katsura Grill in Japan. We shared a California Roll and the Chicken Teriyaki. The California Roll was pretty good. The chicken was kind of dry, but the teriyaki sauce was delicious and it came with white rice. I would have been happy with just a bowl of the white rice with the teriyaki sauce on top.

March 29 - We headed to DHS for rope drop. We did a mobile early pretty early in the day so we could get a "prime" lunch time for Woody's Lunchbox. We got the BBQ Brisket Melt with tots and the Smoked Turkey Sandwich with tomato soup. We each ate half of each sandwich. They were delicious. I would definitely eat here again. For dinner we ate at the Pop Food Court and shared a bacon cheeseburger and one of their delicious turkey sandwiches. The fries from the Pop food court were so good - thin cut, hot and salty.

March 30 - This was our AK day. We again ordered early to get that prime lunch spot at Satu'li Canteen. We both got noodle bowls with the creamy sauce - Mom had chicken and I had beef. This was probably the best QS meal I've ever had at WDW. I seriously wanted to lick that bowl clean. For dinner we ate at Pop again - this time we shared another turkey sandwich and a salad with chilled shrimp.

March 31 - We went back to Epcot. Neither of us were feeling great - it was hot and we were getting worn down from all the walking, we had planned to eat in the Mexico pavilion, but we just decided to leave after just a couple hours - we went out the front entrance and since there is no bus to Pop, we took the bus to Art of Animation and ate lunch at their food court for a change of scenery. I had chicken tenders and Mom had the grilled chicken sandwich. It was good, but is the exact same food they have at Pop. For dinner, we did the family Pizza deal from the Pop food court. It was too much food for just 2 people, but it was about the same price as just ordering 2 meals. We stuffed ourselves with salad, breadsticks and pizza.

April 1 - This was our last park day and we went to MK. We did another early in the morning lunch order, and I am glad we did, when we got to Pecos Bill's at 11:30 to get our food - there were people everywhere on their phones trying to order. We got a fajita platter and an order of pork nachos. The fajitas were okay, I probably wouldn't order them again. The nachos were really good. The meat and cheese had a little bit of spice and I would definitely order them again. For dinner, we were at the Pop food court again. I had a burger and Mom had chicken tenders.

We had no intention of eat at the Pop Food court every single night for dinner, but we were really tired in the evenings and it was easy, but the food was always hot and fresh and honestly we didn't mind eating there several times. I really enjoyed trying places my DH would never have eaten.

It's nice to hear a report from someone who had success and enjoyed the QS. Seems all you hear lately is long waits, limited menus, no place to sit, etc. So glad you enjoyed it. Oh, wondering why you didn't grab anything at the food booths at Epcot while you were there?

Thanks for the great QS review, I always love to see them!

We are also big fans of Satu'li, but I had no idea you could get noodles as a base. We have gluten allergy, so it wouldn't be an option for us anyway, but is that new, or have they always had noodles available?

Thank you for a very helpful review. I think we will try the Satuli Canteen. How far in advance that morning did you place your order? I’ve never done mobile ordering, any tips are much appreciated. We travel in mid May. And when we are staying at a resort with a food court we are always surprised at how often we eat dinner there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter