• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Questions for FW Veterans

TwinMommy

Earning My Ears
Here are some slightly weird questions I have been wondering about:

1. Can you enter WDW from the north (Rt 50 to 535 to Vista Blvd)? We
went past the security booth on Vista Blvd toward 535 to do some shopping
and I have wondered if you are allowed to enter this way with your travel
trailer. Or, do they insist that you use the main entrance off of 192.
Rt 27 and 192 are always a mess, it seems.

2. Say you get to FW around 8am or 9am and they don't have any sites available
in the loop you would like, but they do assign you another loop. You drive
through and notice a few sites open in the loop you wanted. Do they not
have this information because the sites have not been cleaned yet? What
if you call to the front desk and ask to have one of the newly available sites?
Will they let you have it? Also, what time would you arrive at the beginning of June
for check-in?

3. What is the real time the boats arrive at MK in the early AM. About 8:20am (?),
or do they still run late (compared to MK opening time) like they used to when there was early entry?

Thanks!

Twinmommy

Great Questions!

1. We use the Vista Blvd Security entrance because it is easier to get through then the Main Gate Booth. So that is no problem. I have complained to WDW that crossing two lanes or more of traffic to get over to the right lane and make the FW turn is very difficult in a Motor home or with a travel trailer. So to avoid a fender bender we use the side entrance, just show your confirmation slip.

2. FW is not like any other campground you have stayed at nor is it run like most campgrounds. C/O is 11am and housekeeping has until 3pm to clean previously occupied sites. They remain in radio contact with the hskp office and then they feed clean sites into the computer. About two days before arrivals RA goes in and block sites for request or large groups, effectively reserving some sites. Going into the campground and just picking another site is only going to cause problems in the front office. As CRO says "Sites are not guaranteed to be ready until after 3pm".

So here is the suggestion: Have CRO note your request on your resv, fax the FD a few days before your arrival. If you are arriving on a busy day such as Friday or Sunday or a holiday then the turnover takes more time. So do an early check in that morning. You never know your site might be available. If you are already blocked into a specific site, per your request they will probably tell you to come back later. IF FW does have a clean site you have the option of taking it or waiting for the requested site. The choice of waiting will allow you to park in the parking lot and head out to the parks if you choose. Then you can come back later and move your RV into your assigned site.

3. MK launches, If the official opening is 9am then the gates will open at 8:30, so the boat launches start about 7:15/7:30 with a 20 minute commute time.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for the response! I was hoping we could come in the Vista Blvd way. Especially at a busy time of day!

Do I have to fax my request before I arrive or can I call?

I'm surprised the boats get to MK so early. I thought they didn't start until 8:00am. I would be glad to get there and be ahead of the crowd.

Also, does anyone know if security checks each and every person walking in? I have heard that they do and it takes a long time to get through the gates. Anyone know?

Thanks!

I would fax your request. The RA usually changes everyday and that way you have something for them in writing. Security at the Vista Blvd booth will check the driver and ask for a confirmation form. Same for the FW front entrance guard. But if you make an immediate right after going thru the Vista guard stand you wont need to do it a second time. As for members of your party coming in seperate cars, the drivet will have to present id.

about the search-

Just back - only if you have a bag or backback of any sort. Only one person goes through the search area and meets the rest of the party by the entrance. The search place is right on the way to the entrance gates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter