Question about cancelling/changing ADRs?

Suzabelle

Mouseketeer
I understand there is a 10 dollar cancellation fee if you don't cancel within 24 hours. My questions is can you change the restaurant within 24 hours and avoid the cancellation fee?

If I have reservations for say Cape May Cafe, but don't feel like a buffet and my reservation is for this evening, can I switch it to another restaurant without penalty?

Thanks,

Suzabelle:flower1:

I would give them a call and talk to a CM. I accidentally made a reservation a few weeks back for THAT day instead of my trip in April and didn't catch it until a few hours later. I called and explained the situation and they changed it without charge.

Agreed. Best shot is to talk to a CM .... the fee can always be waived .... if they do it is another story.

Brian

Thank you. Do I talk to the CM at the new restaurant or the one I'm cancelling. Been tons of times, but the switching not so much. Not even sure if we'd do it, but just wondering if we weren't up to eating at a certain place and wanted to change our minds. Too much OCD to leave it to chance either.

Call the disney dining number and when it asks what restaurant say "I don't know" so that you can speak to a person. Then explain the situation to them.

I understand there is a 10 dollar cancellation fee if you don't cancel within 24 hours. My questions is can you change the restaurant within 24 hours and avoid the cancellation fee?

If I have reservations for say Cape May Cafe, but don't feel like a buffet and my reservation is for this evening, can I switch it to another restaurant without penalty?

Thanks,

Suzabelle:flower1:

You could modify your Cape May reservation to a different day in the future, then since it's not within the one day period you can cancel it. I've done this a few times when we decided we didn't want to go to our ADR that day.

Then just make your reservation for the other restaurant.

You could modify your Cape May reservation to a different day in the future, then since it's not within the one day period you can cancel it. I've done this a few times when we decided we didn't want to go to our ADR that day.

Then just make your reservation for the other restaurant.

This. Just move it later (like 6 months out, you can get frustrating searching for something close by) and then cancel it entirely and book something new from the app. I think the app was giving me trouble when I tried to book something new to replace existing day of... it told me to call. if you, like me, loathe dealing with people on the phone and would rather just do it yourself, try that method. it works!

Great advice. I will try to move it to another day, then cancel it. Good to know.

Thanks so much for the feedback!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter