Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

@lynxstch, I loved that picture! Sorry you are still not sleeping well.

@tazdev3225, :bday: to LJ. - The years really do fly! I'm so sorry about your friend. :hug:

Quite the day here. I woke up this morning to the house being 50 degrees. :cold:

I turned on the gas fireplace (Thank goodness we have that!) and we survived the morning. The HVAC guys just left, and it was thankfully an easy fix (though $211 for a weekend service call).

Nothing like everything going at once, huh? (See my dryer thread.:rotfl2:)
https://www.disboards.com/forums/community-board.33/
I have 3 portable heaters. I don't regularly use any of them because my heat works fine. I bought a dish style quite a few years ago when we were doing some reno and the room they were working in was cold due to the opening of doors. When my furnace went out, my friend had the dish and I went and got a new stand and roll around style. Then I was left with one from my job that was almost new that I forgot about. Friend also returned the dish one. So now there are three in the basement all almost new in their boxes, so if we lived close I would have happily loaned out to you!

I think the GE is a great choice for your dryer. I have the newer Speed Queens and also the old GE which still works just fine. My SQ's are the touch pad models and so far so good. The warranty was/is 7 years on those when I bought them. Still working. Couple years left on the warranties. We will see as time goes on.

Continuing :dogdance:Toto prayers, Pea. I'm glad you treated yourself to some at home extra care with the mani/pedi. Enjoy your dinner!

Judique, good to see a post ftom you:hug:Please do be careful using a portable heater. I hope you are also having a good evening.
Yes, I'm here at Disney and checked in at Boardwalk Villas today. I was lucky and got my room just after lunch and in the area I wanted even though I put no requests in.

I spent two nights at Residence Inn at Flamingo Crossings Town Center. It's very convenient to Disney via Western Way. Now I'm at BWV and will do some hopping around to Riviera Resort and then to AK Jambo for my last night. Since I am traveling alone this is fairly easy, but I would never recommend so many different hotels for a family or group.

I haven't made any park reservations but I may go into a park tomorrow or the next day. I'll figure it out when I wake up tomorrow after my coffee. I have no expiration tickets from before they stopped selling them so I've got flexibility to do what I like.

It was up to 80 degrees earlier but as soon as it got dark it got cool out quickly. It's supposed to be warmer through this week so I will enjoy that warmth. I might just sit and soak up the sun a bit. I also seem to have created a load of laundry I have to get done. Maybe I'll take it to the laundry room later, but I have to go get my detergent from the car.

ey never got married legally, but he calls her his wife anyhow, I guess common law applies?

Not unless they became married common law in another state. Maryland doesn't have it but will recognize a common law couple from another state, such as District of Columbia. I've seen a few cases while dabbling in real estate for a decade or so.

And of course, there were conditions to creating a common law marriage. There usually had to be an intention by both parties to do so. It can get a bit complicated in the legal sense for property ownership and inheriting from one another. I'm guessing they are not a common law couple since they maintain separate residences.

Yes, I'm here at Disney and checked in at Boardwalk Villas today. I was lucky and got my room just after lunch and in the area I wanted even though I put no requests in.

I spent two nights at Residence Inn at Flamingo Crossings Town Center. It's very convenient to Disney via Western Way. Now I'm at BWV and will do some hopping around to Riviera Resort and then to AK Jambo for my last night. Since I am traveling alone this is fairly easy, but I would never recommend so many different hotels for a family or group.

I haven't made any park reservations but I may go into a park tomorrow or the next day. I'll figure it out when I wake up tomorrow after my coffee. I have no expiration tickets from before they stopped selling them so I've got flexibility to do what I like.

It was up to 80 degrees earlier but as soon as it got dark it got cool out quickly. It's supposed to be warmer through this week so I will enjoy that warmth. I might just sit and soak up the sun a bit. I also seem to have created a load of laundry I have to get done. Maybe I'll take it to the laundry room later, but I have to go get my detergent from the car.
Enjoy your Disney time, @Judique! How was your stay at the Residence Inn, and how did you like the Flamingo Crossing area? We stayed for one night at the Hyatt Place Lake Buena Vista in Dec because we got in very late. We really liked it, and I like that area (grocery store and restaurants aplenty). There is also a fairly new Residence Inn there that I had booked at one time a few years back (when my mother traveled with us) but wound up changing it. (We’ve stayed at others, they are pet friendly and Toto has stayed with us when we did sports travel.)

It is nice to know about these resorts that are so close to Disney, but cost a lot less and have more space. The Hyatt room had two queen beds plus another area with a sectional that opened up to a full size sleeper. Nice for bigger families. (DS loved it.) They also had a HUGE breakfast in the morning included in the price (which we didn’t eat because we were going to Boma for breakfast, but we did get coffee and check it out), and a bar that was open late as well as good snacks that could be bought at the front desk 24/7.

(Someone else’s photos)

1675039366306.jpeg

Hyatt-Place-Orlando-Lake-Buena-Vista-P034-Standard-Queen.16x9.jpg

Just a quick hello but I need to ask for prayers for a friend
Prayers lifted up!
I have said it a thousand times and I will say it a thousand more, there definitely needs to be more guidance when they put the word "flexible" in a temporary order.
Your attorney should be able to give you a little guidance on that. Maybe the word "co-parenting" could be used in it's place.
Just a thought - have the instances of you being flexible and acquiescing to HIS requests been documented? AS in - are there texts or emails backing this up? If so - you should give him a taste of his own medicine - if it's documented and he refuses your request for flexibility on YOUR behalf then that will make him look rather unyielding and selfish in front of the judge.
This is a good idea. DD has been doing this for five years. She has thousands of pages of texts and emails.

DD's ex did not come in this weekend. Said his flight was first delayed and then canceled. He asked if DD would trade another weekend with him and she said no. This weekend was already a trade from earlier in the month. We're pretty positive that he was not coming anyway. He was here last weekend and next weekend is also his regulary scheduled one so coming here three weekends in a row is highly unlikely. Plus, he has tried to trade a weekend when he wasn't coming anyway if that makes sense.

DD has mediation on March 13th the Monday after Spring Break. It was too much to hope that it would be during her Spring Break so that she would not have to take off of work. We know her ex picked that date since she said that while any of the suggested dates by the mediator were fine, March 6th would be best for her because of Spring Break.

We're under a storm watch until Wednesday. It lightly rained on and off all day, the temperature is supposed to hover at freezing overnight. I hope that the roads are not too icy in the morning for DD and Lil Joe going to school.

DH had a try at making chicken noodle soup today. He did a pretty good job. I have six bags in the freezer with two cups each to eat later. I think that his eyes were bigger than his stomach!

Good morning. It is not too bad here, 39 degrees. It will be good for walking.

@Judique Have a great time at Disney. I love the Boardwalk area. It is nice to be able to plan what park that day instead of having to play way ahead.

@TazDev Hope you are feeling better.

@Pea-n-Me Glad Toto is back to his sweet self. Allergies and especially skin allergies are so bothersome. Terriers seem to be prone to the skin issues. Grady seems to be feeling at home with you.

The Ecotarium was really nice. It is a small science museum which is just right for my grandkids and their age. They had fun. Kenny and I talked about planning a few nights in NH this summer to go to Santa's Village and another day maybe driving up Mt. Washington. Jeff and family are going to Disney so they probably won't come with us. Kenny would really like me to come and live with him for a while but I feel that I need my own place. I will take advantage of living near him and make dinners for him and eat with him and the kids as well as maybe spend some nights there when he has the kids. It would kind be the best of both, having my own space and being able to have company when I am especially lonely.

Off to work. I also have to call the plumber. My shower keeps going cold after a few minutes and then it comes back after I turn the handle off and on a couple of times. The handle is loose so I think it needs to be replaced. All the other sinks and the other tub have hot water just fine. It is just the shower stall shower.

Have a good day.

Good morning, all.

Finally got the Christmas tree (artificial) down and put away yesterday. My living room looks bigger. 😆

We also did some decluttering in the laundry room, as DH's friend is going to replace the vinyl tiles on the floor while the dryer isn't there and he can move things around easily.

Today I have a few little projects to do and then a Zoom class at 1:00. After that, I need to pick up my vacuum from its yearly service, and maybe stop at the library.

Good morning!

We got home last night. Had a great trip. Drive south and back north uneventful. Miami is a little too urban for me but we enjoyed walking and seeing Miami Beach, and eating in Little Havana.

Returning to cruising was wonderful. So good in fact that we booked a cruise for January 2024. We loved our aft balcony junior suite. Walked a lot in Key West enjoying the Butterfly Conservancy and Food Tour. Labadee was a beach day.

Drove home by way of Sanibel where the devastation. Also stopped in Clearwater to check out beaches there.

At the Butterfly Conservancy. Hard to show how many butterflies there were.
AF4213D1-6FE4-4220-A702-7465B8D6294C.jpeg

Enjoying the cruise.

19FCEB8C-F949-46DA-B446-1E2C4C074DD4.jpeg

From our balcony.

4425346F-FD33-4F46-9B5A-645F0DB6207B.jpeg

Not going to even try to catch up. Hope all are well.

Welcome to another week. Going to be 55 today and dropping down after that.

@Breezy_Carol Great pictures, looks like you had a fun, relaxing time.

Not happy with the outcome of either playoff game yesterday. I so wanted the Bengals to make it to the Super Bowl, it just wasn't meant to be. I may skip the Super Bowl, since there isn't anyone I want to root for, and the half time show with Rhianna isn't my cup of tea. I also don't care for Chris Stapleton, and he's the one doing the National Anthem. I can always watch the commercials on You Tube after the game.

Don has his 6 month check up with the cardiologist this afternoon. I hope we aren't there for hours. This is the only Dr. I know of, who actually sits and types out all the notes immediately afterwards, leaving patients sitting in the waiting room for them. Last time we were sitting there for 45 minutes.

Have a nice morning, I'll try and check back in later

Today's picture is a blast from the past one!

8dd5c511a24a9e9910d0fbf6b63cce5f.jpg

Drove home by way of Sanibel where the devastation.
How was it? We are driving down on Saturday, taking some stuff down to the house, and it will be our first time back since the Hurricane.

Good morning everyone, hope you all had a good weekend. Not a lot happening here. Sitting thru a few jobsite Teams meetings, the next one is about to start, so I better pay attention!

Not a good start to the week, I can't even muster a good morning.😞

Not happy with the outcome of either playoff game yesterday. I so wanted the Bengals to make it to the Super Bowl, it just wasn't meant to be.
I'm right there with you! I'm sure the NFL is happy that at least one of teams that they wanted in the Super Bow won. I mean, seriously, who's ever seen a ref give a team a "do-over" on a 4th down? 🤬

Just working from home today, I have a hair appointment afterwards. I guess I'll just get a trim, I colored my hair the other day.💇‍♀️

Probably swing by Chipotle and grab dinner 🌮. Grocery trip won't be until the end of the week so I don't have anything to meal prep for lunches this week. Looks like it will be soup for a few days.

I got Mia's Easter basket in the mail the other day. It's a pink bunny head with her name sewn in one of the ears.🐰

Have a good day! :wave:

Not happy with the outcome of either playoff game yesterday.
I was glad the Eagles won. I can cheer for them.

How was it?
I see I didn't even finish my sentence. It looked like a bomb was dropped. They won't be back anytime soon. It was drivable though. Streets were open. So much trash piled on the side. Jerry's was open but Baileys will need to be torn down.

263CCF9F-D511-40B9-84F6-7911B6CF89C0.jpeg
Did your son get married while I was gone?

We loved our aft balcony junior suite.
Did you feel much motion from that area of the ship/motion from the ship as a whole? I've been leery of going on a cruise because I get motion sick very easily. For instance, when I'm with a group like my book club, I try to sit at the end of the group where I can see everyone. Sitting in the middle of the group and moving my head back and forth from one side to the other makes me nauseous. I'm could probably handle being outside on the deck but not walking down the hallways.

We're expecting rain/sleet later today. People took advantage of the weather storm watch and did not go to work. Driving in the metroplex was fine this morning but will be hazardous tonight. DS went to get his lab work done and most of his hematologist's office staff did not show. He had a heck of a time getting it done. Fortunately his numbers were good enough not to have to have a blood transfusion.

Happy Monday everyone from cold but dry LA,

We were so grateful extra to God that while it 🌧️last night, our apartment stayed dry! What a blessing indeed and, of course, to have shelter period. Thanks to the kindness of a Walmart customer service person a few weeks ago when she gave me a $15 free code to get my dad something special for his birthday, dad did just that this morning. He got himself on Walmart a yellow (🐥approved. One day God willing when I can go shopping at a store, you all know I will get myself something yellow in clothing) sweatshirt+ a classical music book he wanted on Amazon. I have been saving money to be able to make a Food Pantry and Ministry in the park donation which I was able to do today as well.

Many continuing 🙏for your DD, Kirby and those precious grandkids of yours, too! I hope you enjoy some tasty warm soup later!

I'm so glad you and your family had fun at the Ecotarium, Snowysmom. I would enjoy visiting a :santa:village type place especially over the summer when it would be warmer. :grouphug:that does sound perfect to be close enough to your son and grandkids for easy sleepovers and visits yet still having your own space. Continuing new home prayers, my friend.

PollyannaMom, with all the fun talk about favorite books 📚a trip to the library sounds even more appealing to me. Enjoy getting some new good books! I hope your Zoom class goes well, too.

Welcome 🏠Carol! Beautiful pictures! You and Jack look so happy:grouphug:I'm so glad you got to take and enjoy this trip!

I'm sorry about the disappointing 🏈games, Lynn. 🙏big time for Don later today!
Easyas, prayers your meetings go well. :cheer2:to your son! Congratulations to him and his fiancee!

Footballmouse, baby Mia's Easter 🧺 does sound so cute!

ETA: Dad just called to say he's on his way home from his appointment with his eye doctor in Burbank. Thank you all for your extra🙏Thanks to God, dad, shared his eye doctor was very pleased with his eyes. We are so grateful.

Have a good day everyone. I will check back in later.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter