Question about Child TS Credits

PrncessA

Dis_Mom_
I couldn't find the answer by searching, so I hope it hasn't be answered before. We are thinking of doing an adults only signature dining meal while we put the kids in the YC kid's club. That means that we have one less TS credit than the children.

My question is...

Are all TS credits pooled together adult and children together. Or is there a difference between an adult TS credit and child TS credit? For example after DH and I use our 2 credits will our credits read for example as: 4 adult ts, 6 child ts or 10 ts credits?

TS credits are not pooled. They are specific to adults or children. Children's TS credits can only be used to order from the children's menu. Also, if you have 2 Adults, 2 Children on the dining plan you will only be able to order 2 Adult and 2 Children's meals at a time.

Note: signature restaurants are 2 credits per person so if you and your husband both use credits it will require 4 credits. If you share one meal between you then it will be 2 credits.

Thank you for the answer! Your right, I did the math wrong. It would have been 2 adult credits and 6 child credits left.

Yep, you'll be able to use those credits only to order from the children's menus.

I was wondering, since that means that DH and I will need to pay OOP for 1-2 TS meals, (depending on whether we do signature or not) while the children use their credits. If they were all pooled then it wouldn't matter, we would just have less meals left.

Thank you for all of the help. :)

I was wondering, since that means that DH and I will need to pay OOP for 1-2 TS meals, (depending on whether we do signature or not) while the children use their credits. If they were all pooled then it wouldn't matter, we would just have less meals left.

Thank you for all of the help. :)

If your plan is to do one signature meal together without the kids, while they're in the kids' club, just plan on paying that one OOP.

Then your family's credit balance will stay even.

The cost of what you get with regular DDP at a signature restaurant, that is, one entree and dessert and non-alcoholic beverage apiece, is not really worth the two meals each paid oop to generate your "extra" credits. Wine, appetizers/salads, extras like that on your date night would have to be paid out of pocket anyway, as will all gratuities, so you're looking at an average cost of about $55-60 per person (entree, tea, dessert, tax) to avoid using credits on the signature meal (it will cost more than that to eat signature if you order wine, cocktails, add-ons like lobster tails, etc, but those costs would be paid oop in either case).

Unless the two you plan on paying for oop for you and hubby while the kids use credits would be breakfasts, you're probably going to end up ahead by paying oop for the signature.

Plus, unless you had already decided which Disney signature you wanted - you could explore bluezoo or Shula's for date night if you're going off the plan anyway...

If your plan is to do one signature meal together without the kids, while they're in the kids' club, just plan on paying that one OOP.

Then your family's credit balance will stay even.

The cost of what you get with regular DDP at a signature restaurant, that is, one entree and dessert and non-alcoholic beverage apiece, is not really worth the two meals each paid oop to generate your "extra" credits. Wine, appetizers/salads, extras like that on your date night would have to be paid out of pocket anyway, as will all gratuities, so you're looking at an average cost of about $55-60 per person (entree, tea, dessert, tax) to avoid using credits on the signature meal (it will cost more than that to eat signature if you order wine, cocktails, add-ons like lobster tails, etc, but those costs would be paid oop in either case).

Unless the two you plan on paying for oop for you and hubby while the kids use credits would be breakfasts, you're probably going to end up ahead by paying oop for the signature.

Plus, unless you had already decided which Disney signature you wanted - you could explore bluezoo or Shula's for date night if you're going off the plan anyway...

That might be what we do. I would love to explore new places! It is so hard to decide where to eat, it is so tempting to get the DxDDP and try more, but we don't want to be strapped to a dining table for the entire trip.

You can also convert your child TS to a child QS if needed. Value wise, a TS (character meal excluded) is only ~$2 more than a QS so I didn't feel like it was much of a "waste". With a QA there's be quite a disparity so I'd look into whether it was worth using credits for the signature meal. For me, ds4 wasn't too hungry at a meal so we didn't order him his own meal and he just picked from us so I was left with 1 extra child TS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter