We don't use cell phones in our house . . . don't have them at all, in fact. We're planning a trip to EPCOT/HS in December, and I already have the tickets in my Disney account. How will I be able to use them without a phone?
Thanks!

We don't use cell phones in our house . . . don't have them at all, in fact. We're planning a trip to EPCOT/HS in December, and I already have the tickets in my Disney account. How will I be able to use them without a phone?
Thanks!
You will need either a physical tickets or purchase MagicBands. If staying at a Disney Resort, you can get Key to the World Cards from the front desk which will also work for park admission with your tickets already linked to MDE. The other option is to stop at either a Park Ticket Window or Guest Relations Location to get physical cards.

You will need either a physical tickets or purchase MagicBands. If staying at a Disney Resort, you can get Key to the World Cards from the front desk which will also work for park admission with your tickets already linked to MDE. The other option is to stop at either a Park Ticket Window or Guest Relations Location to get physical cards.
We're not staying at a Disney Resort, and it's a one-day hopper -- and we're not planning on riding rides. So, we don't want MagicBands. So, can I print physical tickets, or it sounds like going to the ticket window would be good to get a card, since they are hoppers?
Could I stop at Guest Relations at Disney Springs on the day before to get the physical cards? We will definitely be there.

Thank you! That will probably be the best for us, time wise, since we are planning a good bit of time at Disney Springs the day before we go to the park. :)
Diagonally across from GR at DS is the Official Ticket Center, which is another place you can get your ticket cards. Sometimes the line there is shorter than at GR, and/or if GR is very busy they may send you over there anyway.

Diagonally across from GR at DS is the Official Ticket Center, which is another place you can get your ticket cards. Sometimes the line there is shorter than at GR, and/or if GR is very busy they may send you over there anyway.
That's great! I remember noticing that place when we were there a few months ago. Thanks! We'll go over there then. So appreciate the help.

Just in case this info is of use to anyone, they are definitely still honouring ancient tickets when you go to guest relations.

While cleaning, I found a 4 day ticket from the very early 90’s with one day left unused, good for any of the three parks that existed at the time (no AK yet). At MK guest relations they happily put that one day onto a separate plastic card for me as a one day non-upgradable hopper, and didn’t require it to be added to my MDE, saying that I could use it myself at some point in the future (we have APs right now) or gift it to someone else. I was worried I’d have issues, since it was in my maiden name (been married for nearly 30 years) but other than the CM having to get his manager to walk him through the process since it was the first one he’d done, it went very smoothly without even a raised eyebrow.

So, yes, you should absolutely keep those ancient half-used tickets when you find them, and take them to guest relations for redemption.

If a child has an AP, are they able to use it for food and/or merchandise discounts? My niece is travelling with her dad to Disney next week and then with my sister in September, and they were trying to determine if an AP made sense. Her dad would not have an AP on their trip and we weren't sure if my niece would be able to use her AP (being a child) for merchandise and food discounts. I know the room discounts wouldn't apply, but I could not find anything that applied to merchandise etc.

Thanks!

First I'd price out the regular tickets for each trip. Unless she is going for 10+ days each time, it's highly unlikely the AP will be a better deal even with discounts. Child APs are priced the same as adult APs.

As to discounts - the free parking would apply but other discounts could be a case of YMMV. Technically I believe the AP-holder must pay, not just be present. Whether or not that gets enforced is questionable; I've read varying reports.

First I'd price out the regular tickets for each trip. Unless she is going for 10+ days each time, it's highly unlikely the AP will be a better deal even with discounts. Child APs are priced the same as adult APs.

As to discounts - the free parking would apply but other discounts could be a case of YMMV. Technically I believe the AP-holder must pay, not just be present. Whether or not that gets enforced is questionable; I've read varying reports.
Thank you for putting this in the right spot and the reply!

She will be going for 7 days in a few weeks, 11 days in September, 6-7 days in January with the possibility of squeezing in a 7-10 day trip in early June next year. All of these tickets would also have PH so the cost of the tickets would easily exceed the cost of the AP.

Website says daily passes start at $109 but won’t let me see specific prices for mid-August. Anyone know? Also… what is cost of child ticket? Thanks!

I went with my nieces and ate out a couple of times in which she paid. They honored my AP discount since I was eating with them.

@edman13 You have to select a date to see specific pricing. If looking at a 1-day ticket, which park also impacts the cost. Around mid-August, a 1-day ticket will be approx. $130-$150 depending on park (plus tax). A child's ticket is only about $5 less.

A multi-day ticket will not be that much per-day, especially if you get 5 days or more per ticket; the longer tickets are more discounted. Again, prices very much depend on date and length of ticket.

You should be able to price out any options here:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/admission/tickets/theme-parks/

I purchased MNSSHP tickets from Shades of Green for my family of 5. Can I link these tickets in MDE the same way I linked our park tickets?

And then, I don't need to show these plastic for entry, just use my phone or if we end up buying magic bands?

Thanks for your help

I purchased MNSSHP tickets from Shades of Green for my family of 5. Can I link these tickets in MDE the same way I linked our park tickets?

And then, I don't need to show these plastic for entry, just use my phone or if we end up buying magic bands?

Thanks for your help
Yes, MNSSHP tickets can be linked to MDE. You would be able to use MobileMagic to enter for the party as long as you use the designated party entrance at the MK.

I added the MNSSHP tickets for my family, linked them to each person. When I click on MY magic bands and cards in MDE, I can see the serial number of the ticket. When I click on My plans, tickets and memory maker, I can see our park tickets and MNSSHP listed. However, when I click on my plans, daily itinerary, the party does not show up.

1. Do I need to worry about it not be listed in the itinerary?
2. Is there a way to make it show up?

Thanks again for your help.

I added the MNSSHP tickets for my family, linked them to each person. When I click on MY magic bands and cards in MDE, I can see the serial number of the ticket. When I click on My plans, tickets and memory maker, I can see our park tickets and MNSSHP listed. However, when I click on my plans, daily itinerary, the party does not show up.

1. Do I need to worry about it not be listed in the itinerary?
2. Is there a way to make it show up?

Thanks again for your help.
If you go into the online version of MDE, there is a way to add a Note which will have it show up in your plans. That's the only way I'm aware it can happen at this time.

I purchased 6 day park hoppers from UT and was wondering if I am able to upgrade them into an annual pass? Also, if upgrading is possible, how do I know how much much credit I would get for the tickets when upgrading?

Thanks in advance for your help! 😊

Yes, you can upgrade tickets bought from UT. Definitely once you are at WDW, and you should be able to upgrade in advance though probably only by phone.

The credit value will be equal to what WDW sold the same ticket on the date you bought your existing tickets. If recent, you can probably just go to the WDW site and check. It gets tricky if WDW has adjusted prices -- like Dec. 2022 there was a price adjustment, and it's possible prices increased on certain 2023 dates when the 2024 tickets were released a couple of weeks ago (though I haven't read reports of any particularly noticeable increases like that).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter