• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

So I had an unusual experience yesterday at the restaurant, but it was nice, and I think somehow it must’ve been a sign that angels were with us. (In case you missed it, DH and I took sister in law out for dinner as it was the anniversary of our 40th date - us, and her and her husband’s. This is the SIL who lost her husband suddenly this summer; we were all close and had he still been with us I’m sure the four of us would’ve been celebrating the occasion together.) For days I kept thinking he’d be with us at the dinner, in spirit. I’ve found in my life that often I get some sort of confirmation when I’m thinking about these types of things, many times while I’m at work.

So in this case, when we arrived, it was busy, and I went up to the bar to get SIL and I a glass of wine. While I waited for the bartender, I got talking to a young man sitting at the bar. Small talk. Turned out his kid was the bartender, same age as my kids. So we got talking about kids. And I mentioned that my DD and I are nurses. So he told me his wife was a patient, and after hearing further details, turned out she was a patient with me. And she had just passed. 😳 I then mentioned why we were there. And we agreed that both people we were honoring in conversation were probably both there in spirit. He had tears in his eyes, and of course, I got some in mine. His kid probably wondered what the heck was going on when she came to take my order, lol. It would’ve been super awkward to hug (but I’m sure would’ve had we been in the hospital), so we shook hands goodbye and said Merry Christmas to eachother, still sniffling. But I was able to go back to SIL and tell her what had happened, and how I think it *somehow* must’ve had meaning. She knows these things frequently happen to me, and she has them happen too, so that made us happy in that moment, as it was a little bit of confirmation that something special was happening as it was too big of a coincidence to not be.

Pea-N-Me.... No doubt that was a special moment!! Those type of connections are so special. I have tears in my eyes.

Years ago, when I was a new parent, I was Christmas shopping at the mall. I sat down to collect my thoughts and check my lists. An elderly woman sat down next to me and we started to talk. Well, turns out we sat and talked for over an hour, she had just lost her husband of many years. She was so amazing, and I think of her so often. She made a real lasting impact on my life. I wish I would have got her name.

Good morning all! I'm 15 to 20 pages behind and probably won't get caught up.

We had a wonderful family Thanksgiving on Hilton Head Island. Back at home, return to somewhat normal.

Yesterday was beautiful here! Almost 70 degrees. I spent the day outside. Started with an overgrown crepe myrtle that was growing up into the power lines. This tree was spectacular when it bloomed and a huge nuisance when it bloomed and it rained or was windy. I'm sure my neighbor hated this tree! It would cover our cars with pink flowers, but we get along well so they didn't complain.

So at first I was going to bring it down to about 8 feet tall. The neighbor across the street walked over and asked for the wood. Eventually we took it down to the ground and I will start another from scratch. They grow really quickly and I can cultivate one from another on the opposite side of the yard, or, I may learn to live with just one as the other is over 10-12 feet already.

Meanwhile I offered neighbor some of the firewood I had on my back property. We had taken down 2 silver maples a year ago, and had a huge pile.

Eventually I got rid of all the wood except a small bit for my firepit. Neighbor cleaned my gutters as thanks! I was grateful as there comes a time when a huge woodpile not being used up can become a nuisance. I've got the space for it, just not using enough. Small animals will move in.

And, got rid of huge picnic table to same neighbor! I kept moving that thing around my yard and it was super heavy. I have a smaller table I use on my patio which is big enough for us. And a tiny bistro table on my deck for coffee when it's nice.

Happy Tuesday! :teeth:

My house felt like Grand Central Station yesterday. I texted the kids to let them know that St. Nick stopped at the house and they needed to stop over to get what was in their stockings. Usually they filter over throughout the week, not yesterday. Ds2 and his girlfriend were both off work yesterday so they stopped over early. Stayed for a while and we talked and he played with the dogs. Boomer the dog misses him since he moved out in August, Carly the dog is happy when anyone stops by :dog:. A couple of hours later, future DIL stops over to grab hers and ds1's stuff. She stayed pretty long, we went over things for the wedding, times we are meeting and decorating duties for Friday. It was nice to have people stop by, definitely broke up a usually long work day.

Tried washing ds3's pillow yesterday. That wasn't a smart decision. I guess it made my wash machine unbalanced so it wouldn't spin to get all that water out so I gave up and went to the store and bought him a new pillow. Washer is fine now.

Tried making a new recipe in the crockpot yesterday. All the dry ingredients were expired (well past the date) so I didn't have everything I needed. Good thing we had leftover pizza so ds3 just ate that. I ended up eating some spinach & artichoke dip. Great dinner!:thumbsup2

Nothing going on today after work. Think I'll go home and get right in my pj's and chill out on the couch with the dogs for the night.

Have a good day! :goodvibes

Good morning all. From 55 degrees yesterday to a high of 40 today, then 62 on Thursday. No wonder so many people are sick lately.

Just got a text back from the floor guy, that he's still waiting for the parts to fix his truck, so he most likely won't be here today either. I just want it done completely :(

@Pea-n-Me--I too had tears in my eyes at your restaurant experience. I guess it was meant to be that you were in that restaurant, at the same time as that man, and that the 2 of you bonded over a somewhat similar situation. I believe that Fate was in the restaurant last nite, along with the spirit of your SIL's husband and that mans wife.

I never watch news on tv..and just read in the paper about Kentucky Derby winner, Medina Spirit dying yesterday of a probably heart attach. So sad :(

I have laundry in now. We are going to go to the discount place over the PA state line. They have Wagyu beef on sale this week for $2.99 a lb. Going to get 4 pkgs of patties for the freezer

Have a nice morning everyone!

98c0b1e67e1f3018b1153c08365154ca.jpg

Good morning,

Have a shift at the church Welcome Center this afternoon. Otherwise no plans except finish putting decorations out and get boxes put away.

Last night I made meatloaf for dinner and tonight making salmon with roasted vegetables.

Sitting here looking at the tree and made me think of a new.....

QOTD - When you decorate your tree, do you do a theme like Disney or all gold balls, or just random ornaments.

We use a random assortment of ornaments, each with a memory behind it. Some are wedding gifts, some we got on vacations, some of the kids and our parents.

QOTD: We got tired of the stress and mess of setting up our tree, so we bought one that stays decorated. We cover it up and bring it out and voila, all done! Prior to getting that several years ago, we had random ornaments that were collected over the years. Some day when we renovate our family room, I’d like to sort through those and set up a tree there but that will probably be at a time when life will be less stressful than the years when our kids were busy and I was taking care of Mom, etc. I love my tree now, though!

QOTD - When you decorate your tree, do you do a theme like Disney or all gold balls, or just random ornaments.

We use a random assortment of ornaments, each with a memory behind it. Some are wedding gifts, some we got on vacations, some of the kids and our parents.

Same here. If I had the space to do multiple trees, I could probably divide the ornaments by theme. We're never able to use all the ones we have on one tree now. Certain ones go on every year, of course, but others rotate in and out.

Since DS started working for the Secret Service at the White House in 2011, I could do an entire tree in White House and USSS ornaments.
That would be a cool looking tree!

My ornaments have some kind of meaning behind them. Could be from vacation, kids ornaments, my ornaments from growing up, things like that. I don't have any ornament that is just a random, plain ornament. I wanted to do a small 4 ft tree with just Disney ornaments this year but after I got the big one up, I didn't feel like doing another one :scared:.

QOTD... I have so many ornaments, they can not all go on the tree. So every year is a bit different. My ornaments are a combination of ones with memories and glass antique ornaments. Every year it seems we get a smaller tree, so less room for ornaments. We used to put up multiple trees but not anymore.

QOTD - When you decorate your tree, do you do a theme like Disney or all gold balls, or just random ornaments

Like Dazedx3..every year ours is different. I have so many Hallmark ornaments, that I switch them out. One year I did all Wizard of Oz,, the next I did all puppies and kittens. We used to put up 3 trees and one was always nothing but Disney. Since we only put a small tree up this year, I did all my Hallmark snowmen, all our other snowmen, I have to put Hallmark Miss Piggy on ice skates, since she was my very first Hallmark ornament. Also put up a Figment and an Olaf. Hubby collects Minion ones so there are a couple of those on the tree , and my spider on a small handmade doily, since that's the origin of tinsel, and I don't put tinsel on my trees..the cats would eat it!

QOTD - When you decorate your tree, do you do a theme like Disney or all gold balls, or just random ornaments

Well, as many folks it's evolved over the years. When the kids were little it was a lot of homemade ornaments and the ones they picked out. Our tree had a lot of tonka ornaments and soccer/hockey ornaments! Just last year I finally picked out all the ornaments the kids have picked out over the years and set them aside for them. The last few years our tree has been on the simple side, a lot of pinecones and woodland animals, glass ornaments and a few ornaments from our travels sprinkled here and there. We do one tree, which isn't even up yet. We will put our tree up about a week or 10 days prior to Christmas - which is a compromise between me (I'd say put up on Christmas Eve) and my husband (who grew up putting one up Thanksgiving afternoon). I've never had a theme. Looks like this year the tree will go up either this Sunday or next Sunday, depending on what we have got going on WHICH we have a date to sit down and go over the calendar for the rest of them month this evening, along with whatever might need to be done at the house to coincide with any large family meals & visits.

I snuck on here while I'm waiting for a telehealth appt.

I did something crazy last night and got my nails painted red. Fire engine -watch out here comes Santa-bright red! Not me AT ALL. Not sure what I was thinking, but I did it. I'm more of a quiet mauve type of gal. But I figured I'd step out of my comfort zone once in a while! I'm so stuck in my ways that I have one bottle of gel polish my tail girl keeps in the salon for me and every 2 weeks when I get my gel manicure she uses the same color every time. I'm that boring...

I rescheduled my afternoon meeting to tomorrow afternoon since I couldn't sit still for this telehealth appt. and make that meeting, but it all worked out. I've got an employee in the office - one of the 3 who hasn't been vaccinated, who has come down with 'it', as have her husband and teenage son. She won't be pleased when I reiterate the protocol she'll need to go thru now, but hey - don't bring that s&%t in here to everyone else, vaccinated or not. I have other employees with preexisting health issues and elderly parents with issues, and under 5 grandkids so I gotta think big picture.

Dinner this evening will be sautéed or grilled shrimp over salad. And...maybe a scoop of peppermint ice cream!

It looks and feel like rain here. Cool day. Dad will hopefully be home any minute from laundry and shopping. I have tried posting earlier but the site keeps stalling and timing out :( Hoping it works now! :)

:grouphug: Snowysmom, I'm so glad you did have a cake, my friend along with ice cream (I hope), too! Indeed, Chris is always with you and so is God and…each of us, too. We care so much.

What a sweet and, I pray, comforting experience God gave you, the young man, and your SIL, dear Pea. Grace all the way! It brings back to me, a small memory of a dinner I had way back in either 2007 or 2008 with a handful of elderly friends who were part of the same small town caregiver support group I was in for a time. I had gone back to the small town in Northern CA, after not having been there since coming back home here. I felt at that time, I needed some closure with that especially since the last time I had lived there was when my grandma was my neighbor.

I knew that returning would be hard but it was also healing and so lovely to see those kind people again. We met for dinner at a local family restaurant. I was seated next to one lady in her 90’s who had been a caregiver for her twin sister for years. The sister has passed on and sadly years ago, so has Mary but she was such a sweet soul and devout, too. When our food came, we shared a blessing. During the course of dining, the others were chatting more animatedly and loudly while Mary and I were quieter, just enjoying being together as a group. Out of the blue, she smiled at me, squeezed my hand, and softly said “I’m so happy you’re here, my Mona.” God had brought my beloved grandma to our table and of course, Himself. He was Who was there extra. You see, my grandma would often take my hand the same way randomly, smile, and in some way call me “her Mona.” No one else ever did so. Thank you, dear Pea, for starting my morning with that blessing of a memory. I’d love to include it somehow in the book I’m putting together but am not sure how it could work. I just might PM you (and Dazed, too) a little later for some suggestions. Perhaps we could somehow combine our two or three experiences into one for the share. All of you dear Quacker others, are also welcome always to contribute! Just PM me and thanks :)

Aww, DazedX3! I love that! Little moments of Grace from Above, a reminder He loves and is with us always! I absolutely believe with every inch of my heart that God, and more often than we as humans are able to comprehend, sends down us His angels such as Gabriel in real life for the TBAA angels on the TV show, all who were created before time as Heavenly angels to be His earthly more direct messengers. By the same token, so, too, does our Savior send down to us those who were once clothed in human or fur and now in Glory to be a bringer of His peace to a human currently living here on earth. I also feel that every so often, since each of us, are of course, His and His alone, He touches our hearts a bit extra with the Divine and for a moment we get to experience, although we may not realize it, a precious foretaste of being such a messenger because He has placed in a Divine spark and call more fully in us to impart to another. That was my long winded (sorry) way of saying, the elderly lady, you described, Dazed, could have fit any or all of those categories. I have a suspicion she just may have landed next to you straight from Heaven :)

Welcome back, Judique! What a nice surprise to see you post this morning :) Truly so thankful to read you had a good Thanksgiving getaway! You and your family needed some fun time and change of scene. How wonderful that you and your neighbor have come to a more peaceful relationship. I am sorry about your beautiful sounding trees having to go. Sharing excess supplies is always a blessing indeed. Thank you for doing so with your extra wood!

Your house indeed sounded like a busy place yesterday, Footballmouse! So glad it was full of extra cheer from friendly vistors, including an early Santa. That was nice of you to get your Ds a new replacement pillow. Lol, my own pillow is ancient but I love it. It’s flat and soft and just comforting since I’ve had it forever. I can definitely relate to pillow preferences. The dogs bring extra joy to our days, don’t they? Oh and from a later post of yours, I’d also love to see the patriotic tree Carol described. It would be very cool and quite a sight to see indeed! My grandma who was very patriotic and currently my friend Shirley who is likewise, would also love that.

I need that Tigger on a shirt, Lynn! Adorable! Changing weather like that indeed=colds and just feeling run down for many :( you PLEASE, take extra care! ITA with what you said to Pea, too. Oh no! Yet another floor guy delay. Hugs, and indeed you just want it done already! I pray that happens tomorrow!

Waving Good Morning to you, too, Carol :) Still love that your church has a Welcome Center and if I lived out there, you know, how much I’d enjoy taking a shift. Thank you always for doing that. What a great QOTD! I’ll answer near the end of my reply. I always enjoy reading Quacker family tradition posts :)

What a good idea, PollyannaMom, to switch out ornaments each year! I think that would give your tree both something “new” and perhaps you and your family the added gift of a positive memory to recall from seeing an ornament again, too. I really like that you do that.

Enjoy your ice cream, Easyas! I like the sound of your simpler ornaments including woodland animals. Go you for painting your nails bright red! I hope you come to enjoy them, my friend. Good for you for keeping your family safe and whether she realizes it or not, doing likewise for your coworker and her family. She is blessed to have you for her boss that is for sure.

QOTD - When you decorate your tree, do you do a theme like Disney or all gold balls, or just random ornaments?

As I have shared briefly on our thread, this last year has brought new tears of joyous thanksgiving to God for His constant and steadfast Presence, mercy, grace, and love always and first and foremost. He is indeed my life's treasure and blessing beyond. He has also given me the beyond precious gift extra of the reminder that truly this time from Him with my dad and I closer together, in health, and safe is nothing short of a miracle from above. It is. I thank Him daily for it.

Dad and I don't have the space within this small apartment for a full -size tree. Maybe one day we will or even have a growing Christmas tree like Evergreen in a private outdoor space that we could then decorate. I am trying this year to start a new tradition for dad and I and not just at Christmas. That started with our joint scrapbook. For Christmas, I'd love to extend it to somehow, especially post plague, placing either on a tree (a very mini/light ornament that would work on a small tree) or as a table decoration something that we could look back on from year to year with added thanksgiving to God for the memory of Him allowing us to experience and create. Post plague, that might include a Christmas train ornament since one of the things we both are looking forward to is riding a new Christmas train that is a new local attraction. Or just every day, any day, ornaments, that are special to us in some way not for themselves or the stuff (I am not a stuff lady as lol shared once again with my sticker posts over the last few days) but in the additional thanksgiving. This would be the same with pictures we can take of the two of us. I can't tell you all how much I look forward to being able to do that with my dad one day and lol I never have been a picture taking of me fan at all! But for dad, for God in thanks, and me as well, of course, that would touch me so much to get to have new photos of the two of us together enjoying the day or moment. Doesn't have to be anywhere "special. " LOL, maybe there is such thing as a Campbell's chicken broth ornament! Dad and I both enjoy sharing some at lunch each day :)

Enjoy the day, my friends. I'll come back later to check in.

Last edited:
I snuck on here while I'm waiting for a telehealth appt

Well I discovered something new-to-me today. I probably knew it, but never paid attention...telehealth appts. thru my health insurance. I have a issue, and was unable to get into the 4 urgent care places in our area (and by area I mean needing to drive 45 minutes in any number of directions) and my Dr. couldn't get me in. I was able to schedule a telehealth appt. thru my health insurance, and was able to attend it within about a hour of booking it. Didn't cost me anything and I got the meds I needed to resolve the issue. Super easy! Hopefully Walgreens doesn't drop the ball on the RX-I've had them do that to me before...

It looks and feel like rain here. Cool day. Dad will hopefully be home any minute from laundry and shopping. I have tried posting earlier but the site keeps stalling and timing out :( Hoping it works now! :)

:grouphug: Snowysmom, I'm so glad you did have a cake, my friend along with ice cream (I hope), too! Indeed, Chris is always with you and so is God and…each of us, too. We care so much.

What a sweet and, I pray, comforting experience God gave you, the young man, and your SIL, dear Pea. Grace all the way! It brings back to me, a small memory of a dinner I had way back in either 2007 or 2008 with a handful of elderly friends who were part of the same small town caregiver support group I was in for a time. I had gone back to the small town in Northern CA, after not having been there since coming back home here. I felt at that time, I needed some closure with that especially since the last time I had lived there was when my grandma was my neighbor.

I knew that returning would be hard but it was also healing and so lovely to see those kind people again. We met for dinner at a local family restaurant. I was seated next to one lady in her 90’s who had been a caregiver for her twin sister for years. The sister has passed on and sadly years ago, so has Mary but she was such a sweet soul and devout, too. When our food came, we shared a blessing. During the course of dining, the others were chatting more animatedly and loudly while Mary and I were quieter, just enjoying being together as a group. Out of the blue, she smiled at me, squeezed my hand, and softly said “I’m so happy you’re here, my Mona.” God had brought my beloved grandma to our table and of course, Himself. He was Who was there extra. You see, my grandma would often take my hand the same way randomly, smile, and in some way call me “her Mona.” No one else ever did so. Thank you, dear Pea, for starting my morning with that blessing of a memory. I’d love to include it somehow in the book I’m putting together but am not sure how it could work. I just might PM you (and Dazed, too) a little later for some suggestions. Perhaps we could somehow combine our two or three experiences into one for the share. All of you dear Quacker others, are also welcome always to contribute! Just PM me and thanks :)

Aww, DazedX3! I love that! Little moments of Grace from Above, a reminder He loves and is with us always! I absolutely believe with every inch of my heart that God, and more often than we as humans are able to comprehend, sends down us His angels such as Gabriel in real life for the TBAA angels on the TV show, all who were created before time as Heavenly angels to be His earthly more direct messengers. By the same token, so, too, does our Savior send down to us those who were once clothed in human or fur and now in Glory to be a bringer of His peace to a human currently living here on earth. I also feel that every so often, since each of us, are of course, His and His alone, He touches our hearts a bit extra with the Divine and for a moment we get to experience, although we may not realize it, a precious foretaste of being such a messenger because He has placed in a Divine spark and call more fully in us to impart to another. That was my long winded (sorry) way of saying, the elderly lady, you described, Dazed, could have fit any or all of those categories. I have a suspicion she just may have landed next to you straight from Heaven :)

Welcome back, Judique! What a nice surprise to see you post this morning :) Truly so thankful to read you had a good Thanksgiving getaway! You and your family needed some fun time and change of scene. How wonderful that you and your neighbor have come to a more peaceful relationship. I am sorry about your beautiful sounding trees having to go. Sharing excess supplies is always a blessing indeed. Thank you for doing so with your extra wood!

Your house indeed sounded like a busy place yesterday, Footballmouse! So glad it was full of extra cheer from friendly vistors, including an early Santa. That was nice of you to get your Ds a new replacement pillow. Lol, my own pillow is ancient but I love it. It’s flat and soft and just comforting since I’ve had it forever. I can definitely relate to pillow preferences. The dogs bring extra joy to our days, don’t they? Oh and from a later post of yours, I’d also love to see the patriotic tree Carol described. It would be very cool and quite a sight to see indeed! My grandma who was very patriotic and currently my friend Shirley who is likewise, would also love that.

I need that Tigger on a shirt, Lynn! Adorable! Changing weather like that indeed=colds and just feeling run down for many :( you PLEASE, take extra care! ITA with what you said to Pea, too. Oh no! Yet another floor guy delay. Hugs, and indeed you just want it done already! I pray that happens tomorrow!

Waving Good Morning to you, too, Carol :) Still love that your church has a Welcome Center and if I lived out there, you know, how much I’d enjoy taking a shift. Thank you always for doing that. What a great QOTD! I’ll answer near the end of my reply. I always enjoy reading Quacker family tradition posts :)

What a good idea, PollyannaMom, to switch out ornaments each year! I think that would give your tree both something “new” and perhaps you and your family the added gift of a positive memory to recall from seeing an ornament again, too. I really like that you do that.

Enjoy your ice cream, Easyas! I like the sound of your simpler ornaments including woodland animals. Go you for painting your nails bright red! I hope you come to enjoy them, my friend. Good for you for keeping your family safe and whether she realizes it or not, doing likewise for your coworker and her family. She is blessed to have you for her boss that is for sure.

QOTD - When you decorate your tree, do you do a theme like Disney or all gold balls, or just random ornaments?

As I have shared briefly on our thread, this last year has brought new tears of joyous thanksgiving to God for His constant and steadfast Presence, mercy, grace, and love always and first and foremost. He is indeed my life's treasure and blessing beyond. He has also given me the beyond precious gift extra of the reminder that truly this time from Him with my dad and I closer together, in health, and safe is nothing short of a miracle from above. It is. I thank Him daily for it.

Dad and I don't have the space within this small apartment for a full -size tree. Maybe one day we will or even have a growing Christmas tree like Evergreen in a private outdoor space that we could then decorate. I am trying this year to start a new tradition for dad and I and not just at Christmas. That started with our joint scrapbook. For Christmas, I'd love to extend it to somehow, especially post plague, placing either on a tree (a very mini/light ornament that would work on a small tree) or as a table decoration something that we could look back on from year to year with added thanksgiving to God for the memory of Him allowing us to experience and create. Post plague, that might include a Christmas train ornament since one of the things we both are looking forward to is riding a new Christmas train that is a new local attraction. Or just every day, any day, ornaments, that are special to us in some way not for themselves or the stuff (I am not a stuff lady as lol shared once again with my sticker posts over the last few days) but in the additional thanksgiving. This would be the same with pictures we can take of the two of us. I can't tell you all how much I look forward to being able to do that with my dad one day and lol I never have been a picture taking of me fan at all! But for dad, for God in thanks, and me as well, of course, that would touch me so much to get to have new photos of the two of us together enjoying the day or moment. Doesn't have to be anywhere "special. " LOL, maybe there is such thing as a Campbell's chicken broth ornament! Dad and I both enjoy sharing some at lunch each day :)

Enjoy the day, my friends. I'll come back later to check in.

Lots of Campbell's ornaments here, but didn't find one that is specifically chicken broth!

Collectibles - CampbellShop.com

Well I discovered something new-to-me today. I probably knew it, but never paid attention...telehealth appts. thru my health insurance. I have a issue, and was unable to get into the 4 urgent care places in our area (and by area I mean needing to drive 45 minutes in any number of directions) and my Dr. couldn't get me in. I was able to schedule a telehealth appt. thru my health insurance, and was able to attend it within about a hour of booking it. Didn't cost me anything and I got the meds I needed to resolve the issue. Super easy! Hopefully Walgreens doesn't drop the ball on the RX-I've had them do that to me before...

I was doing telehealth mostly last year. Since I am type 2 diabetic, doc wants to see me every so often, so when I hadn't made an appointment in a while, they called me and set up the visit. I would be happy to do this all the time, if I could get away with it and if my health didn't suffer! But, and I may have this wrong, in Maryland they can do two telehealth and then you have to actually be seen.

But so freeing not to have to leave home but still 'see' my doctor.

@Pea-n-Me I enjoyed your story about your experience in the restaurant. They were indeed with everyone in spirit. How is your SIL doing?

I have a similar experience that happened last Friday. I probably said before that I have presets on my car radio. I only go between the 2 country stations. Chris put on a preset for a local station he liked. I never use it as I don't care for the music. Sometimes when I start the car I find that preset selected. I didn't do it. Last Friday it was selected before I left my DS's house for my house where I was spending the night. I decided to leave it be and just have a quiet ride feeling like Chris was with me. I went to CVS and when I got back in the car and started to drive off I decided to see what song was playing on Chris' preset station. The song that was just beginning started out, Better Days are Coming, even though you are in pain and hurting now, the rain will stop, and better days are coming. Then the song went on to say Some day we will dance together in the sun. And it repeated a few times. I just listened to the song and cried. I don't believe in coincidences so I know Chris was with me and telling me that things will get better. I don't see it happening any time soon and maybe not at all but I can't help knowing he was there with me. I have had other signs that he is near so it comforts me to know that.

When Chris and I decorated our tree it was a combination of kid made ornaments, ornaments we bought when we were first married, ornaments we got the kids every year with their names, grandkid ornaments, and ornaments we bought when we were on trips. Our tree was overloaded with ornaments. Next year the kids will be taking some of them for their trees and the rest I will save for them for later. I am sorting them out as part of the house cleanout. None will be thrown out. They are far too sentimental. They stay with me or the kids. The lights have to go as they are old and very hot. Everyone's trees seem like they are very beautiful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter