• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Lots of things to comment on.

Well, DD and I went to Chik Fil A yesterday and look what happened!
That looks so good. I am trying to talk myself out of going today to get one.

Noone can seem to explain why there is coke, diet coke, coke zero, sprite etc..but no cherry coke.
We have trouble getting Sprite Zero. And one week there was no Diet Coke, only Coke Zero. We buy bottles, not cans.

our car showed a low tire pressure alert.
My car does that occasionally but it it not actually low, I just have to reset it.

Think I am going to make a cup of hot cocoa (with marshmallow fluff in it), and finish a Hallmark movie.
Can I suggest added Bailey's Irish Cream.

Lots of things to comment on.

That looks so good. I am trying to talk myself out of going today to get one.

We have trouble getting Sprite Zero. And one week there was no Diet Coke, only Coke Zero. We buy bottles, not cans.

My car does that occasionally but it it not actually low, I just have to reset it.

Can I suggest added Bailey's Irish Cream.--I don't drink any kind of alcohol,,lol!

Good afternoon friends, sorry I'm "later" today. I'm here :) So extra grateful this morning to God for His continued and of, course, constant grace, mercy, and love! Dad got wonderful doctor news at his appointment earlier. He has one more regular doctor visit this year. We are so beyond blessed indeed. Praise God!

Thank you, Judique, for the Campbell's links. I really appreciate that, my friend :) I wish the snow globe choice said "Merry Christmas." I do not care for anything that is Christmas intended that says anything else (that has words). Not a fan at all of abbreviations or Happy Holidays. For me it is CHRIST-mas! :) Big hug, and I am truly so glad you are able to do do telehealth (more regular it sounds like) appointments with your doctor. My grandma for a time had type 2 diabetes. I know from her experiences that requires staying on top of indeed. Anything that makes doing so easier now for you, especially during this plague, is indeed a blessing extra and I'm truly glad. From your later post, I’m sorry you have had roof issues, too in the past.
What a beautiful story, dear Snowysmom! God absolutely had His angel Chris have you hear that song when you did. I love it and so pray the words and that gift brought you extra comfort and reassurance.

Easyas, I hope all went well for you yesterday with your appointment and getting any needed prescriptions. Oh no! I just read your later post :( Prayers sent your way, my friend that you feel much better very soon! Please take care indeed!

Sweetpeama, ITA with Easyas, how and why were you “not allowed” to put up a tree. To me, and I say this with all respect since of, course, I do not know your situation or what you meant, that rings alarm bells for sure :( I absolutely hope as other Quackers have suggested you did just leave some info out. Please clarify for us and know we ask because we care.

Another adorable picture, Lynn! I should watch something Pooh related, so cute :) I hope you find what you need in the store, my friend and get home (well by now are home) safely and quickly! I do agree it seems like supply is lowering while prices rising :( A good time to try to stock up some again. Prayers all-around, you know that, for your follow up appointment on Monday.

Oh no! Big prayers indeed, Footballmouse. I truly hope the roofer was able to (and for not too costly a price tag either) stop any leaks! Hug also and extra prayer that you will get to go to dinner tonight with your friend. Yikes, I read your later post and am so sorry for the added un needed drama and stress :(

I hope you both enjoyed your Christmas movies, Carol and PollyannaMom. Wednesday hug to you both, of course!

Hooray at last you got a peppermint treat, Pea! I do hope it was extra tasty!

Dad will soon be going to a Pavilions that said had the small potted Christmas trees we are hoping to get. Seems like Christmas trees are another item shortage this year! Once we have it, it'll be easier to figure out ornaments. It's a little warmer today here, still chilly for me though. But a most blessed Wednesday indeed.

Please stay well and warm everyone!

Footballmouse I hope the roof repairs turn out not to be too expensive. It is frustrating when the contractor won't take care of work that they originally did.

@flyingdumbo127 Glad to hear your Dad is doing well. You both are indeed blessed. I hope you get the Christmas tree you want.

Peppermint is everywhere in this thread. I have never been to a Chik Fil A but the shake does look good.

@Pea-n-Me It sounds like your SIL is pretty much moving along on her own timeline for grieving. Everyone is different and need to do what is right for them and take care of themselves. I also believe that the suddenness of a loss compounds the grief. There is a book, It's OK not to be OK, that I found very helpful. My therapist recommended it. I am not a person who does well with groups so I am content with my therapist. Finances is a big item to take care of and is so daunting. Glad she found a good financial planner. I am waiting for the life ins claim to be approved and paid. Then my advisor, my younger DS, and I will go to the investment company to take a look at everything and decide what is in my best interest for the future. He is so knowledgeable it makes me proud and makes my brain spin a bit. He already came with me to the bank to discuss the IRAs I have there and he just took over and asked all the right questions and we came up with a plan.

I worked this morning and went to the house this afternoon just for a quick visit. I put out the trash for tomorrow, moved the old minivan back to the usual place, and vacuumed older DS's room as he took his bed to his house for older DGS. They were hoping it would make older DGS stay in his own bed since it is a full sized comfortable bed. No such luck. He still gets up during the night and goes in with Mom and Dad. The floor was dusty where the bed was. I vacuumed my room around all the stuff that is waiting to go somewhere and then the hallway and bathroom. This weekend will be the kitchen along with swiffering the floor. The filled dumpster was gone and the new smaller one in its' place. It looks like a baby dumpster compared with the other one. Only younger DS can come to clean this weekend but he is very diligent and keeps busy. He can fill alot of that dumpster quickly.

It is supposed to snow a little bit, just a coating to an inch, but it has not started yet. It can stay away.

Have a nice evening.

:hug:Snowysmom and thank you.

Poor Dad, wasted trip. No tress that looked good. He had also gone to a different Staples hoping they would have a chair for me, zip just a very fancy (it sounded like) type of Staples store that he had never seen before. Even Dollar Tree was a bust because they didn't have much plus the two items he was going to get, he said there were a good 20 people in line, yikes! So thankful he's almost home.

Getting cooler here already :( Supposed to rain tomorrow. I did finally order a robe on Amazon that was supposed to come today but hasn't moved much past shipping. Now it says Friday and through the post office. I just hope I like it.

Have a good evening everyone!

Please stay well and warm everyone!

Warm and toasty here! Already in pajamas at 7, and dogs hogging the fire as usual:flower:

Peppermint is everywhere in this thread.

I know! I'm already planning on another ice cream purchase and I'm not really into peppermint. But this year - something about it just is really appealing to me!

Have not been able to sleep since my knee surgery,,,, so I thought I'd give a little bump up to our thread, Sleep well, friends:surfweb:

That will pass. It took me a long time to be able to sleep well after knee surgery. For 5 weeks I slept in the recliner. and that was not good sleep. Then I slowly started going back to bed, starting with 2 hours and working my way back to the entire night. I hope your recovery is going well.

Good morning all. Going to be another chilly day here..high of 41. @Pea-n-Me I was in my pjs before you, lol. I took a long hot bath around 4 while Mr L was sleeping and got into some nice warm light fleece Old Navy ones. Trouble is, I had ordered them in a larger size, and now that I have lost 25 lbs, they are all too big,,I have to pull the pants string so tight it looks like I have clown pants on..lol

Today will be stripping and remaking the beds, passing the swiffer duster, and then vacuuming. Have to do the kitchen floor too, and still haven't heard from the floor guy. Not even a reply to the text I sent yesterday. I am going to text him again this morning, ask if his truck is fixed, and ask him to have the courtesy to let us know when he's going to finish the job. At this rate, we aren't even sure we want him to be the one to install 2 new doors :(

@dazedx3. I hope that you can get some sleep soon, I know how too well how tough it is when you can't fall asleep, or can't stay asleep. I hope your knee is healing well

Have a QUACKY Thursday everyone!

7d13c99e4d1fad33465bea1084f1c302.png

Good Thursday morning.

It's cold here in Cincy and we had our first snow yesterday morning. I am not ready for winter, I wish it would just skip on by :cold:.

Ds2 stop by last night to look at the ceiling. He's confident that him and ds1 can fix the ceiling. That was good news. I finally got my nephew's side of the story about who put the roof on. I'm still not happy about it but what's done is done, he won't be fixing anything at my house ever again. Ds2 said that it all it needs is flashing around the chimney, he can do that. I'm done worrying and stressing about it. I'm working from home today so I can relax and get things cleaned up around the house. I don't want to be stressed out for the wedding this weekend.

I did get meet up with my friend last night. We went to a Mexican restaurant for dinner and drinks. We were there for 4 hours talking and laughing. We finally took the hint that the restaurant was closing when we noticed the workers putting on their coats :rotfl2:. Sorry people, but we had a lot of catching up to do.

I'm going to try this click list thing at the grocery store today. I think by doing this, it will save me money b/c I won't just randomly being putting things in my cart. I have it scheduled to be picked up later today, hopefully all my items will be in the bags.

Back to work. Hope everyone has a great day! :)

Have not been able to sleep since my knee surgery,,,, so I thought I'd give a little bump up to our thread, Sleep well, friends:surfweb:

I'm usually awake in the middle of the night. I used to get up at 3:10am for many years and my body still wakes me up. Sometimes I get up and sometimes I just read for an hour or post on the Disboards and then back to sleep until 5:30am. I usually can't sleep longer than 5:30 because the pets want to be fed and won't leave me alone.

Hope your knee stops keeping you awake sooner rather than later.

Good Thursday morning.

It's cold here in Cincy and we had our first snow yesterday morning. I am not ready for winter, I wish it would just skip on by :cold:.

Ds2 stop by last night to look at the ceiling. He's confident that him and ds1 can fix the ceiling. That was good news. I finally got my nephew's side of the story about who put the roof on. I'm still not happy about it but what's done is done, he won't be fixing anything at my house ever again. Ds2 said that it all it needs is flashing around the chimney, he can do that. I'm done worrying and stressing about it. I'm working from home today so I can relax and get things cleaned up around the house. I don't want to be stressed out for the wedding this weekend.

I did get meet up with my friend last night. We went to a Mexican restaurant for dinner and drinks. We were there for 4 hours talking and laughing. We finally took the hint that the restaurant was closing when we noticed the workers putting on their coats :rotfl2:. Sorry people, but we had a lot of catching up to do.

I'm going to try this click list thing at the grocery store today. I think by doing this, it will save me money b/c I won't just randomly being putting things in my cart. I have it scheduled to be picked up later today, hopefully all my items will be in the bags.

Back to work. Hope everyone has a great day! :)

Happy to hear it may be just flashing for your roof! I did have a leak where it was not sealed well enough around the bathroom vent on my previous roof and the water took it's time and pooled inside and eventually I realized it was wet, poked a small hole and got a stream of water in the face. It was a quick fix outside and some paint and a bit of whatever it's called fixed the hole when it all dried up.

Right now, I have a hole to fix in a small main floor bedroom. The plumber had to cut a small ceiling section to replace a shower drain and pipe from it. I've closed the door, pending getting it done. Since no one sleeps there I'll wait until we are ready to paint, which is coming soon.

Older homes are loads of fun. I mean that in a good way as well as a nuisance way. I've spent many hours dreaming of how to renovate and many months doing renovations and upgrades.

And the grocery store. Yes. Went to Costco for milk, bread, eggs, and something prepared for dinner on Monday. At checkout it was $152.

I had a talk with the Coke guy in the soda row. Noone can seem to explain why there is coke, diet coke, coke zero, sprite etc..but no cherry coke. He said its a shortage of aluminum to make the cans and C02? Then how are they making all of the other flavors, and why is the Pepsi row almost always full of everything? Makes no sense to me.

I recently heard (on a financial news program) that there is a aluminum shortage and the beverage companies are canning those products that they sell the most of since they don't have enough for each type right now, thus folks are starting to see scant supplies of some of the drinks. So if they sell a bunch more of the regular coke or whatever, but not a whole lot of the cherry coke, they make the decision to bottle what they sell the most of. My SIL drinks cherry coke zero and she's been having no luck finding it.

It is supposed to snow a little bit, just a coating to an inch, but it has not started yet. It can stay away.

Send it my way!

Have not been able to sleep since my knee surgery

That stinks - I hope you can get back to a regular sleep routine soon.

Ds2 stop by last night to look at the ceiling. He's confident that him and ds1 can fix the ceiling.

Oh - that is good! Nothing like a couple of handy fellas in the family ::yes::

I did get meet up with my friend last night. We went to a Mexican restaurant for dinner and drinks. We were there for 4 hours talking and laughing.

That sounds wonderful...I think a lot of folks could use a evening like that these days!

Not much going on today. I should have stopped for gas on the way to the office, but I didn't, so I'll get it later today. Right now that looks to be the most exciting thing on the agenda for me today-

Good Morning from cool and semi wet LA,

AuntieMe3, thinking of you my friend and closest Quacker family member. Prayers continuing for Bingo and that you are keeping well and warm, too!

Then I think you should treat yourself to another peppermint ice cream, Easyas and enjoy!

Big hug, DazedX3. I’m sorry. Big prayers you get some rest today!

Hugs to you always, too, Snowysmom. I pray you are resting as well and just taking care!

You just please be well, dear Lynn! Those PJ’s sound so cozy! Lol to the Quacker image that is perfect for us, thank you :)
I’m glad the kitties let you sleep, dear PollyannaMom! Beautiful snowy picture. I fully admit to being grateful that scene is not outside my front door though. Cold enough (for me) here. It sure is pretty :)

Hooray that you enjoyed a nice dinner and visit with your friend, Footballmouse! You needed that extra fun. I pray the roof indeed gets taken care of quickly. You just concentrate on enjoying the wedding! From your later post, the only house I’ve ever lived in was briefly for a few years as a young teen. It was semi older. The one home type issue I did have was years ago dad and I were living in an apartment that had skylights in one of the bedrooms. Whenever it rained the lights leaked, eek. In this apartment one time the neighbors upstairs did something with their shower or water in general which caused a “rainstorm” through our ceiling in here (the living room) This is a very older building (1960, I believe is when it was built) so I hear you on older home issues in general. Prayers your home issues get resolved and smoothly so! I think right now especially, any purchase has a way of adding up in cost even more quickly than normal because supplies are once again harder to come by. I do hope you found the food you needed!

I'm finishing up some Christmas mail that will be hand delivered along with some cookie bags for me by a friend next week. All snail mail other than one two packages (one of which will just need to be scanned as it'll be paid for already--the wrong ornaments that the company is sending me the correct ones of. The lady from the company. Maxora (Worldwide Ornaments) I've been messaging on Amazon, sent me a preview of my personalized ornaments that she'll be sending me out tomorrow. Aren't those adorable? Thanks Pea for encouraging me to get them. Elsa, the rep, claims the glitter is affixed permanently so hopefully it truly is and won't be shedding! I just asked her to make certain both "Christmas" "C's" are capitalized and maybe scoot the "A" in my name a dash further from the "N." Otherwise, I am so pleased! Wonderfully kind service she has given me that is for sure!

Have a warm and good day friends. I'll come back later.

Attachments

• Christmas ornaments.jpg
    Christmas ornaments.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Good afternoon.

The person who had the 2 hour afternoon shift at the Welcome Center needed a last minute replacement so I went in. I enjoy it. Especially when there are no phone calls that I need to transfer.

I sorted out what I bought for stocking stuffers and am in pretty good shape, except for DH. I no longer use the stocking I had for my kids and in-law kids because DD thought that would confuse the grandkids. I bought red Dollar Tree small gift bags and prints a white ornament and wrote names on them and glued to the bags.

Have not been able to sleep since my knee surgery
Many of my patients had that problem also. One of their surgeon's said sleep difficulties were common.

@flyingdumbo127, I like those ornaments.

Spaghetti and salad for dinner.

Quiet thread!

Thanks, Carol. I am excited to see them. Dad found us a small Christmas tree at Ralph's today 🎄 I'm going to look up mini ornaments on Amazon shortly. It didn't come with any just 3 red balls stuck in the dirt on one of those pointy stands used in flower bouquets. I'll take a post a picture of the tree later or maybe I'll wait until it has some ornaments on it :) I cheers up the living room. I'm hoping that it's still healthy in January and that a local friend with yard space could give it a home like our Evergreen. It's chilly here. I sure hope my new robe comes tomorrow and thar I like it. Keep cozy, friends :)

I sorted out what I bought for stocking stuffers

I really need to do that myself. Tomorrow evening I need to do inventory.

Dad found us a small Christmas tree at Ralph's today 🎄

Oh that sounds nice, I hope you guys enjoy it!

Having a cozy evening here. Fire going, lights on over the mantle, lights out in rest house. Watching Krampus after a dinner of grilled cheese and tomato basil soup. Enjoying a glass of wine.

I made baked beans for the first time in forever. They turned out very delicious, mostly because I accidentally doubled the bacon.

I have a new robe coming tomorrow also. Hope it fits. I like them to be a bit bigger and longer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter