Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Good morning all-
@Dotluvsdisney --Welcome to our friendly group. We talk about anything and everything, so feel free to join in anytime!

Now they say we will only get to 84 today, but chance of strong storms this afternoon. So much for getting the lawn mowed when we get home from grocery shopping and errands. I would have mowed last nite, but my gas cans were both empty and I was so done after the handyman left with the door still in his truck. Now he has to make another trip over here to drop the door off , put it in the shed with the others, and then come back tomorrow when it's cooler to start installing. Guess I will have to corral the inside cats into a bedroom as the doors will be off and the opening wide open for a short time. Also have to put a gate up to keep the outside cats outside, lol.

@tazdev3225 --that is awful about the first responders and how they acted at the accident. I hope your DD and grandson have nothing other than a little whiplash, which is bad enough in itself

Off to take the trash down to the curb, bring in the paper, and get ready for the day

Have a good one

I don't claim to know the boys in the picture for the day. I just liked the picture and the quote!

8cd5e0d6047479859480ceaea255d2bf.jpg

Good morning Quackers. It is a really nice morning here weather wise, no humidity and actually almost a bit cool. Wish it would stay this way.

@Pea-n-Me I am late as usual, but praying your choice comes and you are at peace with what ever you decide.

@Dotluvsdisney welcome welcome to our little community.

@tazdev3225 Praying for your daughter and grandson

@footballmouse Bummer on the peaches.

I don't have much to report on this end. Things are still not great with my oldest 2 kids and wanting to go spend a week with their dad and the girlfriend. My oldest has finally said she will go to counseling if it will help give her a voice. My lawyer said it could. We shall see. My son woke up with a sore throat...hoping it's nothing too serious. Ugh. We have plans at the end of the week as our last summer "fun" and I would be so sad if we can't follow through with them because someone is not feeling well.

Have a good day all.

Hi, and welcome Dotluvsdisney!

I do remember y’all in my daily prayers, and am asking some for a neighbor, Mary. We watched as she recovered from an operation on a leg. Then we were happy to see her riding her bike around the area yesterday. Well, today Tom mentioned to Fred how we were happy to see Mary up and around, we learned that the cancer is still there, and it’s not a good outlook. You would not know that from talking to Mary, and I hope her positive attitude can get her through the trying time ahead.

We are expecting hot temperatures today. We will go to pool for a swim this morning. My back is bothering me, Chiropractor did not help on Monday. That’s unusual. Will give them a call today, and I do have a regular check up tomorrow. So using ice and resting. Hopefully water exercises can help a bit too!

Have a good day, dear friends.

Good morning, everyone! 😄 (thought I posted this earlier, and just realized I hadn't hit the button)

We got some serious rain last night, and it is finally lovely and cool here. Took the cats out to enjoy it.

Some little stuff to get done today, but no big plans.

Hugs to all who need one!

Hi everyone! I just received notice that my first contract passed ROFR. I’m a brand new member and was perusing this board while recovering from COVID after a wonderful trip to Maui. So happy to see all for his fun day to day positivity and support!
welcome!
You've inspired me to talk to my Dr. at my next physical to go over my inoculations and see if I need a top-off of anything. I'm turning 50 later this year and I am planning on getting the shingles vaccine for myself for my birthday!!! Woot! We are getting the Shingles vax after we get back. DH has had shingles once, and we've both had the chickenpox; we couldn't get the first vax out because it was a 'live' version, but can get the new one.

I am filing a complaint with the fire department. Fire Rescue was called and even though she said they both had neck pain, the EMT's told her to go to Urgent Care without even checking them. He went right to the other car to check on the child in the car seat and transported her to the ER. They were out in less than an hour. I'm not saying the child shouldn't have been checked but my daughter and grandson's injuries should not have been dismissed so lightly.

I would absolutely lose my mind for them not checking out everyone in the crash. She definitely needs to be checked; she is going to be much more sore today than she was yesterday, and sometimes injuries don't show immediately.

When DS and I were in our car accident (got Tboned), the ambulance crew made sure to check our necks, even with him being in a secure car seat. They checked us first, then the guy who hit us; he got transported because he wasn't wearing a seat belt and definitely hit his head on the windshield; I got hit in the face and hands with the airbag. I fractured bones in both hands/wrists, and had a good bruise on my face...that was fun, going to work with a bruised face and two hands wrapped and in braces...some people were giving DH the stink eye for a few weeks, lol.
Morning all!
@bobbiwoz :hug: for your friend

On a side note...no polio shot yet. They had someone come in to get a first time polio shot, and used my booster on that person; I'm fine with that...super important to get that person started! The pharmacist is ordering more doses, so that she'll have one for me on Friday, hopefully.The typhoid shot is kicking my behind though...I was, well, 'off' late last night. Like everything was just a bit off center, if you know what I mean; woke up this morning with a killer headache right between the eyes, some body aches, a stuffed up head, dizzy, and no energy. DH had the same after his shots, so I'm thinking it should pass quickly, like his did.

Ended up not making the stir fry last night; made the 'lazy casserole' instead, and I'm glad I did because DH was running late getting home, due to accidents on the highway/bridge. He got home about 15 minutes after I finished cooking, and about 5 minutes before I had to run out the door to get to the pharmacy. Tonight, I'm going the easy route and doing oven baked chicken nuggets (Publix meat dept makes good ones, parmesan crusted), fries and salad or frozen veg if the salad stuff died in the fridge. DS is going to cook and clean up for me, since I'm feeling like crud. I'll use the stir fry veggie to make a slaw for some pulled pork in a couple of days.

I think I'm going to lay on the couch and let this headache work its course. Y'all ahve a good day.

@Bianca and Bernard --Feel better!

@bobbiwoz -prayers for Mary

@PollyannaMom --don't you hate that when you think you hit send and it doesn't? Or I type a whole message up, and when I hit reply, it disappears and I have to start all over again--first world problems, lol!

Just getting ready to head out the door..as the sun breaks through the clouds and the temps start going up

More later today

Things never go the way they should for me.
I feel you on that-
I have stayed for just a night or two at a time, paying cash as a FL resident or by renting points
We are long time point renters ourselves...we usually only go for 3, maybe 4 nights for a long weekend once a year, sometimes every other year, usually in January or February. We've run the numbers and buying for us doesn't make financial sense. I think we would have if it was a destination we went to for a regular vacation vs. long weekends or if our kids were into WDW - they aren't! Point renting has always been a great experience for us, I'm surprised more folks don't utilize it, I guess the cons outweigh the pros for them.
My oldest has finally said she will go to counseling if it will help give her a voice. My lawyer said it could
Good, I hope it helps her and she gets her moment to speak to the judge.

Good morning everyone. Sun is shining, it's humid as hell out there and I'm hoping for a good thunderstorm this afternoon/evening.

I could go for a scrapple sandwich on toast, just a touch of butter with a over medium egg. I think the best I can hope for is a mini bag of Chex Mix or a peanut butter Belvita
from the office kitchen! I may have to go to the butcher and get some scrapple for this weekend.

I feel you on that-

We are long time point renters ourselves...we usually only go for 3, maybe 4 nights for a long weekend once a year, sometimes every other year, usually in January or February. We've run the numbers and buying for us doesn't make financial sense. I think we would have if it was a destination we went to for a regular vacation vs. long weekends or if our kids were into WDW - they aren't! Point renting has always been a great experience for us, I'm surprised more folks don't utilize it, I guess the cons outweigh the pros for them.

Good, I hope it helps her and she gets her moment to speak to the judge.

Good morning everyone. Sun is shining, it's humid as hell out there and I'm hoping for a good thunderstorm this afternoon/evening.

I could go for a scrapple sandwich on toast, just a touch of butter with a over medium egg. I think the best I can hope for is a mini bag of Chex Mix or a peanut butter Belvita
from the office kitchen! I may have to go to the butcher and get some scrapple for this weekend.
You and Mr L think the same--to me scrapple is Yuck and Gross! Older stepson and stepdaughter won't touch it, younger stepson cooks it till it's like shoe leather. None of the grandkids will touch it either. It's not something I grew up seeing/eating/cooking in MA, and I refuse to do it now. If Mr L wants it, he has to make it himself

Good morning Quackers 🐣

We never did get any mail yesterday. We'll see what may come today. Grateful, always, for mail that does make it 💌🐴

Bobbiwoz, much prayer for Mary! She sounds like an inspiring lady--you sure are :)

Continued extra prayer Taz to your DD and grandson. How are they doing?

How are you feeling, Lynn?

Oh no. I'm sure sorry about the bad reaction, B&B. Feel better quick prayers and onto much happier trip things!

Frog, it breaks my heart as you know when a child feels they have no voice. Sometimes a caring counselor can indeed be a wonderful advocate as can a minister or teacher.

Easyas, I had to Google scrapple sandwich. I believe I shall pass, too. I truly hope you enjoy yours. Lynn, Mr. L, as well.

Hug, PollyannaMom, after your very busy weekend, i'm glad to hear you have a quieter day ahead today!

Dotluvsdisney, I've never been to WDW (or FL). Wishing you wonderful trips ahead. How exciting to be able to buy at the Poly. I've seen pictures of that resort and it looks so tropical and fun.

Hug, Snowysmom, praise God! What a wonderful trip you and your family have ahead. I love that so many generations will be together for it. Cherish each moment of it and take pictures! :)

Footballmouse, wishing you a peaceful, relaxing day. Dogs can indeed tear up seats and other things but they sure are precious :dogdance:So glad you have your own.

Always much prayer to you and your family, Kirby!

I hope you had a lot of fun last night, Pea!

To those dear Quackers who haven't posted yet today such as Carol, Judique, AuntieMe3, Taz, and Canadisney Fly along with anyone else I may have very inadvertently left off, hug to each of you and prayers you are all well.

Have a wonderful Wednesday, friends. I will check back later.

I never had scrapple growing up, but DH did. Years ago, I was away and he made it for himself. He no longer liked it.

We had goetta at a breakfast buffet in Covington KY, and we both enjoyed it. We never thought to make it ourselves. We were transplanted into Dayton OH from NJ and had never heard of it.

Happy ending to the door story, without our handyman having to cut the thing down 2" all around. I got a call from Lowes,,thought it was the manager I talked to last nite, but it was from the guy who sold us the door. He apologized all over the place,,said he had no idea it was an extended jamb. I said well, we may be returning the door, and you don't have the right one in stock. He says that's why I am calling..we have the right door, I have it right here in front of me. I verified that it was 36 x 80, left hand inswing, standard jam size, and 9 pane glass. Then he says fiberglass. I said no, we bought steel. He said fiberglass is a better door. It's $20 more but I will make sure they don't charge you the extra $20. I said how did a door suddenly appear from last nite having none, to having on right now? He said 'I am that good'..then said ..we pulled it from an order that was to be installed..but they don't need the door for 3-4 weeks and we will have more in by then.
I hope so, or he is going to have another very angry customer about it. I called Dave and he was going right up to bring the other one back and get this one. Guy said it's at the millwork desk, with your name on it. Have him bring the other one back here,,we will do the exchange on your receipt, and I will help him load it. So I guess all's well that ends well, without having to spend an hour or more trying to cut it and maybe damage it somehow..

Aldi's wasn't that busy, Walmart parking lot was full, but store wasn't that busy. Empty U Scans all over the place. Prices all gone up again. Still no Friskies canned cat food, but at least they had the Special Kitty Brand which my cats will all eat, and they had some 9 lives seafood platter, which is the favorite with all the cats, inside and out. Grabbed all they had.

Stopped and got gas..which is down to $4.25 here. Filled 2-2 gallon gas cans, and the car..took less than 10 gallons total, and cost about $40. Most I have spent on gas in ages, lol

Just had a brief downpour, now the sun is back out and the temp is almost 88.

Mona--thanks for asking. Other than a slight headache, I am feeling okay.

@frog3101 I hope your daughter gets a voice in things after she sees the therapist. I believe teens should be able to say how they feel and why.

I went to the new office we will be moving to just to get some mail. The person who runs the mail room is the only one there right now and there aren't any computers or phones. She communicates with her cell phone. She stays there all day with not much to do right now. We ended up talking for about an hour which was nice. We usually talk when I am in the office anyway so we had a nice time.

My PCP is retiring so I found another doctor closer to the condo who was accepting patients. There are very few of those doctors. I was talking with my supervisor today and told her about it. She told me she has a wonderful PCP she really likes who is nonjudgmental, prefers to try lifestyle changes before meds, and really listens to patients. I like having a personal reference to a doctor as I have had so many bad experiences with doctors. This doctor is closer to the condo than the other one and is in the same hospital system. So, I canceled with the one I first picked because it was the only choice I had and booked with this doctor. I feel relieved to be honest. I was not feeling the best about my first choice because I really had no idea what she was like. Now at least I feel like there is a chance I will be at least comfortable with this doctor. I have been anxious about this since I got the letter but after making this new appt I feel a bit less anxious.

It is a nice day here today. I actually had to change out of shorts into long pants after walking this morning as I was cold. It is 76 now and breezy. Such a nice change.

Have a good evening.

Pitch black outside here, and its thundering like crazy

Handyman had no issues returning the wrong door and getting the right one,,guy even helped him unload and reload them. Then he told them that they inconvenienced him by having to pick up the wrong door..come here to remeasure to make sure it wasn't what we ordered, and driving back there today to get the other one. So they gave it to us for the same price as the other one. I ended up paying $325 for an almost $460 door,,being in our pocket is better than it being in theirs,,lol He said both that guy, and the mill work manager, and the store manager all apologized for the mistake. Which was nice of them to do, I think

Pitch black outside here, and its thundering like crazy

Handyman had no issues returning the wrong door and getting the right one,,guy even helped him unload and reload them. Then he told them that they inconvenienced him by having to pick up the wrong door..come here to remeasure to make sure it wasn't what we ordered, and driving back there today to get the other one. So they gave it to us for the same price as the other one. I ended up paying $325 for an almost $460 door,,being in our pocket is better than it being in theirs,,lol He said both that guy, and the mill work manager, and the store manager all apologized for the mistake. Which was nice of them to do, I think

Cool, I'm glad they made it right.

Our new pellet stove for the basement arrived today, I guess we need to find a new home for the wood burning stove we have. And I need to get a flat/pallet/whatever of pellets...I wonder how many I'll need?

You can send me some pitch black and thunder! I'm about to leave the office - feeling like crap, I think the chicken salad we had at lunch might have been a bit off it's game???? Although my husband had it and he's feeling fine? Who knows -

Snowysmom, so glad you got to visit with the kind💌room lady. Praise God! He leads us always in His time and perfect way! Is there a way for you to arrange a brief meet with the new doctor before your actual appointment so you could first meet ahead of time? That has been helpful to me in the past and was with my dentist. How lovely your weather sounds. Enjoy it perhaps in the gazebo🌻

Yikes and please stay safe, Lynn⛈️ 🚪:cheer2:

Much🙏Easyas that you get 🏠safely and smoothly and are able to relax and feel much better quick. Thinking of you!

Taz, much prayer all is brighter out there for your DD and grandson, and always you, this afternoon! 🌸

All is warm and quiet around here aside from our upstairs neighbor. No mail yet. Dad did just see a mail 🚚 across the street. Tomorrow I am expecting a pair of lightweight pajama pants from Amazon. I hope I like them. Even for me, wearing fleecy bottoms right now during the day is too hot.

Keep cool, friends, and be well!

The weather guy said we have a Sahara dust storm blowing in, and that causes our temps and humidity to drop, or some such nonsense.
That Saharan dust!! It makes the air nasty and hard to breathe for those with breathing issues. Yuck!
and tomorrow is mac n cheese w/ground beef and peas or corn added and topped with some cracker crumbs (in this case, cheesy goldfish) and baked (my mom called it lazy day casserole, lol).
That sounds like my kind of meal! That sounds a lot like my Cheeseburger Macaroni recipe. I'll have to try it that way.

I’m a brand new member and was perusing this board while recovering from COVID after a wonderful trip to Maui. So happy to see all for his fun day to day positivity and support!
Welcome!
I do remember y’all in my daily prayers, and am asking some for a neighbor, Mary.
Prayers for both you and your friend.

I could go for a scrapple sandwich on toast, just a touch of butter with a over medium egg.
I had to look up scrapple, never had it only heard of it. I would give it a try.
My PCP is retiring so I found another doctor closer to the condo who was accepting patients. There are very few of those doctors. I was talking with my supervisor today and told her about it. She told me she has a wonderful PCP she really likes who is nonjudgmental, prefers to try lifestyle changes before meds, and really listens to patients. I like having a personal reference to a doctor as I have had so many bad experiences with doctors.
I hope that this doctor works out for you. I prefer references also instead of cold calling if possible. And it gets harder to find a doctor as we get older too especially ones that will accept Medicare.
Glad you finally got a door and for a deal also even though there was some stress involved.

We got our Medicare cards in the mail this week. We won't need them until October so our next item on the agenda is decided which part we need besides A & B and the supplement. Anyone have any thoughts on regular Medicare vs Medicare Advantage?

I took Lil Joe to meet his new teacher last night. She seems really nice and he is looking forward to starting first grade in his new school.

We actually got a little rain! We've had thunder and lightening along with it. It's been 67 days since it has officially rained.

Just a brief update. It was a busy day.

My daughter took my grandson to the pediatrician this morning. We THINK he is OK. Every time the dr. asked him does this hurt, he said yes. He heard us talking last night that they would probably hurt more today, and we think he was thinking about that. To be on the safe side the dr. said no sports, he plays football, until next Monday. Kids bounce back much better. My daughter is not as lucky. She was diagnosed with a whiplash injury and lower back strain. Urgent Care did a whole work up including checking for blood in her urine since some of her pain in her back was right where the kidneys are. Thankfully that was negative. They prescribed a muscle relaxer as needed and said to take it easy on OTC pain relief. She has an autoimmune disorder that causes her platelets to drop, and they want her to be cautious. Of course, the pharmacy was out of the muscle relaxers, so she has to wait til tomorrow with her back spasming. Her neighbor is also her mechanic, and he checked the car. There is more damage than she thought. The bumper definitely needs to be replaced and the muffler was dinged that he could see without putting it on a lift. I told her to go to the body shop I used a couple of years ago when I was side swiped. They did a great job and guarantee the work for the life of the car. She needs a full work up for the insurance company anyway and this place was thorough. They are nationwide also so if she is traveling and has an issue she can go to any location.

She told me that I didn't need to worry because she can take care of herself. I responded that she may be in her 30's with children of her own but that she will ALWAYS be my baby and I will worry. I thought the jeep was overkill when she bought it last year, but I am so thankful she did. The outcome would have been so much worse than it was.

I'll catch up tomorrow, hope you all have a good night and thank you so much for the prayers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter