Questions regarding the drink of the day

mevelandry

DIS Veteran
DH and I are not big drinkers and were always beer and wine kind of people... However, during our last cruise with Carnival, we have discovered that we appreciate daiquirish-margaritaish-fruity-kind-of-drinks... LOL

I was wondering what was the price difference between the "drink of the day" and regular priced drinks.

Are the drinks of the day always the same on 3-4 nights cruises? If it is the case, we would love to know what would be the discounted drinks on our next cruise.

We are doing a three nights in the Bahamas on the Disney Wonder.

Thanks in advance.

THe drink of the day was $4.95; careful as if they bring you a drink in a souvenir cup, that's $9.95. I believe I was told most of them were $6.95. On CC most were just over $5.00. Keep in mind, they drinks they sell at the "Sail Away" are NOT the drinks of the day. They are the frozen varieties in the souvenir cup. FYI. Hope this helps. The Drink of the Day each day is posted in the Navigator.

THe drink of the day was $4.95; careful as if they bring you a drink in a souvenir cup, that's $9.95. I believe I was told most of them were $6.95. On CC most were just over $5.00. Keep in mind, they drinks they sell at the "Sail Away" are NOT the drinks of the day. They are the frozen varieties in the souvenir cup. FYI. Hope this helps. The Drink of the Day each day is posted in the Navigator.
We dont ever buy those but it sounds a little deceptive.

We dont ever buy those but it sounds a little deceptive.
You know, I think people just get caught up in the moment perhaps and don't think about it. I've been buying one of the drinks in a souvenir cup every cruise for sail away thinking it was the drink of the day! It was just this cruise I started asking questions. So hubby walked down to the bar and got me my drink of the day for $4.95. LOL I didn't need another souvenir cup for crying out loud. I will say, I've seen MANY people at the customer service desks shocked at their bills and standing there speaking with spouse or someone trying to remember all the drinks, etc. they bought. It adds up quickly!!

We dont like that they walk around cabanas right after you get on the ship and ask if you want to buy a case of waters, beer or drinks.

I think the last time we sailed a few weeks ago, we were asked about 7 times during our lunch.

If you do get suckered into a souvenir cup I've heard you can get the drink of the day in that cup later on the cruise for the drink of the day price but with more drink. If that makes sense

Thank you!

OK, so far I see Bahama Mama, Two Seasons and Stingray.

Does anybody know what they are made of?

Last edited:
I was wondering what was the price difference between the "drink of the day" and regular priced drinks.

It can be quite a lot. We just got back off the Fantasy. The DotD was $4.95, but, for example, each dining menu has specialty drinks that are regular (unlisted) price. My brother and his wife would each try 1-2 every night, round it off with a beer. I tried to warn them to stick to the DotD. His wife about had a heart attack when she saw their onboard account about day 5. Yep, regular drinks were priced at what you'd pay at a decent restaurant, so $10-15 each (beers were cheaper, I think he was just drinking Miller Lite for $5 a can).

But nobody ever listens to me :rotfl:

My advice, go to one of the bars and order the drink of the day. Most of the folks will then make it on-demand as opposed to the pre-mix. Take care of them and rest assured, your drink will be perfect. Watch out for the Tropical Depression!

If you do get suckered into a souvenir cup I've heard you can get the drink of the day in that cup later on the cruise for the drink of the day price but with more drink. If that makes sense

This was my experience last week, you can reuse the souvenir cup to get any drink for normal price, however the cups are bigger, so more drink for the same price.

Already did. Unfortunately I only found the Bahama Mama so far (yummmm!!!) but I'm still looking for the Two Seasons and the Stingray.

The Bahama Mama was delicious.

According to the bartender, the Stingray is dark rum, pineapple juice and cranberry juice. I didn't try it.

The Two Seasons tasted like an orange juice blend with possibly rum and blue curaçao? I'm not an orange juice fan, but I liked it.

My advice, go to one of the bars and order the drink of the day. Most of the folks will then make it on-demand as opposed to the pre-mix. Take care of them and rest assured, your drink will be perfect. Watch out for the Tropical Depression!

I was given this advice as well. The Bahama Mama I got from the bar was much better than the pre-made ones my friends got from the pool area.

I was just talking to someone this weekend about these drinks of the day and they were saying the Yellow Bird is really good. Anyone know what's in that drink?

That's why they are put on "2-for-1" sale at the pool near the end of the day: they make a huge vat of them for poolside service, and if they don't sell it all, it gets thrown out. So they put it on sale at the end of the day. But, since it's in a big vat with ice in it, it gets watered down almost immediately, plus it sometimes has flavoring instead of fresh ingredients, depending on the drink (like those with mint). It's much better to get one made fresh at a bar, for the same price.

Are gratuities automatically added to drinks from the bar?
Yes, gratuities are automatically added to any drink order.

Stingray - tried it, not my favorite. I think the only drink I've ever ordered twice was the Tropical Depression on CC. The only depression I felt was leaving the island! :-)

I was just talking to someone this weekend about these drinks of the day and they were saying the Yellow Bird is really good. Anyone know what's in that drink?

The only time I had a Yellow Bird was admittedly on a different cruise line. But...it was during the Alaska Running Cruise at our closing reception and I didn't know they were bringing more drinks out, so I took the only thing left which was a Yellow Bird - DISGUSTING. Tasted like yellow triaminic. It was all I could to do swallow that small sip I'd taken. As soon as I saw a new tray of stuff come out, I bolted for it so I could get something I liked and not get stuck again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter