• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question about 2011 dining plan?

loganpaulsmom

DIS Veteran
I have been looking over lots of threads recently about the dining plan.. The only time I have used it was 2 years ago and I was DDXP ad received a refillable mug.. this time in May we are on just DDP but I have been looking through all the info and it says QS gets a refillable and DDXP gets one but nothing for DDP.. Am I missing something?

No, you aren't. For some reason the basic plan does not include the mug, while both the deluxe and quick service plans do.

That makes absolutely No sense.. I am paying more with regular dining that quick service but now I have to buy my own mug?? argghhh.. that is irritating!

When the dining plan started, what we now know as the regular plan was the only plan available, and didn't include a mug.

It still doesn't have a mug as Disney has not seen any incentive to include one. It is still by far the most popular dining plan even without the mug.

I get DxDP when I go, and I've never really used the mug. We picked one up once because it was late and we wanted a drink (without using a snack credit), and not once did we refill it. It just sat in our room the rest of the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter