Question about reservations for 10

fwtrat

Earning My Ears
Quick question about a dining reservation for 10...I have several reservations booked at character dining for 10 folks (buffet style restaurants). I was wondering if it would be better to book 2 seperate reservations of 5 at or around the same time. The dining person said that party's of 10 will have seperate tables at every reservation I have, but the tables will be next to each other. I was wondering if this will delay our seating since they will have to wait for 2 tables beside each other to clear out (assuming they do sit the 2 tables next to each other). Has anyone had an experience with this. Do they make sure the 2 tables are together? Do other party's get moved ahead of you because of your large party?

Another reason I am thinking of booking 5 and 5 is the fact that our party may not be together at all times in the park and I can see a few of them not making it a priority of be at the restaurant on time, causing a delay for everyone else. This way 5 could go on in and eat while a few would have to wait.

The main drawback would be probably not sitting together during the meal. Any thoughts would be appreciated? Thanks

If you book 5 and 5, there's a chance that you'll sit nowhere near each other. You can ask when you check-in to sit near the other party, but it will be much tougher to make sure that happens.

If you're ok with that, and there are reservations available, then 5 and 5 should work just fine.

The "Your party may be seated at different tables" notification that the CM was repeating is a very common notification, but very rare occurrence.

So, I'd let the "some of them may not show up in time" be more of the guide than the notification. If you feel that's going to be a big issue, and are ok with sometimes sitting on opposite sides of the restaurant, and potentially having longer waits for tables together than you would with the 10 person ADRs, then go for it. Personally, if it were my party, I'd leave good enough alone and just work with my travel companions to make sure we were all present at check-in time.

If you already have them booked (it sounded that way when I read it), don't change them. They tell almost everyone there's a chance your party may not be seated together -- even my party of 5. Rarely does a party get separated. You've got a better chance of being seated together if you get ADRs for 10.

Now if you can't get one for 10, 2 ADRs for 5 (or any combination) would work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter