I bought a couple 7 day non Hopper tickets for family members who had a flight changed and now can only go to parks six days. Can I change to 6 day ticket. Assuming no can I ’upgrade’ them from 7 day non hopper to 6 day hopper? We were leaning towards upgrading to hoppers anyway. Wasnt sure if you can change number of days as long as it costs more?

While you can ask and explain the situation, generally there is no “downgrade” allowed - meaning a lower-value ticket. Anything that costs more is an “upgrade” and allowed, even if the end result is fewer park entries.

Check the difference — it may only be a “loss” of about $25 for that 7th day, not likely enough to cover PH.

Trying to buy tickets online before we head to the park, but it keeps saying to use a different payment method. I have tried with my debit card and three different
Disney gift cards and they all say the same thing. I purchased an AP a couple weeks back with no issue. We can buy them at the gate, but aren't they a little more expensive? We are buying 6, so an extra $20 each is still a large amount of money, especially since we are paying $200 more than we would through UCT (they don't sale same day tickets anymore I guess because today is not an option). Is their payment system down on the website?

Hold on @DLgal - did you buy the special military tickets? Or just regular tickets from WDW?

No, this time I'm just going to buy standard WDW tickets through the website since we need more than 5 days and can't use the Salute offer. l have a few hundred dollars of Disney Visa rewards dollars to apply to the cost and the small savings buying them on base (like $100) isn't worth the hassle of doing so. I haven't bought anything yet. Waiting until closer to the trip.

Trying to buy tickets online before we head to the park, but it keeps saying to use a different payment method. I have tried with my debit card and three different
Disney gift cards and they all say the same thing. I purchased an AP a couple weeks back with no issue. We can buy them at the gate, but aren't they a little more expensive? We are buying 6, so an extra $20 each is still a large amount of money, especially since we are paying $200 more than we would through UCT (they don't sale same day tickets anymore I guess because today is not an option). Is their payment system down on the website?
I don’t know about Disney website. My card was declined on the attraction tickets website. Maybe this is not a good day to finalize Disney plans.

I have a trip scheduled the beginning of December and am wondering if there have been ticket discounts for that time in the past? I got excited when I saw the new Magic tickets for four days, one park per day then realized they were only good through September 🤪 I have been putting off park tickets and plane tickets hoping for a better deal but I don't know how long I should wait.

This may be a silly question but since they released tickets for 2024 yesterday, how long does it usually take before the discounted sites will have availability? I'm going Jan 2024 and would like to spend less on tickets if possible, even if just a few $.

I have a trip scheduled the beginning of December and am wondering if there have been ticket discounts for that time in the past?
December is such a popular time, I would not expect any special ticket deals through WDW at that time. You can save a little by purchasing through an authorized reseller.

Undercover Tourist had 2024 tickets yesterday.
I'll check them again. They were not available around noon pacific time. Thank you.

Edit they don't seem to allow you to pick a start date in 2024 yet so you can't purchase them so far.

edit 2: just went to the homepage and it does say 2024 tickets not yet available. Dang.

Last edited:
I'll check them again. They were not available around noon pacific time. Thank you.
Interesting... I priced tickets at 10am yesterday eastern time. The WDW website had a massive problem and took both tickets and resort reservations offline for several hours. I wonder if they eventually made the authorized resellers take them down as well. (When I priced on UT yesterday morning it was because WDW was down.)

I read somewhere here that UT and AAA have discounted 4 day 4 park Magic Tickets. Wouldn't another discount option be to buy Disney Gift Cards at Target with the red card and use them to get 5% off the price on Disney's website?

I read somewhere here that UT and AAA have discounted 4 day 4 park Magic Tickets. Wouldn't another discount option be to buy Disney Gift Cards at Target with the red card and use them to get 5% off the price on Disney's website?
Yes, we’ve done that.

Curious.
I purchased a 4 day hopper for my husband for Nov. 2023. He currently has an annual pass set to expire on Nov 20 th. I am now planning on renewing his annual pass. I called ticketing and they said as long as no park reservations are attached I can let them expire and the money will sit on my account. What I didn’t ask was can that money be used for anything else besides future tickets?
I would like to either use for future renewal of an annual pass or can the funds be used to purchase a vacation package or dining plan?

What I didn’t ask was can that money be used for anything else besides future tickets?
You should be able to apply the ticket to his AP renewal in the fall. Having theme park reservations doesn’t impact anything, other than those reservations will drop once you apply to his renewal. Ticket credits are for tickets and can’t be used towards other expenses.

My in-laws have about 4 days each left on old non-expiration tickets. My FIL has passed and my MIL hasn't shown any interest in going to WDW as she is older now and has a hard time getting around. We are still hoping she will go with us at some point. Years ago, they offered to us, but we always declined because they were THEIR tickets and we wanted to them to use them at that time I could "reassign" the tickets on MDE to someone else (which I thought was odd, but it was like that for years). Whatever the glitch was then, it was fixed because I can no longer re-assign them.

My question, what happens to no expiration tickets with the holder dies? I would love to reassign his days to her if she ever makes the trip with us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter