Question.......

pwmitch237

To infinity and beyond.
What are some of your favorite quotes that help motivate you? I've lost 30lbs (woohoo!!!) and have another 30 to go. Seeing the numbers fall motivate me, but I also like to read quotes as I'm working out.

I have some favorites (mainly from The Biggest Loser):

"What have you done today to make you feel proud?" - Theme Song
"Stand Up and finish what you started" - Bob
"I cannot build DESIRE you must find your own PURPOSE" - Jillian
"Unless you faint, puke, or die, KEEP WALKING!" - Jillian
"This is where it matters the most. This is where lives are made, in these moments when you can choose whether or not to say "I can't" or "I can." It is a choice that will either make or break you for life." - Jillian
"Do you want to be skinny or what? Keep GOING!" - Jillian
"Blood, Sweat, and Tears, leave it all on the Gym Floor" - Jillian
"You're halfway there, on your last circut, Don't STOP, I know what you're thinking, you're dying, it hurts, wah, wah, wah.. You wanna be skinny or not. Shut up, and do your mountain climbers." - Jillian (Last Chance Workout DVD)

And one from someone you probably wouldn't think of:
"Today's your day, I feel it, You paved the way, Believe it" - Shakira

What are your favorite quotes?

My two favorites:

“Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be” - George Sheehan

“Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.” - Lance Armstrong

They pretty much are the two things that I alternate below my screen name.

The greatest pleasure in life, is doing the things people say we cannot do.
-- Walter Bagehot

Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors.
Try to be better than yourself.
--William Faulkner

You have a choice. You can throw in the towel, or you can use it to wipe the sweat off of your face.
--Gatorade

I had as many doubts as anyone else. Standing on the starting line, we're all cowards.
-- Alberto Salazar

We are different, in essence, from other men. If you want to win something, run 100 meters. If you want to experience something, run a marathon." Emil Zatopek

If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken Him completely by surprise. P.Z. Pearce

There have been many times I regretted skipping a run - but there has never been a time I regretted taking one.

Two from Weight Watchers....

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels.

If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

not really a quote, but one i replay to myself often

"Does this (snack, skip workout) support my goals?"

You have a choice. You can throw in the towel, or you can use it to wipe the sweat off of your face.
--Gatorade
I really like this one!
not really a quote, but one i replay to myself often
"Does this (snack, skip workout) support my goals?"
Oooh.. I like this one too! Knowing me I'll have to ask this to myself a lot

I've got a new one:
"Don't dig your grave with your own knife & fork" - English Proverb
"Without self-discipline, success is impossible, period." - Lou Holtz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter