Question about moving from Disney to Orlando?

DisneyMama811

🇨🇦 Disney Dreamin'
Hi all,
we have a trip planned for January, we are starting out at Disney then for the last few days of our trip moving to Dockside Inn at Universal, my question is since check out at our Disney Hotel is likely before we can check in to our Universal hotel, can we leave our luggage somewhere? bell services or something similar? we aren't renting a car so have no where to keep it.

Also - the day we check in we don't have park tickets, can we go look around City Walk? or do you need reservations for that? can we use our hotel pool before checking in? I haven't been to Universal since 2001 and I was a child at the time so I'm new to all this

Hi!

So my family and I did the reverse back in September.

My first question to you is are you doing Disney that day before Universal or no? Because if you are doing Disney, check the bags at bell services, go about your day and come back to the resort when you are finished to pick them up and then transfer to UOR.

Take Mears taxi to get from Disney to Universal. We did and it was excellent service as always.

Once you check in at Universal, if you cant go to your room you can also check your bags at bell services. City Walk is absolutely free to walk around in (highly recommend big fire or antojitos for dinner!) and much like Disney the hotels will have transportation to get you there. I am unsure about the pool, though I assume you can.

You’ll need to check in at Dockside before using the pool. Although we’ve never checked in really early, I believe check in is as early as 6 am.

Bell service will keep your luggage so you can go ahead and enjoy City Walk. When you get back though you will need to collect it yourself as they don’t offer Bell service to your room.

City Walk is comparable to Disney Springs, no reservation needed. Just hop on the Bus and enjoy your afternoon. Also if you want to use the resort boats at City Walk and ride to one of the deluxe hotels to check them out, grab dinner or just a treat, you are welcome to use the boats.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter