Questions on TS restaurants

taliategan

DIS Veteran
Do the TS restaurants in the parks close when the parks close? Just wondering about the winter months, as the parks close at 6:00 p.m. most days.

How are the character dinners in the resort hotels? Is the same menu used as the other nights? Is there a different price for the character dinners? Do they require advance reservations?

I have seen that you do not normally have to make advanced reservations for most of the TS restaurants before the day you plan to eat there, except for Mythos and character meals. Is there a number to call in advance if you want to make reservations for Mythos or character meals before you get to Universal if you want to eat there on your 1st or 2nd day there?

Thanks for any responses.

Do the TS restaurants in the parks close when the parks close? Just wondering about the winter months, as the parks close at 6:00 p.m. most days.

restaurants generally close a few minutes before the parks close.
as long as you are inside and in line, you should be able to place your order.

How are the character dinners in the resort hotels? Is the same menu used as the other nights? Is there a different price for the character dinners? Do they require advance reservations?

you should call the hotel to make sure the character dining is on for the date you have planned. sometimes the written brochures don't have the change dates in them. you can make a ressie if you wish. if you do, be specific on them having the character night when you go.

HRH used to have the magician night at one of the "character" dining times.
it's a good show.
it is the same menu, just having the characters present doesn't change the basics for the menus.

I have seen that you do not normally have to make advanced reservations for most of the TS restaurants before the day you plan to eat there, except for Mythos and character meals. Is there a number to call in advance if you want to make reservations for Mythos or character meals before you get to Universal if you want to eat there on your 1st or 2nd day there?

yes you can call up to 30 days out for a ressie.
you don't need to do that unless it is a holiday time.

you can make the ressie at the lobby concierge desk, at the kiosk booth in city walk, or call in advance.
many just make the ressie for the morning of the day they want mythos.
some make it days in advance.

it's all personal choice.
Thanks for any responses.

i totally understand your questions.
the first time i went to universal, i was worried i needed to plan months in advance and make the food ressies early.

after i was at universal, i realized the early ressies weren't a necessity.
i prefer to make a ressie for mythos a couple of days before i plan on dining there.

i do need to add that i have walked up to mythos many times without a ressie and was able to be seated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter