Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

It took forever for Don's appt, but at least all went well. But I feel like charging them for our time. His appt was for 11:30. It was almost 12 when they took us back. Then the Dr comes in, but he was in the wrong room. So we had to wait another 30 minutes for him to come in. We finish, and he says to go to the waiting room while he fills out notes. That took another 45 minutes. They came out with the papers and I questioned the change in his Amiodarone. They put 400 once a day instead of 200 2x a day. Well, the difference in cost with our insurance is ..$437 for 400 and $45 for 200. He increased the dosage on 3 others. They called them all into the pharmacy, including the ones we get from the actual drug company. I came home to find a message from the pharmacist, asking if we wanted the 400 filled. I said no, it's supposed to be 200. He said he would change it. I told him the 3 others that we didn't need (since they had already filled them in the 20 minutes it took us to get home) and I told him we'd pick them all up on Wed. That will take care of almost 50% of his part D deductible for the year.

Then they give him an appt for an echo next Monday. Problem is, the note says to do it 2-3 days before his next appt which is in May. I had to call them back and have her call scheduling and change it. No one can do their jobs straight I swear!

It's sunny and 58 degrees outside! Summer is in Morgantown for her next MRI, hopefully, she gets better results this time.

Have a good afternoon all

@lynxstch Glad Don's appt went well. But, that took alot of time. I wish doctors would be more on schedule.

Carol Glad you had a nice cruise.

It is a bit warmer today, near 50. My walks were very nice. I have been doing a bit more packing up and actually have some empty drawers in my dressers. I am packing up summer stuff to bring to Kenny's. I am still debating having the moving company pack up the kitchen and laundry room and a couple of closets or just do it myself slowly over time. The kids say let the movers do it but I think I have the time to do it. Decisions! Not good at them.

Have a good evening.

:grouphug:Lynn. I'm just so thankful you and Don are safely home. What a doctor ordeal though! :scared1:prices of the prescription. I'm so sorry they are so expensive. Sometimes doctors along with the rest of us indeed need to slow down. With a healthcare provider especially, you care and time needs to be truly valued! Just forever know, all of us sure appreciate dear you! Have a much more relaxing rest of the day.

Snowysom, I agree with your kids to let the movers do the work! I do understand your preferring to do some packing yourself. Please just take care and absolutely have anything heavy done for you!

It is 5 degrees out right now, wind chill advisories out for tonight. We got about 6 inches of snow on Saturday. Yesterday I took the tractor with snowblower out for the first time. Kris always did the blowing. It’s not pretty but it’s done. I’m certain anyone watching me would have had quite a chuckle. I did go out for a few minutes to pay the property taxes today.

Grief is so hard, the tears come without warning and often. I am so lonely. I dread everyday. My son had Covid last week so he didn’t come over. Luckily I have not had any symptoms but I stayed home all week long just in case.
Prayers to all who are struggling

Proud of you, PollyannaMom. How awesome to try something new. I hope you continue to enjoy the class.

:grouphug:Dazed. Sending you extra love and prayers, as well.

I just spoke with a friend of mine who lives in an Assisted Living Facility. She shared some sad news about another resident who lived there. Reminder to each of you that each of you sure matter and are appreciated by me! I sincerely do thank God always for making and keeping us a Quacker Family.

No mail or packages here yet. All is quiet. Dad, I'm grateful, is resting. It's 3:09pm here yet feels a whole lot later. Have a good rest of the afternoon AuntieMe3 and Luckyrabbit. Everyone else, prayers your evening is going well.

It is 5 degrees out right now, wind chill advisories out for tonight. We got about 6 inches of snow on Saturday. Yesterday I took the tractor with snowblower out for the first time. Kris always did the blowing. It’s not pretty but it’s done. I’m certain anyone watching me would have had quite a chuckle. I did go out for a few minutes to pay the property taxes today.

Grief is so hard, the tears come without warning and often. I am so lonely. I dread everyday. My son had Covid last week so he didn’t come over. Luckily I have not had any symptoms but I stayed home all week long just in case.
Prayers to all who are struggling
:hug:

Summer did not make out well at the MRI today. She has anterolisthesis at a level 3 with 4 being the worst. And it says she has ovarian cysts which she didn't know it would show. Also degenerative enlargement of the facet joints and disc degenerative desiccation and bulging.

They have her on more meds for a rheumatoid arthritis flare-up. Now she has to see a foot doctor. She had to buy shoes 2 sizes bigger because the bones are more deformed than just a couple of months ago.

She called the spinal institute place today to let them know she completed the MRI, they told her the surgeon would look over it and if he feels there is something that he can do then a nurse will call her

How on earth could all of this be happening at the same time? :(

:hug:Lynn and huge🙏all-around for Summer. From across the country, I feel just terrible for her and, of course, for you and Don who love her. So sad. Thinking extra of dear you. Mail sometimes just doesn't make sense. Grateful truly when anything comes!

Wishing all of you a cozy good night's sleep. Sweet Dreams.

Sending prayers for Summer. Could all this be part of a syndrome of some type? It just seems strange all this is happening at the same time.

Thoughts and prayers for all who are in need. :grouphug:

It is in the thirties today. I have to go into the office today instead of Thursday. I go in tomorrow too for a 2 our company meeting that I do not have time for. I have been really stressed about Kenny and being able to keep the house. It isn't looking good as ex is challenging the appraisal wanting more money. It is keeping me up at night. I so want the grandkids to have that house to go to as they love being there. It is the only house they have known and need familiarity in their lives. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Have a good day.

Good Tuesday morning.☃️

Snowed over night but I went ahead and came into work. Most schools were on a 2 hr. delay. I didn't want my boss to say "hey, since you worked from home Tuesday, can you come in on Friday", I'm watching Mia Friday afternoon since I work from home so that's the main reason I came in. Roads weren't too bad until you got to the area where all the hospitals are located, took me forever to get up the hill.:car:

Haircut went well. I decided to just get a trim. I stopped at TJ Maxx afterwards and just wanted to check to see if they still had the plates that I bought from another location. They didn't but I found quite a few other things I liked 😏. A couple of new blouses for work, 2 sleepers for Mia, a fancy olive oil jar w/spout, an avocado peeler/slicer and an organizational container that I wanted for my kitchen drawer. The guy forgot to ring that up and I wasn't going to wait for him to do it and then have to pay again so I told him to forget it. I might stop back over the weekend, I really need to measure the height of the drawer to make sure they weren't too tall.🤔

Easyas - Congratulations on your son's engagement!🥂

Have a great day! :wave:

Lynn….so sorry to hear about Summer. Do they think all these things are related somehow, some under lying cause?
They have no clue if these are all related, as she's not getting much information from anyone . They keep doing all these tests, but not a reason why. She said last night that she's literally falling apart from head to toe, but that she's not giving up, at least not yet. All she wants is some relief from all of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter