Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

do hope you find some.
Got some!
So when I went to stand up I grabbed at the side of the van. Not soon enough. Stumbled backwards and fell, hurting my left shoulder and neck area
Dang, that stinks. Hope you are feeling better soon and enjoy your trip!
She told DH and I that after living with us she will definitely use paper plates and throw away cups when she moves out.
I've got paper plates & plasticware on my list to get for my niece when she stays at our house while we are gone, so she doesn't have to worry over dishes.
A few minutes later there was a knock and it was 2 of the recreation staff castmembers bringing cute gifts for the girls.
Oh, how nice!
Its 28 outside going to mid 30's again. I for one will be glad when winter leaves!
Around about the end of January I'm starting to have the same thoughts! Did I get some pleasant cold days? Some snow? yup, check and check. It can be late spring now :flower3: ! Unfortunately I still have February, March to get thru and April, too before my late spring shows up! I guess that is why we gravitated towards traveling someplace warmer in January or February. Speaking of spring....I was in both Lowes & Wally World yesterday and they both had big displays of seeds and the gear to start your stuff inside on display already. And Easter stuff, which according to my rudimentary reckoning is still just a bit less than 3 months away!

Hope everyone is having a nice morning. Our dog is still out of sorts, and refused to stay outside this morning. He started eating the gate again and trying to push his way thru the rail. I put him in the basement with the TV on...God I hope he doesn't eat my couch or tear anything up out of frustration. I've never kept him in the basement before, although he has willingly gone down there and spent the day sleeping down there. He's usually 100% trustworthy in the house (outside of anyone leaving the trash can open or food on the counter) but on Monday mid-mornings I have some regularly scheduled people at the house to do some work and he needs to be out of the way. What a bugger - he's in need of companionship during the day and misses his brother and the comfort of another dog.

Speaking of Lowes, I need to pop up there, I have to return some air filters- bought the wrong size. But first I need to work on my two upcoming safety meetings this week.

Good Monday morning :wave2:

Getting a late start this morning. I ended up sleeping almost 14 hours last night, trying to recover from working so much over the weekend.

I did catch the football games, I know a lot of you don't follow football. My Bengals are moving on! :tigger: I was really hoping to see the Buccs and the Bills move on but unfortunately they aren't. I also hope Tom Brady doesn't retire until the end of next season. He's an incredible quarterback and I enjoy watching him, but I do know he's getting older and would like to spend more time with his family.

Trying to get caught up on work since I slept longer this morning. Luckily there wasn't anything that needed my attention until a little later and I was up in time for the meeting I needed to attend.

It's cold here today so I'm going to make chili tonight. Normally when I make chili, it's Cincinnati chili over spaghetti with cheese and onions, but tonight I'm going with a pot of chili and some cornbread.

Hope everyone has a good day today! :jester:

Good Morning 🐥

Frog, what a kind post as always. Thank you for telling us about Jason. I didn’t “know” him but was very aware of his presence on these forums. Indeed he came across as a genuine and fun guy. Prayers for his family and to you and his other friends. So sweet of you to as a QOTD in his memory and honor. He must be smiling at that from Heaven :)

Hug, Judique, take care of yourself! I also pray your trip isn’t impacted by your injury. Aw, God Bless those two kind CM’s! What a wonderful surprise for the two girls and truly lifelong memory for them both as well. I love hearing stories of kind cheer!

So thankful your DS is doing better, Pea. I admit to not being much into sports period but agree with you that I also prefer baseball to Football. I wish you a peaceful, brighter week! Definitely too much loss and general heartbreak indeed these days. But also so very much joy in each day! I know checking in to our thread each morning and finding shares from Quacker family members such as yourself, sure brings me a smile and extra thanks to God.

Cute snow bear, Lynn! I hope both your and Mr L’s teams played a good game. Extra hug. Sounds like you may have known Jason a bit more. I do remember whenever there was a Christmas carol thread he “liked” my preferences of traditional songs. He also in general seemed to so try to keep a positive and fun spirit on these forums. I appreciated his doing that. I’ll go check out his thread.

PollyannaMom, and how did I love Dirty Dancing and Patrick Swayze as a teen and young adult! I watched that movie so very many times! It didn’t all sit with my beliefs or experiences but it was plain FUN and wow was Patrick handsome! I do remember in later high school at a youth retreat I attended meeting a guy who was a year older than I was. I fell head over heels for him and in a much more innocent way, felt like the week we had together was “the time of my life.” Good memory. That is so cool your HS put on a DD play. Were you in it? :)

I’m still sorry about your cruise postponement, Carol. ITA that now is definitely not a safe time to be cruising. From the little I have read of Jason’s posts, ITA with you. I hope you are continuing to feel better, too. Thank you for sharing the link for Snowysmom.
Waving Hi and welcome to you, Hhisc16.

Glad you got your Colgate, Easyas! It’s amazing how Covid time has truly brought us all true appreciation of being able to get even the smallest items such as toothpaste! Doggie prayers and always you prayers as well.

Hooray for extra sleep, Footballmouse. I’m happy your Bengals did so well, too.

I pray, Snowysmom simply knows we all love and are here for her. Thank you all for reinforcing that this morning! Extra morning hug to you, dear Snowysmom!

QOTD: Is there a song or songs that “take you back” to a special/fun/memorable time or event? I've (as always) enjoyed reading each of your replies. Our QOTD's do connect us in an extra way :) I recently shared "We Are Not Alone," which thinking about definitely took me back to some very blessed and happy times with the church choir. I miss those days. Our former choir director absolutely helped connect us a church choir family singing to the Lord. Special years for sure. God often places hymns and other songs of praise into my heart. A blessing for me of extra reflective time with Him. I also do remember as a kid liking a lot of movie soundtrack songs and TV show theme songs such as from Family Ties.

🌸:hug: to all!

PollyannaMom, and how did I love Dirty Dancing and Patrick Swayze as a teen and young adult! I watched that movie so very many times! It didn’t all sit with my beliefs or experiences but it was plain FUN and wow was Patrick handsome! I do remember in later high school at a youth retreat I attended meeting a guy who was a year older than I was. I fell head over heels for him and in a much more innocent way, felt like the week we had together was “the time of my life.” Good memory. That is so cool your HS put on a DD play. Were you in it? :)

Oh, the play wasn't Dirty Dancing! (That would never have been allowed!) I was just saying that we had a cast party after, and were listening to popular music of the time. (Though I do like that movie, too!)

The play was the much more traditional Camelot, and I loved it!! I was in it, as a random lady of the court. (I'm a decent actor, but a rotten singer, so no starring roles for me. :laughing: ) But it was still a ton of fun, and it really brought our class together in ways that other things hadn't. - People who hadn't been part of the same "cliques" became friends.

LOL, now that you posted that, PollyannaMom, I would hope DD would not be allowed as a HS play! I would have as a parent absolutely not been pleased about that idea at all! No way. I never, ever, meant to suggest earlier to any of you that I was okay with that idea at all. True not thinking, early morning fuzzy brain moment! That did just bring back a memory of a HS choir show I was in. I do remember letting the choir teacher exactly what I thought of a very risque selection and how not appropriate in any way that was let alone the acting out some of the lyrics that was the original intents. That was a shocker to young me!

Officially tested positive for COVID and now I'm out of work for a week. Welp, time to catch up on my shows and movies!

Yuck. I found quarantine to be extremely boring, so I hope yours goes thru and you are feeling fine!

Well - the cruise we were going to postpone? Well things are starting to shift again so now we are back in wait and see mode vs. reschedule mode. Pretty much we had two conditions we were not going to cruise under, and they've just eliminated one of them. huh, maybe we might actually get to go after all this spring. A girl can dream, can't she?!

Dog somehow survived slumming it in a fully furnished basement with the big screen on (he watches BBCA during the day) and didn't eat anything he wasn't supposed to, so whew! for that at least.

@Dead2009---Sorry to hear you tested positive. My stepdaughter tested positive on Friday, she was feeling really horrible, but today she says she is almost feeing back to 100%, so hopefully you will be feeling better soon..

To those of you who remember Jason (PopDaddy, LowKey) ..if you all go and read a post by a new member, Key-Note, who was a friend of Jason in real life, you might get more into insight into the kind of person he was. It made me cry all over again

Sweatpeama, does your 4-H have a county teen council? My daughter seems to think she wants to join ours. It’s been “defunct” for a few years, but they are trying to get it back going again. I think she will enjoy it if they are able to find enough kids who want to
articulate.

In my county any member is welcome to attend any of the council as well as the committee meetings and the older members are encouraged to do so. There is also a teen/junior leaders group as well as county youth 4-H ambassadors and the state ambassadors which have some fairly strict requirements just to apply I tried to copy them from the attatchment sent as part of the email but it won't let me. If you would like to see them feel free to shoot me a private message with your email address and I can forward them to you that way.

Thank you for the link to low key's thread. I was so sad to read this. He was so funny and a character.

Also, thank you for the link to the thread regarding the recent widow. I did post what I find helpful. My heart goes out to her as it is so heartbreaking.

My younger DS sent a picture of my DGD and DGS with their stuffed dogs. He said they love them so much. My younger DS has been so helpful with talking with me when I am having a bad day, looking at and analyzing my finances, and being at the house when people come to pick up stuff or clean. He knows I don't want to be alone with them. He can make me feel a bit less anxious just like Chris could. Older DS is so busy with work and family that I only see him a little bit each day even though I am staying with them. He has been helping at the house too but he works some weekends. He grieves in a different way than I do or even younger DS does. We all have our way and our timeline. Both sons have been very helpful and I am fortunate.

I had a meeting with my new boss today. We have worked together for 14 years so know each other well. It was a good meeting and she talked about coming back full time. I will probably do that is stages such as 35 hours a week after Feb and 40 hours a week when things are a bit more settled with the house and living arrangements. She does understand which is nice.

Have a nice evening.

Thank you for so courageously and kindly choosing to post on that thread, Snowysmom. You made a difference to her and others by doing so, my friend. :grouphug:so glad your new boss is someone you know who is also understanding, as she should be! God Bless your DS and grandkids, of course, too. Remember, always, all of us care too!

Do any of you know how to make a PDF emailed attachment and PDF internet image print out much bigger? By God's true Grace, I received the last needed state of West Virginia from two people. The first person emailed me a pdf attachment. The puzzle and cluses printed out TEENY :( The second person, who lives in CO, found a free WV puzzle in a university paper it looks like. The puzzle part on this printed out fine but the clues are TEENY. I did enlarge both as much as would allow in the print preview to where it still showed the entire puzzle. Of course on the first, from the actual WV resident, the puzzle is on a page with a ton of other stuff. No way to just print out the puzzle so perhaps that's why it was extra tiny, too. I'd appreciate some Quacker help with this! Thank you, friends :)

No snail mail here yet. Did get Amazon delivery.

Peace to all of you always and cozy good evening wishes, too! :)

Do any of you know how to make a PDF emailed attachment and PDF internet image print out much bigger? By God's true Grace, I received the last needed state of West Virginia from two people. The first person emailed me a pdf attachment. The puzzle and cluses printed out TEENY :( The second person, who lives in CO, found a free WV puzzle in a university paper it looks like. The puzzle part on this printed out fine but the clues are TEENY. I did enlarge both as much as would allow in the print preview to where it still showed the entire puzzle. Of course on the first, from the actual WV resident, the puzzle is on a page with a ton of other stuff. No way to just print out the puzzle so perhaps that's why it was extra tiny, too. I'd appreciate some Quacker help with this! Thank you, friends :)

Feel free to e-mail the PDF if you'd like, and I'll try to play around with it. (You have my e-mail from the book illustrations.) No promises, of course, but I'd be happy to give it a go.

QOTD: Is there a song or songs that “take you back” to a special/fun/memorable time or event?

I recall either myself or my (then future) husband had a Tesla CD when we were dating and every time I hear one of their songs it brings me back to that time.
She does understand which is nice.
That's quite nice, having a boss that gets your situation. I'm glad you aren't feeling pressured.

Youngest was able to pop home - so I made him a steak & roasted potatoes w/ garlic bread. We were discussing the whole Ukraine situation with him, doesn't sound great. His job, well it is always possible it puts him in the situation, though not really in physical danger. He's working on things in the middle east now, but I still worry. Still - he's here, he's safe and honestly it's more that some parents have at the moment so I just try to remember how lucky we are. I just hope he's not traumatized by what he is involved with / sees/knows about.

Dinner was good. Tomorrow will be fresh Rockfish as my seafood gal will be bringing it by with the crab cakes and crab meat I ordered for my parents and will take down to them on Friday.

YAWN - welp, goodnight one & all. Have a great evening everyone-

Is there a song or songs that “take you back” to a special/fun/memorable time or event?
Black Water by The Doobie Brothers was the first song that came to mind. It reminds me of my senior year of high school driving along singing to the radio.

I remember Pop Daddy/Low Key but never connected he was one and the same. I sort of stopped coming to the DIS about the time he switched over.

It's cold here today so I'm going to make chili tonight. Normally when I make chili, it's Cincinnati chili over spaghetti with cheese and onions, but tonight I'm going with a pot of chili and some cornbread.
DH prefers eating chili over spaghetti. He ate it that way at Steak N Shake a couple of years ago and hasn't gone back. What all does Cincinnati chili call for?

Officially tested positive for COVID and now I'm out of work for a week. Welp, time to catch up on my shows and movies!
I pray that you have a light case.

To those of you who remember Jason (PopDaddy, LowKey) ..if you all go and read a post by a new member, Key-Note, who was a friend of Jason in real life, you might get more into insight into the kind of person he was. It made me cry all over again
I saw it earlier today. Was nice of her to let us know what happened.

I've had a decent day today. Felt some fatigue about mid day so lay down for awhile. I was able to work some in the office. Had tax stuff to do and get out in the mail. DH mailed it all for me.

Lil Joe somehow found the panic button on Carol's phone and I got an emergency alert from her then a "we're okay" text after school was out. She had to call the county police to let them know it was a false alarm. Talk about excitement.

Dinner tonight was spaghetti, steamed broccoli and Italian Salad by Taylor Farms. I've been real pleased with the Taylor Farms prepared salads that Kroger has been offering. The lettuce has been real fresh even at/or past the expiration date. The broccoli tonight was a five pound freezer bag with five one pound individual bags inside that I got at Costco. The broccoli was so good. I'll definitely be getting that again.

hi folks....just edging into the middle of my Yuma summer....way too many tasks to do and see...a little on the cool side and needing blankets around the knees but all the northerner visitors loving the the chairs in the sun and the 100 palm trees....and to rub it in....fresh curtis citrus picked and squeezed juice. A toast to you all and don't forget to spit out the seeds!!!!!!!

Ugh.... I'm so behind again but I've been sick but thankfully finally feeling way better. Not Covid but a pretty bad cold, maybe the flu :confused3....unless it was a false negative but thankfully no one else has been sick so I'm guessing it was right. No fever, just severe cold symptoms and really tired. I've been quarantining myself to the room, anyway, just in case. I think I slept all day Thursday/Friday, maybe even Saturday too, it's a blur...lol and have just been resting since then. Messed up going on DHs work trip but oh well, there's always next time.

I'll try and go back and catch up but I'll probably just be starting from now.

Ugh.... I'm so behind again but I've been sick but thankfully finally feeling way better. Not Covid but a pretty bad cold, maybe the flu :confused3....unless it was a false negative but thankfully no one else has been sick so I'm guessing it was right. No fever, just severe cold symptoms and really tired. I've been quarantining myself to the room, anyway, just in case. I think I slept all day Thursday/Friday, maybe even Saturday too, it's a blur...lol and have just been resting since then. Messed up going on DHs work trip but oh well, there's always next time.

I'll try and go back and catch up but I'll probably just be starting from now.
Those sound just like the symptoms I have had except I ran a low grade fever for a couple of days. Take care!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter