Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Good day to you all, hope everyone had a good weekend. We did...in what can only be described as VERY off brand for us, we tossed off our usual Saturday chores and went putzing around, did I bit of shopping and took a turn around a few nurseries (always on the look out for good deals on trees this time of year!), and even when out for lunch. Then we came home and sat in the hot (cold) tub with a cocktail or two and chilled out. Sunday we got up and got our skipped chores done and around 2 we decided to go take a sunday drive on the river, so we took a boat ride and enjoyed the afternoon.

I do think older appliances and furniture often were made much better than their counterparts of today
I'll add to that vehicles, too. The more bells & whistles they have the harder they are to fix. Actually I think that goes for many items. We've become a disposable society in many ways. I'm no tree hugger but the amount of crap we through away vs. the amount of items the average joe used to be able to fix and continue to use and/or pass on to someone else to use has increased greatly.
I am just popping in to ask for extra prayers for my kids.
I hope they had a ok weekend and you are having a good morning after this past weekend.
should’ve just eloped
I highly suspect both my boys will eventually elope. At least the eldest one for sure....there goes my opportunity to FINALLY get some over the top fascinator to wear! I always wanted to have a excuse to wear one!!! I've pretty much decided even if they elope and we have a backyard "congrats for getting married" get together for the families in t-shirts & shorts I'm still wearing one!
When DH got home I had everything ready to go to make a sauce from our garden tomatoes
I am highly considering trying to make tomato paste this evening or tomorrow evening. I've never made it, but hey - nothing ventured, nothing gained.
For whatever reason, just can't keep up here.
Ditto for me.
I saw videos of the tornado in Smith Island. Closer to @easyas123 than me. DD and family were in their camper at camp in Centreville when it went through. Luckily no problems.
Yeah, they have raised a good $100K for the locals so far. It just so happens that there is some major infrastructure work going on on the island (water and wastewater upgrade projects) so I do know there is some equipment on the island that normally wouldn't be there. I've seen a few water spouts in my time, but I've never seen one so ashore and turn into a tornado. It's a real shame, that island is mostly just humble waterman, not high dollar houses & condos. Real people live there, not second homeowners...I'm glad your daughter and her family were tucked away at the camp and safe. Hey! We were anchored just around the corner from the camp yesterday afternoon!
went to Lancaster for the day. Shady Maple for breakfast.
We are going to Lancaster this weekend (I think), will probably spend the night but might just do a day trip, we haven't decided yet. I've been up there several times but never have been to the Shady Maple. Or Miller's or the other one that just closed and the name escapes me. Which one has the big farmers market type place attached? Is it the Shady Maple? Last time we spent the night up there we stayed at the Fulton Steamboat Inn haha! It was kitschy but the bar made a hell of a key lime martini!
I like Jimmy Johns!
Us, too!
Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers, I am facing a big decision and I am praying for wisdom and clarity about it.
Good luck in your decision and I hope it all works out as you'd hope it would
I am surprised about the VHS tapes but do think some people still collect them.
My Mother In-Law does...by the box full. 100's of them. I'm not even sure she still has a VHS player. Never could figure out why -

Starting Operation Clear out the Freezer/Pantry this evening with a bear roast (yuck, no thanks from me) and rice. Not sure what tomorrow will bring in terms of our evening meal.
Welp time to get this day started, at least google how to make tomato paste!

Morning all

@easyas123 homemade tomato paste sounds like a lot of work. I'm a lazy cook; give me a tube of tomato smushedness anyday! My dad, before he passed, had over 1K video tapes...not movies, the recordable tapes...with movies/tv shows/Bronco games on them. He had some tapes that were so old and had been taped on over and over again so much, when my sister tried to play one, the tape just disintegrated. That man had probably close to 3K movies taped from HBO/Max/etc, lol.

@Kirby my answer to DD#1 about her father was that he and I were different people, and I still respect him as that person. If she persisted about me 'liking' him, I told her I was forever grateful to him, because we made her together. I never said I hated the man, even though if he got ran over by a dump truck, I wouldn't stop to help. Not DD's problem that her dad was not a good man, nor was it her problem that we were not a good fit, for many reasons. At least with the texts, your DD has proof of what he's doing; if she decides to report his behavior, that will help 100%.

Yesterday was a mess. DS dropped his 6 month old Google Pixel 6, and shattered the screen. He refused to put the screen protector on, or the case on, and so now is having to figure out how to pay to repair or replace it (it's under a warranty through ATT, but still has a deductible) and had to order a cheap Tracfone to have until the repair is done. I can't get to the repair center until Saturday, because of DH's work schedule, so he's going to have to live with the tracfone until at least next week, or possibly until we come back from vacation! Also, DH was taking out his contacts last night and somehow managed to scratch his eye pretty bad; we ended up at the ER, so they could rinse it, put numbing drops in it, and get a couple of prescriptions (erythromycin and moxifloxacin). Can't risk even a scratched eyeball with a diabetic transplant patient!

I made pasta salad yesterday, two batches...one with chickpea noodles and the other with regular. I think I should have cooked the chickpeas one a little bit longer, and needed to add a bit more salt to the water, but they were ok. We'll try them again, I think. Tonight is stir fry pork of some kind, I think.
Got the hotel rooms booked in Orlando for before/after nights; Staying at a Hampton Inn near the airport, because one night was only $45 after points, woohoo.

Have a good day everyone.

Good morning.

Saturday was a lot of nothing. We watched the movie Thirteen Lives on Prime before I cancel my free trial. It was long but good.

Sunday was Music Factory at church, the end of the week of kid's music camp where they do the worship service. They did such a good job. DD brought the kids to the service. I hope Tessa will participate next year.

In the afternoon, DH and I went to a restaurant that has an outdoor patio on the canal. We just went for a drink and shared seafood nachos. Just for something to do.

Today, the exciting laundry. Grocery shopping and the library this afternoon.

We don't have Crumble Cookies anywhere nearby. We do have Insomnia Cookies.

Re: being able to cook, my mother told me that if I could read (a recipe), I could cook.

I've never understood how someone can hate another person more than they love their kids. - Children should not be pawns!
I agree. Well said.
never have been to the Shady Maple.
I haven't either and I'm an hour closer.

@Pea-n-Me , prayers for discernment in your decision making.

In spite of what my ticker says, I am 10 days away from my trip.

@Kirby --How does your daughter's ex get away with threatening her? She needs to report it. It's awful how some ex's are treating each other and putting the kids in the middle. What happened to common courtesy and common sense? They are adults for crying out loud!
She's hoping that her new attorney can do something about it. That's dealing with her ex through written medium only comes in. He can't dispute what he wrote. It's sad that parents treat their kids in this manner but it takes a lot to fight it, lots of proof. It's to the point that something bad has to happen before something can be done. And with the kids being younger, the courts don't tend to pay much attention to what they say. I'm hoping that in Frog's case, they will listen because at least one if not two of them are older. Mine are 6 and 4.

Happy Monday, everyone! 🌼Wishing all of you a happy week ahead.

Dad will soon be off to the Dollar Tree in search if Aquarelle wipes. It's amazing how quickly we go through those! Hopefully he will also find some other needed items as well.

Aw, informed delivery shows mail coming today from one of dear you 🐥Brightened my morning to see. As always to each of you, let me know if you'd enjoy some happy mail from CA.

I'm truly thankful you get to enjoy morning walks, Snowymsom. I am sorry the weather is so yucky with humidity!

Hug, Pollyanna, and prayers you enjoyed a good night's rest last night.

Hooray for a weekend boat trip, Easyas. That sounds very relaxing. I hope it was.

Oh no, B&B. One of those days indeed. I'm sorry. Prayers for your DH to feel better. I'm sorry about your son's phone. Glad he will have a temporary Tracfone. I've had one of those but in the past had been curious about them because they seemed like a good deal.

Love the picture, Lynn!

Big hug, Kirby. Children, as you know, should always be listened to and respected. So sad when they are not put first. Huge prayers that the attorney this week can finally do something. Frog, praying for you and your kids, too.

Carol, I will be watching worship from yesterday shortly. Music Factory Sunday has become a favorite of mine. As I have said on here before, hearing young, clear voices, raised in joyful praise to the Lord, is incredible. I am sure all the kiddos did just fantastic. I hope Tessa will really enjoy being part of it next summer!

Keep cool, friends. I will come back later.

Last edited:
Slipping thread save to wish all of you a Good Afternoon! Dad, thank God, is long safely home from the Dollar Tree and Target. Neither place had much but the Tree did have our Aquarelle Wipes which was are always grateful to be able to get. Carol, I did indeed love Music Factory Sunday! Especially loved how the children added into "This Little Light of Mine," "Jesus is the Light." Also enjoyed the opening call prayer and hymn of "Lift High the Cross." That goes perfectly with "This Little Light of Mine!" Fun question: What did the "BLR" on the little boy's shirt stand for? I tried to read it but it flashed by too quickly.

Much prayer our thread has been so quiet because each of you are enjoying the afternoon in some way.

Its 93 and very breezy outside, and even the breeze is hot. It's going to be too windy to grill the steaks outside, so will have to use the broiler. Today SIL and Niece both have migraines..I swear they are working themselves into all of these ailments!!

Stepdaughter is leaving with the 2 girls (14 and 16) and the older one's boyfriend (who lives with them), tomorrow morning to drive to Myrtle Beach to visit with her Mom for 10 days. They come back the 19'th, and school starts the 18'th , so the 3 of them will miss the first day of school. Not a good way to start the school year IMO.
And she's not driving down with a very clear mind. She had the follow up call with her rheumatologist and it didn't go the greatest. She goes on Sept 27th to see a cardiologist and an ecocardiogram as well as a cat scan that day. The stuff in her lungs is not from when she was pregnant with her youngest (who is now 14) so she has to see a lung doctor. She have to have cancer cell testing, vitamin b12 deficiency testing, protein testing. She goes in 8 weeks for shots in her knees and she put her in a very high dose of prednisone and vitamin d that she takes one pill per week. Doesn't sound very good to me :(

I am thinking of making a panzanella salad to go with the steak and potato salad, or it could be fresh corn, haven't decided yet

Edited to add--Just got a phone call from some odd number. Almost didn't answer it, but glad I did. It was from Lowes, somewhere in East Oshkosh apparently, lol. Our 4'th door is in. Called our handyman who is going to try and pick it up tomorrow, and possibly get both screen doors off and at least get them both ready to put the new ones on. Then he will come the next day, and the day after, and replace both of the inside ones. That way we can still have doors to keep the ac inside, and not just have screen doors up. That will be one big project done, and then just the gutters and the ramp will have to be done.

Have a nice rest of the afternoon

Last edited:
Its 93 and very breezy outside, and even the breeze is hot
Ugh, your description of the hot breeze is spot on. I went out earlier to run into town and it was just stifling. I think tomorrow and Wednesday might be just as oppressive. They are calling for t-storms here Wednesday afternoon/evening. But this coming weekend looks amazing - low 80's and sun. My eldest son is in a wedding, outside - full tux & all so I'm sure a cooler day will be welcomed. Who in the world gets married in mid August in this heat & humidity?!?!? Hahahah..we did, not at all sure what we were thinking. 29 years this weekend.

It's dog wash afternoon for me so I guess it's better warm than cold! I have to deal with a pissed off dog who has to sit and soak in medicated shampoo for 15 + minutes.

I've been meaning to get our info in for Global Entry now for months, really over a year or more. I just kept reminding myself and then forgetting, thinking "oh yeah, I need to get to that", so I finally got to it this afternoon. Probably won't do us any good for our flights later this year, and that is no one's fault but mine I'm afraid. Oh well. It is what it is I guess. Anyone thinking of doing it - the application process is fairly easy & quick.

Grocery shopping done.

We had a small line of thunder go through. It was a short narrow band of red on the radar. We had thunder and dark clouds and a few sprinkles but sunny now, and hot.

"Lift High the Cross." Fun question: What did the "BLR" on the little boy's shirt stand for?
Lift High the Cross is always the hymn on Music Factory Sunday.

I did not see that so I can't help. May have to look at the video.

Breezy_Carol said:
For whatever reason, just can't keep up here.
Ditto for me.
I feel like that sometimes here too!

I made pasta salad yesterday, two batches...one with chickpea noodles and the other with regular. I think I should have cooked the chickpeas one a little bit longer, and needed to add a bit more salt to the water, but they were ok. We'll try them again, I think.

I find that to get the chickpea kind to come out right, I have to use about twice as much water as I feel like should be enough.

FB put up one of my old pictures from last year, thought my fellow Quackers would get a smile out of it!

View attachment 691812
That is so cute!!

Good morning :sunny:

So humid yesterday and this morning 🥵! I didn't do anything yesterday. I worked night shift over the weekend, got about 4 hours of sleep Sunday morning and then went down to Ds1's new house. I thought I was going down to help clean or something since he was tearing off paneling. Nope, they didn't even have a broom to sweep up. DIL said she wasn't going to clean up until he was completely done. I'm not like that, if they're done for the day, then I would clean up the mess but that's not their thinking. Not my house so I'm not going to push the issue.

Yesterday I was so tired. I've decided I'm not going to schedule a workout on Mondays anymore if I work nights the weekend before. I don't get enough sleep over the weekend so come Monday, I'm dragging. I did run out to the grocery store for a few things.

B&B - I've only had the Crumble cookies once. I had the key lime cookie, very good!

Last night I made salmon and corn on the cob. Tonight will be chicken and the rest of the corn on the cob 🌽.

I came home Sunday morning and noticed something laying on the kitchen floor. It was a peach pit! Carly got up in the bowl that was sitting on top of the microwave and ate my peaches 🤬!!! I had 3 left, ate an entire one and the other 2 had teeth marks all over them. So much for my peach pie. At least I was able to eat 3 of them earlier 🍑. Needless to say, she was in a lot of trouble Sunday.

Well people are starting to roll in to work so I guess I better get busy doing work stuff. Have a great day!pooh:

Good morning. Another hot , near 100 day on tap here. Storms tomorrow will usher in a week of upper 70's to low 80's. I can't wait. I am hoping I can talk the handyman until waiting till at least Thursday to install the new doors. Working outside in this heat isn't good for anyone. He can't just take both doors of of the back and put new ones in if we have to have the ac running to keep it cool in here. I can give him a big patio umbrella to work under, and a fan he can use, but it's still going to be hotter than hades outside.
Just swapped some veggies with the good neighbor. Green beans and squash from her to me, tomatoes and cukes from me to her . She locked herself out of the house, and has to go get a spare key. I told her if she wanted, she could leave us a key just in case of an emergency, she said she would do that. They went to a music festival this weekend, and she said with 2 days of head banging and dancing, she can barely move today. She's only 25 , I told her to do that stuff while she's still young enough to do it and be able to move afterwards.
Just watered, garden is bone dry again. Grass needs mowing, but I am going to wait till Thursday or Friday, unless I can't stand the shaggy look. Have to get gas tomorrow anyhow. Car is down to just under 1/2 a tank (after 6 weeks, lol), and my mower gas cans are empty.
Off to make grocery list, clean and replace litter boxes, and gather trash.

Have a nice morning,,stay cool

OIP (1).jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter