question RE customs

tenndem73

Earning My Ears
I just realized that when I booked my cruise, plane tickets through Disney, etc. I entered my son's name as "Xander." However, his actual name is Alexander. Do you think this will give me any trouble when they look at his birth certificate and it says his full name but all the other documents just say "Xander?" :boat:

My Mom is "Debbie" (goes by middle name) but her actual first name is "Judith". She has to travel 100% of the time as Judith. While not the same incidence as your nick name, I'm pretty sure they have to match exactly. (ie. Christopher for my husband instead of just Chris.)

they will go by what ever is on the passport i would call and have them change the tickets to what ever his passport reads to be safe

I would get it changed HOWEVER my daughter's name is Macylea and it was spelled Mackylee on her first two cruises- never had a problem. But who wants to be the exception?

I just realized that when I booked my cruise, plane tickets through Disney, etc. I entered my son's name as "Xander." However, his actual name is Alexander. Do you think this will give me any trouble when they look at his birth certificate and it says his full name but all the other documents just say "Xander?" :boat:

Shouldn't be an issue, our DDs go by Carly & Katy which are the names we use when booking with Disney, but their passports & BC are Caroline & Kathryn, and we've never any issues.
But you may want to call, just for your own piece of mind. :scratchin

Travel bookings and documents etc should all be in full legal names. It should actually state this when booking entering data.

Best advice as others have given is to have them match. I think that it's really customs & immigration at the various ports who I believe get copies of the passenger lists who want everything to match. We travelled to Jamaica last year with my father whose passport says Francis Edward and his plane ticket was booked under F. Edward (he goes by Ted) and they had kittens at the airline check-in, fussing about until they were able to change it.

My husband's passport has his middle initial and mine has my middle name and our TA says that we should make everything exactly match regardless of whether it's plane tickets, Disney cruise, etc. just because border agents are so picky now.

I would strongly suggest you have it corrected. You may indeed breeze though check in no problem, but you may not and that is not the time to have a problem!

In addition, HLS does a security background check on all passengers before the date of sailing and they may have a problem !

Please get it fixed!

AKK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter