Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

@Snowysmom, I love those dogs!

Me too - they came out so cute, and I think they're such a sweet idea.

And I'm with you on hoping we get less snow rather than more. Our snowblower is sort of half working right now - one blade is turning, but not the other side. Left a message for the "small engine guy" and haven't heard back yet - but even if he can fix it, I don't see it being done that quickly.

I just ordered one of those peddler exercise machines for under a desk.
Oh! Let me know how you find it. Husband has been thinking of getting one for his office.
Where do you get that? I need your “fish gal.” DH has been wanting a whole fresh fish for a while.
She's from Grasonville, and delivers up here and also does some farmers markets. I'll send you the link tomorrow.
I am still hoping the snow storm goes more out over the ocean than inland.
I hope so as well...we are supposed to be on the road Friday afternoon/evening headed south and going right into it. Right now we are watching it and have rough plans to leave early Friday morning instead now, in hopes of getting south of it before it turns to snow. So now of course I feel rushed, because I planned to spend Friday morning cleaning the house, packing and whatnot. Not going to be able to do that if we leave at 5 in the morning.
I attached a picture of some of the dogs made from Chris' shirts. My dog is the blue one.
Those look wonderful! What a great idea.

I go to pick up our pup in his urn tomorrow afternoon. He then goes in the closet with our other pups we've not yet have the intestinal fortitude to put in the pet cemetery. But we are going to change our tune when we get back from Florida. It's time.

Saw the two barn cats this morning, running & playing as they went down the lane between the barns, around a field and down towards the water. We don't see them daily, or even weekly but they make themselves known every once in a while. And come into the barn to eat on the dry cat food and deer scraps my husband leaves them, and they have beds up in the hay loft like proper barn cats. I like to get a sighting of them every once in a while. I say 2, we had three but I haven't seen that one in a while, though it's entirely possible he/she took up residence in one of the neighboring farms barns.

Anyone watching Around the World in 80 Days on PBS? We are behind 2 episodes but are recording and watching when we can. Watching one right now, it's pretty good.

Take care one and all - have a good evening.

My song is We've Only Just Begun by the Carpenters. Chris and I danced to it at our wedding. I really liked the Carpenters music and this was one of my favorites.
The Carpenters are one of my all time favorite groups to listen to. I still have an album of theirs that I just about wore out listening to.

Did you try the Kroger cocoa? :)
Not yet, I need to put it on my grocery list. I should go do that now!

I attached a picture of some of the dogs made from Chris' shirts. My dog is the blue one.View attachment 641952
I love those dogs!

A better day than yesterday for me, not at tired but do have a headache tonight. Worked in the office for awhile and got payroll done. Did some invoicing and answered our accountants questions about some paperwork for taxes.

Dinner tonight was tacos or taco salad, whichever we preferred.

Happy Wednesday :sunny:

Took a couple of boxes over to Ds1 so he could put them outside around his work. He usually sees cats laying under the landscaping trailers. He said he has hay to put inside. I visited with their cats for a while, he's moving in with his dad (my ex) at the end of February to save some money. Him and his wife decided to build so they've been looking for some land. Once they move in with his dad, I won't be visiting the cats.

Chilled at the house and watched TV last night. I should have cleaned up the house, I have an electrician coming at 4:00 today but I figured I could straighten up when I get home from work. I came in a little early this morning so I can leave earlier.

easyas123 - I tried watching that show but couldn't get into it.

Breezey_Carol - I also used black beans in my chili this last time. I didn't have the normal chili beans so I just dumped the black beans in. I could barely taste them.

Back to work, everyone have a great day! :cutie:

Good Morning all!

I just stepped out on the landing to gaze at the marina and listen to a very chatty squirrel. It's 48 degrees right now and going up to 57 this afternoon. I'll be unhappy to leave here tomorrow, but maybe I'll come back to the island in February if the snow keeps hitting my state.

A few boats still have some colored Christmas lights on them. I always enjoy seeing that as it is nostalgic for me, as it was a long time Navy Christmas tradition (at least in the old days) and I was a Navy wife for so many years. Seawater may be in my veins also as father and grandfather always kept boats and great grandfather was a ship's captain way back when.

The girls are sleeping peacefully. They picked up all the toys last night and stashed them on the sofa and coffee table, so I wouldn't step on them. Then I cleaned and cut up a carton of strawberries and said enjoy. They ate the whole bowl, but it really was just the small box so not too many.

This morning I'm going to make them an egg breakfast and I have to get creative with that.

Later on I will pack up the van with most of our stuff, and wash all the clothing that has been worn. Then when they get home only travel clothes will need cleaning.

I think I'll give them some pool time in the afternoon. The van will need gas but I'll do Sam's Club on the way out tomorrow. Early this week I stopped by Auto Zone and bought windshield wipers. I had tried to use the old ones on the way down and they were less than useless. We had barely driven this van in the last year and a half. Just enough to keep it functional, but people rarely turn on wipers unless it is raining or snowing when they are driving, so I didn't notice.

Hope all are well! I did look to see if there were any rooms to extend my stay a few extra days through the weekend, but no, all rooms seem to be taken on the website. Lots of hotel rooms on the island, and I have lots of hotel points, but with the girls, the villa is so much nicer. I think I've spoiled myself.

Everyone stay safe and well! @easyas123 - have a safe ride! If you leave Friday morning I'll probably pass you somewhere in Virginia if that's how you go.

Good morning all. For now, they say we might get an inch of snow overnite on Friday, and then nothing else out of the storm, and they better be right!

Today is grocery and errand day, already took trash down, fed cats and birds, and did the dishes.

Have a good day everyone!R.jpg

Hey everyone, hope you are having a good morning.

Up early this AM, for no particular reason than just woke up early. But was able to get into the office early which was nice except now I feel like I've been here for hours yet it's only 9 AM :rolleyes: I've got to run to the bank at some point, and then I'm leaving a bit early for a appt. this afternoon. After that appt. I need to stop by the grocery store for a few items for my niece. Since we've rearranged our travel schedule we've got a boatload of stuff to tend to this evening once I get home. Going to do simple BLT's for dinner.

Everyone stay safe and well! @easyas123 - have a safe ride! If you leave Friday morning I'll probably pass you somewhere in Virginia if that's how you go.
Thank you! We've decided to get out of town early Friday morning in order to get down below the storm before it hits the Carolinas. Not bothered by driving in a bit of snow, but don't fancy doing it with folks who maybe are not used to it or chancing getting stuck on 95 for hours as they plow or worse, if there is a accident. Luckily we have the flexibility to leave when we want. We are driving because we are taking one of my parents cars down to them and picking up another car we just got and bringing it home in-between a quick WDW trip. Looking forward to a few days in warmer temps!
already took trash down
I did the same this morning. Our dumpster gets dumped early (sorry neighbors!) Thursday morning so I'm always scampering around on Wednesday making sure I get all the trash in there!

Good morning.

@Judique and @easyas123, safe travels.

I wouldn't mind a good snowstorm but I don't think we are getting this one.

We got our meal last night and it was so good. And so big. At first we thought $30 per person was a little steep, but then we saw the amount of food and leftovers and it was a deal. Here is the menu for the 3 for $30 deal.

First Course (choice of one)
Burrata Cheese Board
Shrimp & Garlic Sausage Saute
Second Course (choice of one)
Blackened Mahi: topped with pineapple salsa with dirty rice and veg de jour
Homestyle Meatloaf: think sliced, topped with marinara and parmesan cheese, with garlic mashed potatoes and veg du jour
Third Course (choice of one)
Ice Cream Bowl
Salted Caramel Crunch Cake

I had the cheese board that included crostini, grapes, nuts, and honey. Then mahi which also had delicious corn bread. DH had the shrimp and sausage which included a small loaf of bread and had at least 12 shrimp. It was big enough to be a meal in itself. Then he had meatloaf which also had corn bread. He only ate half of the huge piece of meatloaf. We both had the cake for dessert. All so good.

Today we are going to the outlets in Lancaster. DH looking for a sport coat and I am looking for a top for the shower.

Tonight's dinner is the turkey burgers I defrosted for yesterday with zucchini and sweet potato. And I have a Zoom book club meeting.

Sunny and 28, but feels cold. Geez, I had to get my Eliquis at CVS today. The $804 charge had the fraud department block my card. I went to Aldi's, used my card for a whole $29 purchase..and it was declined. Embarassing. Had the banks phone # in my cell phone so called and asked what the heck was going on. She looked and asked me to verify the CVS purchase was that large. I said yes, and it made me sick to pay it (but at least my whole deductible is paid, along with making us the 3% of gross adjusted income so I will get it free the rest of the year). She unblocked my card, notified the fraud department that it wasn't fraudulent..and waited on the phone while I went through the register and had no problems with the card. Pain in the butt,,but it's nice that they were on top of it. She said normally people don't spend that kind of money at CVS.

Aldi's was pretty empty..noone at the register but me at 10:00
Walmart was busy but not crowded. I got the last 6 cans of Special Kitty cat food on the shelf..literally there wasn't another can of any kind of cat food on the shelves, but the dog food was full..makes no sense to me. The french fry /frozen potato section was empty again, but the ice cream was full. There was plenty of pasta sauce, but only a few boxes of their brand of dry pasta. Meat dept was full, as was the produce section.

Everything is put away, but I must have pulled a muscle in the front of my left thigh, because it hurts like heck!

Have a nice afternoon all

:hug:Lynn, I'm sorry you had that experience plus yikes to the cost :( Oh no. Then extra you take care this afternoon, please!

It's cooler here today, too but not like for most of you☃ I pray you all are staying warm and well out there and safe on the roads.

Back to my 📰puzzle project for dad. I'm looking forward to seeing Terri and Barbara Ann within the hour :)

Have a great rest of the afternoon, friends.

Wow! Prescription drugs are way too high. That is an insane amount of money for a medication that many people need. There should be something done about that but everything is about money. It is appalling.

@flyingdumbo127. I am glad your crossword puzzle project is so successful. Your Dad is going to love it.

Judique It sounds like you are having a nice getaway. Have fun with the grandkids.

I went to the house and took out the trash, shoveled the walkway with the dusting of snow we got a couple of days ago. The driveway is ice so I put down some ice melt. Younger DS and I have to be at the house Friday morning for the junk pickup and I don't want anyone to fall. I filled the bird feeder. A fat squirrel gets all the seed on one side of the feeder by hanging upside down by his feet and swinging over to the feeder. It is so funny to watch. I don't mind as he needs to eat too plus he gets alot on the ground for little birdies and other squirrels.

Tomorrow I have a meeting with my financial person. We have another meeting next week which will include by younger DS. That one will be the decision making one I believe. We can compare the analysis my son did with the one they do. I am so over all this. I told the therapist yesterday that I do not have the emotional, mental, or physical energy any more to do this stuff. Plus I have an anniversary date coming up. Feb 1 is the 47th anniversary of our first date. Chris and I always went out to dinner and I got flowers. That will be tough. Then of course Valentine's Day will be another one. We always went out that night too and got each other candy. I bought cards for Chris for both days and I am going to write alot on them about how I feel. We'll see how that goes. I am thinking of getting flowers for Feb 1 and just having them in the kitchen at older DS's house. I will see how I feel that day.

Have a nice evening.

Good morning.

@Judique and @easyas123, safe travels.

I wouldn't mind a good snowstorm but I don't think we are getting this one.

We got our meal last night and it was so good. And so big. At first we thought $30 per person was a little steep, but then we saw the amount of food and leftovers and it was a deal. Here is the menu for the 3 for $30 deal.

First Course (choice of one)
Burrata Cheese Board
Shrimp & Garlic Sausage Saute
Second Course (choice of one)
Blackened Mahi: topped with pineapple salsa with dirty rice and veg de jour
Homestyle Meatloaf: think sliced, topped with marinara and parmesan cheese, with garlic mashed potatoes and veg du jour
Third Course (choice of one)
Ice Cream Bowl
Salted Caramel Crunch Cake

I had the cheese board that included crostini, grapes, nuts, and honey. Then mahi which also had delicious corn bread. DH had the shrimp and sausage which included a small loaf of bread and had at least 12 shrimp. It was big enough to be a meal in itself. Then he had meatloaf which also had corn bread. He only ate half of the huge piece of meatloaf. We both had the cake for dessert. All so good.

Today we are going to the outlets in Lancaster. DH looking for a sport coat and I am looking for a top for the shower.

Tonight's dinner is the turkey burgers I defrosted for yesterday with zucchini and sweet potato. And I have a Zoom book club meeting.

I hope we don't get any storm up in Maryland, but it will probably hit somewhere I'm traveling through at some point, so my goal is to get north of it and home, if in fact it does hit the Carolinas and Virginia. Same as @easyas123 , just in reverse!

And, I share the same idea - don't want to be around people who can't drive or are driving cars that shouldn't be on the road in ice and snow. It also struck me that with a smaller volume of traffic on the roads south, that they stayed wet, unlike the area I live in where things clear up pretty fast.

I'm doing gourmet here - beans and weiners for the girls. It's really hard to find things they will eat. I'm tired of chicken nuggets and mac and cheese. They may not eat this either, but they do like hot dogs so maybe that at least.

We had some success at the outlets. DH was looking for a sports coat and found what he wanted. I wanted a new blouse for the shower and found one on sale at Chico's and also got a nice tank top for the summer. Then we went to Reading Glass and I got a new electric can opener. Got CFA for lunch then drove home by way of the Strasburg Railroad. For Christmas, we gave DD and family a promise of taking them all on it this spring.

The drive through the PA countryside is always so pretty that it is worth it for the scenery.

Zoom meeting them The Amazing Race. It is the one show I really look forward to.

We had some success at the outlets. DH was looking for a sports coat and found what he wanted. I wanted a new blouse for the shower and found one on sale at Chico's and also got a nice tank top for the summer. Then we went to Reading Glass and I got a new electric can opener. Got CFA for lunch then drove home by way of the Strasburg Railroad. For Christmas, we gave DD and family a promise of taking them all on it this spring.

The drive through the PA countryside is always so pretty that it is worth it for the scenery.

Zoom meeting them The Amazing Race. It is the one show I really look forward to.

Great that you found some tops that you liked.

I figured out today that I was missing 2 pairs of jeans that I thought I packed. Have no idea where they are. I've searched the van, called the Fairfield Inn that I stayed at on the way down and had a video call with my daughter back home so she could help me with looking at where I had them before leaving. Right now it appears they are gone.
Not new, but 2 pair that I liked, that actually fit and were cute (my own opinion).

Let me know how you like the cocoa, Kirby :)
I put it on my grocery list for pick up tomorrow.

Pleasantly quiet morning so far. - Woke up early and watched "This is Us" and am now enjoying my coffee with the DISboards. :surfweb:
I need to watch the last two episodes. I'm behind!

We had some success at the outlets. DH was looking for a sports coat and found what he wanted. I wanted a new blouse for the shower and found one on sale at Chico's and also got a nice tank top for the summer.
Weren't you the one that found a dress for a wedding not too long ago? Where did you find it? DD is looking for a dress for DS's wedding in May and not having any luck so far. It's a little early yet but it's best not to wait. I'm looking at a couple of dresses for myself and narrowed it down to two right now.

I have felt a lot better today except for my right eye has felt a little dry and irritated for the last two days. It's better tonight so I hope that's it. I don't think I have any eye drops, may have to get DH to get me some tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow, that's my last quarantine day. Yay!

Lou Lou was so cute today. She was watching Blippi and trying to help him find clues to whatever they were doing on tv. She was standing there yelling "Look down! Look down!". She was really into it.

Dinner tonight was fried shrimp, corn on the cob, some regular fries and some sweet potato fries. I had a bag each of the fries with maybe two helpings inside. Needed to free up some space in the freezer. DD's air fryer came in handy.

Was it ever an extra Blessing to see Barbara Ann this afternoon after 2 years, wow! She is a dear friend to me and it meant a lot. She got to re-meet my dad, of course, too. It was (as always) great to see Terri as well.

Thanks, Snowysmom. I also appreciate your feeding the cunny sounding squirrel, after all he is God’s creature, too. I like how you said that in turn the squirrel helps feed the birds. If ever you capture a picture of it, I’d enjoy seeing one. Big hug, my friend. It is more than okay to be done! I pray your meetings with the financial planner along with bigger take away of junk will be two of the last remaining more major steps, other than of course finding a new place. I extra pray that once those two things are done, you will feel added in peace in closure. I LOVE your idea of treating yourself to some flowers. If I lived near you, I’d leave some at your doorstep for you to find 💐 sometime in February.

Many safe travel home prayers, Judique. Thank you for helping to make such a memorable trip for the girls. Just read your updated post that you’re home for which I’m grateful. I am, of course, so sorry about the jeans and hope they turn up!

I Googled the Strasburg train, Carol. I hope you do get to take a Christmas trip on it and with your DD and her family. Taking a Christmas train ride with my dad out here is definitely on my post pandemic bucket list. Glad you had outlet success and a nice (I hope) lunch out, too.

I hope you enjoy it, Kirby. Aw precious Lulu, so cute!

Sweet Dreams, everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!