Quick Chefs de France Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

KandD

<font color=darkorchid>BUT YOU NEVER SAID THEY HAD
My mom, my sister, and I went to Epcot yesterday. It was my mom's first time back to Disney in 14 years!! (She is not a Disney lover like my sister and I...on the way out of Epcot she said that she would go back but she would like to try another park she said "But not Disney park because it has all the crazy rides!"....ahh gotta love her!!...she meant Magic Kingdom and she was referring to Splash and Space Mountain apparently)

Anyway, we had reservations for Chefs de france for 1.20. I tried to get ADRs at Le Cellier but of course they were booked. I even went to Guest Relations in the am to see if anyone cancelled last minute and the CM actually chuckled! He said that no one cancels, no matter what they will come to their ADR for Le Cellier! LOL

So we got there about 20 minutes early and were seated about 5 or 10 minutes before our ADR. We all got the same thing! (If you knew us you would be shocked because we all have very different tastes). We all got the onion soup and the chicken/grilled pepper and onion crepe.

Now I should have prefaced this by saying that I had first eaten at Chefs back in September during free dining. My boyfriend and I HATED it! I got sick immediately after (I was the girl walking around with a plastic bag held up to my chin just in case...no I wasn't drunk!...wish I were!) And we both found our meals to be BLAH...I can't remember what DBF got but I had the mac and cheese.

Anyway back to this trip, I only tried it again because I thought my mom would enjoy and she did! And so did I!!! We had a WONDERFUL time! Remy came to visit the table and my mom not knowing who Remy is or why he would be visiting got a kick out of it just the same. The tables were close together but didn't make us uncomfortable at all. The onion soup came in a large bowl and I didn't finish mine...can't remember if sis or mom did...probably not. And the chicken crepe was really lite and tasty. None of us finished ours though.

We went to the bakery after for a chocolate mousse which was yummy yummy but my sister and I should have shared because it was waaayyy too much! And mom and I finished off our French experience with some Grey Goose slushies (which by the way may have been the longest line we waited in all day! LOL! But even mom said that it was worth it).

So despite my first trip to Chefs de France I am glad I went back. It was a lovely lunch and my non Disney loving mother really enjoyed it. The only thing was that there were some tables that had Happy Bday sung to them, we told them it was mom's bday when we made reservations and she had the button on...maybe because we didn't order dessert?? Owell, it would have embarrassed her anyway (but I would have loved it!! )

Thanks for the review we will be eating @ Chef a week from today, part of our 14 DDP maraton

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter