Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

That's so hard, I'm sorry you guys had to go thru it, it's never a easy decision.
Thankfully, neither of us cares if we don't ride every ride and as for me, I've spent many trips with no plans, just doing whatever I feel like in the moment.
That's how we've always approached our trips to WDW, too.

Good morning everyone. Another rainy day in Paradise, although the next several days look good, and warmer in the mid 70's & sunny. Can't complain about that! I ordered a few items for our upcoming trip off of Amazon this morning. This weekend we will go thru our clothes and figure out if we need anything in particular. I already know I need new jeans/pants and my husband needs shoes.

Not sure what's for dinner this evening.

Good Morning friends,

Told dad a little while ago that even though it's very early still here (just after 8am now) it already feels so much later. Autumn must be in the air 🍁 Grateful dad is staying home today. Doctor appointment 🙏please for him tomorrow. Thank you all so much always. We still have three Hallmark movies to watch. Maybe we'll finally start one today. May each of you watch something fun today, too.

Extra hug :grouphug: AuntieMe3. Thinking of you, my friend.

Snowymsom 🕊️, indeed, please take Bobbiwoz’s kind and wise words and have a good day, too. Bobbiwoz, you please do the same! :hug:

:tigger:Hooray that you enjoyed a nice lunch with a friend, Judqiue, and a treat, as well! Brought me a smile to read. Dad used to really like root beer floats. A fun memory I have of them not dad related, though had he lived in the same town as I did at the time, he absolutely would have been invited, was at a school age program I directed one summer. Surprised the kids on a warmer afternoon with root beer floats which they enjoyed a lot. A relaxed Disney trip with a friend sounds like a lot of fun. Prayers that it will be for you both! I almost forgot to say ITA agree that those blessed with dogs need to be recognize that and take care of them much like all of you, dear Quackers, with :dogdance:, do!

It is always good to hear from you, B&B, thank you for checking in and your kind words. All God. Grateful extra that He has allowed me to brighten your day a bit. You are special to me. PM me if ever you want to say a more personal hi. I think your PM settings may not allow for me to PM you yet? 🙏to you and your DH and all you know in FL that is for sure. Thank you for your kind care and donations. Please come to CA after Covid is over so we can meet. I would love that.

:thanks: for being a caring niece, Footballmouse! I am sure Evan and Bailey will appreciate your thoughtful gift!
Now that report brings me cheer :donald: too, Lynn. About time you got some extra rest! I truly hope you and Don get your new TV up and running with some fun shows or movies on it very soon! Amen to your Rainbow Bridge words.

70’s :sunny: sounds just lovely, Easyas! Enjoy and have fun trip preparing, too!

:wave:good morning also to Pea, PollyannaMom, Frog, Kirby, Dazed, Canadisney Fly, (prayers you are okay. We miss you), and all other Quackers who haven't yet posted this morning. Wishing all of my dear Quacker family a good Wednesday. I'll check back in later.

:grouphug:Pea. I "liked" your post for the testing negative part! Continuing prayer!

Dad and I are trying to find a new Address Book similar to this one in size with a different design! No cactus' please. We are wanting the alphabet letter tabs that stick out the way this one does. We have Coinstar credit on Amazon right now and would like to use part of it towards this. Thank you, friends!

Home from errands and shopping. Hit CVS first, good thing I did while they were quiet. Update on those free Covid tests for Medicare. All you have to do is ask the pharmacist staff, tell them how many you need (you are allowed 8 per calendar month for each person on Medicare). They advised not to get too many at one time, because of the expiration dates on them. You can get like 2 now, and another 2 next week, until you hit the 8 per month. I don't know anyone who could even use that many, lol. I got 4 of them, and told her next time I call in a prescription, I will request more, so they can have them ready. It held me up for ever.

Got to Martins, Coke products are b2g1 free. Signs all say save $7.99 on 3. That would make the price for each to be $.799 , by my math. Got up to the Uscan and scanned everything..and called the girl over. I said if Coke is $7.99 per shelf sign and sale sign, why was I charge $8.69 for each one? She had no clue, had to go find a manager. He voided my sale and rang them in at $7.99. Said well it's only Wednesday, sale started Friday, you think someone would have noticed and fixed it by now..so he left to go fix it in the computers. Hey, with the high prices, every cent I save counts

BTW,,Aldi's butter was $2.87 last time I bought it (about a month ago). It's now $3.87 a lb!

Walmart wasn't that busy,got right through an empty U Scan and got out of there. Just have to scan everything into my phone now and put it away. We go from sun to clouds, and it's 63. I am going to wash the car after I finish groceries. Will save mowing for tomorrow when it's 73, and we will either set up the tv after that..or on Friday

Busy morning.

Had a haircut today. I went back to a stylist I went to pre-COVID who never came back to the salon but opened a small studio (just her) in her home. She does such a nice job and gives me a lot of information and suggestions. It is a little farther away but significantly less expensive. I think I'll go there as long as I can.

After that, got gas, grocery shopped, and stopped at Bath and Body Works. Home for lunch now just hanging out.

Today was the fifth day of high winds and rain.
I think I heard on the news this morning that it was our sixth straight day of rain. It is miserable out.
we had to say goodbye to our Buddy this morning
:hug: I know how hard that is. We have been dog-less since early 2020 after having a dog or dogs since 1982. That last day is so hard. I remember reading that one terrible day is worth the thousands of good days.
it needs to be in the low 60s in the house before I'll breakdown and do it.
It hit 62 in the house and we turned it on.
Hey, you can't just slip something like that into your post!
I thought the same. I don't plan on getting a tattoo but that is nice.

Survivor and Amazing Race tonight. Don't think I'll be watching The New Love Boat.

Also never watched the Bachelor or really The Love Boat. I do remember as a very young kid thinking (this was in passing glimpses of a relative watching the show) thinking one of the characters (not sure for sure who now) seemed kind. Otherwise, I had no interest in it. So glad you were able to return to your hair stylist, Carol and still like her.

Dad is happy because the Dodgers won their final regular season game giving them a record high of 111 wins this ⚾ season! I'm no longer a big fan but of course, am glad that the team is doing so well and that it makes dad happy, too :)

Wishing everyone a good evening.

New tv is out of the box. Stand is put together. Tomorrow we take the old tv down and move it to the bedroom and replace the 24" one I have in there. Have to get the old dvd player out of the cabinet and put the new one in. Then the guy next door said just come and get him and he will help me get the new one up on the cabinet and put the safely straps on it for me. Don (Mr L) can't do any of that stuff anymore. HIs fingers don't even work right and he would end up dropping it. My back is killing me from bending over putting the stand together and getting it attached to the tv,,so it will be a hot bath, icy hot, tylenol pm and bed after Survivor
Have a nice evening all

Hello fellow Quackers. Just popping in for quick hello, since it has been awhile.
I have tried to keep up with reading the thread, but admit, I am kind of far behind.

@footballmouse Hope all went well with getting your tattoo and it wasn't too painful. Is this your first?

@AuntieMe3 So very sorry to hear about your dog. Those are the hardest choices we have to make. It sounds like you knew it was his time and you did the right thing for him. Makes it no less painful for you of course.

@Kirby Glad to hear your daughter is feeling better about the breakup.

I don't have much to report from my neck of the woods. We have had wonderful fall weather the last few days. I can't really remember a year in recent history where we've had so many nice days in a row. I hope we don't end up "paying" for it when winter hits.

The kids were with their dad this past weekend. Things with my oldest and him did not go well...per usual. He finally got so fed up with her "attitude" that he brought her home early on Sunday. Then he texted me and tried to tell me to tell her how she needs to act when she is over there. I really wanted to tell him it's not my problem and that when she is there it's his time and his issue. I chose though to just not respond. The other kids came home and were pretty ok mood wise, so that was good. They are supposed to be home any minute now (actually 5 minutes late as I type) from their 2 hour weekly visit. My oldest son said his dad had been texting him since after school telling him he (my son) needs to tell me he (my son) wants to go over there this Saturday...it's my weekend to have them. My oldest already has plans for the day, but soon to be former husband (FH) can be really manipulative, so I have when they get home my son hasn't given in and said he will go. UGH.

I met with my attorney last week and she is afraid this will drag out until we almost make it to our court date, and then they will decide to settle. She said this is how FHs attorney works. So, what "joy", another 6 months of walking on egg shells and feeling like my every move is being watched and recorded. And 6 more months of mystery for my oldest daughter and most likely oldest son.

I had smoke/heat detectors and a carbon monoxide detector installed last night. There is a company here that sells them and installs them for you. They are really pricey, but so worth it. The batteries don't have be changed for 10 years and if one goes bad they replace them all for you if there is any question they also might be faulty. They also can be linked to your phone so you can check them and your water heater. I didn't get all the bells and whistles just yet as they are so pricey. I do have the minimum of what the guy recommend though to feel like we will be safe/alerted in case of a fire. I had them at my former house and they did live up to their word on replacement if they go fail. Once they replaced all the units and once they replaced 2, free of charge.

My work is going fine. It's really a very easy job and I'm glad I can go do it and "leave" it there so to speak.

Don't know much else. My oldest son has an orthodontist appointment tomorrow and I'm sure he will get a firm talking to about his bad habits and how he's got several broken brackets. I have gotten on him some, but think it will have more impact coming from the Dr. herself. We shall see.

Sending thoughts and prayers to all who need them.

Home from errands and shopping. Hit CVS first, good thing I did while they were quiet. Update on those free Covid tests for Medicare. All you have to do is ask the pharmacist staff, tell them how many you need (you are allowed 8 per calendar month for each person on Medicare). They advised not to get too many at one time, because of the expiration dates on them. You can get like 2 now, and another 2 next week, until you hit the 8 per month. I don't know anyone who could even use that many, lol. I got 4 of them, and told her next time I call in a prescription, I will request more, so they can have them ready. It held me up for ever.
Good to know about the home tests. We were officially on Medicare last Saturday.

@frog3101 - I'm glad you chose not to answer your ex about your oldest daughter. Their relationship is on him. And as for your oldest son, your ex doesn't get him on your weekends no matter how much he wants him. It's just a manipulation on his part. I know how you feel on everything dragging out. It will probably be next Spring before DD gets everything settled. Her ex is not being cooperative in providing documentation that her attorney is asking for.

Lou Lou and I went to the grocery store this morning. I didn't seen any empty shelves today. Chuck roast was on sale for $3.99 a pound. I picked up a couple. Was able to get 1/2 gallon Kroger milk for 99 cents each with coupon so I picked some up for the kids. And Tyson Dinosaur Chicken Nuggets were $5.99 a bag with coupon so I got a couple of them also.

After lunch, Lou Lou and I made German Chocolate cupcakes for DH and I. She was so excited. We each got one after dinner and DD put a candle in each to blow out. I fixed DH's favorite meal, Spaghetti Pie for him.

Now I'm bushed. Been busy all day, when I wasn't in the kitchen or grocery store I was in the office working away.

Have a good night!

Frog, I saw you call your DH “FH” and I wondered what it stood for. For a few mins I thought you were being facetious and made up a [not so nice] name for your ex. It made me chuckle. Then I realized it meant “former husband”. :laughing:

Here to say I think I prefer the [not so nice] name for him that I made up in my head ::yes:: so that is how it will continue to be for me when reading your future posts. 👍🏻

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter