Quick Service Questions

TT4Dis

Mouseketeer
My family is going to WDW end of November and will have 5 adults, 5yr old, 4 yr old and 1 year old. We are looking at QSDP. I read that sharing of meals isn't allowed but is that table service only? Is the sharing of quick service meals monitored? We are looking at trying to share 3 QS meals at lunch or breakfast so everyone gets to eat 3x a day without adding too much OOP costs. Also are QS meals portions large enough that 2 adults could share a meal and it be enough until snack time? Thanks for your help!
April

If you are all on the same reservation and have the dining plan, then you can share. Sharing is forbidden with others NOT on YOUR dining plan. I often split meals with my DD and there is no problem with it as we are on the same reservation. :) With TS you can also share with your own party, with the exception of buffets and family style/all you can eat restaurants.

Your one year old can share with you anyway as he/she would not qualify for the plan. Enjoy yourselves!

The adult meals are certainly big enough to share for all meals. The Bounty Breakfast Platters are especially generous. Honestly, they're so huge that five adults can pretty easily split two or three breakfast platters. You'll have your mugs for drinks (assuming you are eating at your resort), and then you'll also get two extra drinks per breakfast platter ordered.

You'll have 10 adult entitlements and 4 child entitlements to use per day. The kids will be able to have their own meals for two meals of the day, and for the third meal the adults can share from their meals.

It sounds complicated, but it really works out in the end. We went to Disney with the QSDP in January with four adults and two kids, and had no problems sharing to the point we got three meals a day using the plan.

You did get your answers from the other posters but I would like to mention that while you can share quick service meals you never know how hungry you will be! I excercise quite a bit and eat well normally but even though I'm not running at Disney, I am walking so much that I get very hungry. Usually I like the quick service meal all to myself but it all depends on how much you and your family eats. There is no way my husband could ever share a meal and in fact, he's been known to order extra or eat off of our plates. Something to keep in mind. Don't pressure yourself to NOT eat. You can always get 3 quick service meals and then get another one if you guys are still hungry.
Good luck and have fun!

You did get your answers from the other posters but I would like to mention that while you can share quick service meals you never know how hungry you will be! I excercise quite a bit and eat well normally but even though I'm not running at Disney, I am walking so much that I get very hungry. Usually I like the quick service meal all to myself but it all depends on how much you and your family eats. There is no way my husband could ever share a meal and in fact, he's been known to order extra or eat off of our plates. Something to keep in mind. Don't pressure yourself to NOT eat. You can always get 3 quick service meals and then get another one if you guys are still hungry.
Good luck and have fun!

I completely agree. While I can easily share a meal, my husband cannot. We were on the QSDP last year and shared a couple of meals as snacks, but my husband usually cleans his plate. My 13-year-old son eats probably two thirds of a meal and I can usually eat around half.

You didn't mention if you were on the QSDP or would be paying OOP for all meals. If you are paying OOP, I believe you would do good to maybe have those adults who are not big eaters to share with the little ones and let the big eaters have a meal to themselves. You can always pack healthy filling snacks from home to help hold everyone over too.

HTH!

Another thing about meal sharing is that not all cs meals at WDW are created equal!

For example, a burger meal at Pecos Bills isn't so huge one adult can't finish it, but go over to Cosmic Rays and get that chicken rib meal combo for the same cs credit price and you will likely not find many adults who can or want to eat that much. The pasta bowl at Port Orleans Riverside food court is another example of a portion so huge even my husband and I together couldn't quite finish it all.

Another factor is the dessert. If you only get a cookie or one of the small little pieces of cake many of the cs places in the parks serve that doesn't add too much. But if you eat at a resort food court and get a huge hunk of cheesecake or a brownie sundae, then again, your overal portion is large enough to warrant sharing it with someone else.

I find that overall, the mod and value food court meals with bakery items for dessert are the ones that we share. Inside the parks where chances are you will be eating a salad, burger or sandwich type meal is a different thing and much smaller in size.

do any adults out there ever order kid's meals @ a CS when not on the DP???

Yes, I've ordered them to eat for snacks. If you are not on DDP it does not matter what type of meal you order. They won't require you to prove you are ordering a children's meal for a child.

oh good! in the wdw heat, i don't like to eat a big lunch so i was thinking about ordering some kids meals, thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!