QSDP, anyone get it and not like it?

Dallas_Lady

I only work for the vacation money
Our last trip we ate almost entirely CS meals, with maybe 3 ADRs for the week. I didn't plan it that way, but with two little kids during the busy/hot summer, eating lighter meals on the go just worked. So I'm thinking of going QSDP for next June's trip and then paying OOP for character meals. Are there any QSDP fans out there or those who got it and regretted it?

After having the regular DDP 6 times we have now had the QSDP 3 times. I love it! I didn't have to make any ADRS or hurry to make it there on time. I did miss our fav. TS and I could have done them but we decided not to. We don't like to over plan our days so having the QSDP made things so much easier.

My DM especially like not having to worry about ADRS as she felt our trips were too planned around eating.
And I agree that with the heat eating lighter is great! And yes, you can eat light at TS but if you have a DDP you are (most ) likely going to get a bigger meal, and dessert, since you've paid for it.

Even with QSDP we have had many good meals. We have our own car and so going to other resorts and DTD is easy. We love WPE-it's a CS but eats like a TS.:)

We feel we wasted a lot of money, and we had it when it included 2 snacks. I would not buy it in its current format with just 2 CS and 1 snack, even with the refillable mug, we spend less money OOP. Most CS desserts are yuk. You will lilkely save money by paying OOP.

I agree that it's not worth paying OOP for. We've had both the DDP and QSDP.....only during FD though. Last trip it was a tough decision to go with QSDP over DDP but in the end we loved it. We knew that we would be hanging out at the pool a lot and not being tied to ressies was fantastic. I had done a lot of research before hand and knew where we were going to eat to be sure we got a nice variety. Only once did we have burgers(it was a 12 day trip) and that was what we actually wanted at that particular time.

Right now DH has the fall FD PIN and we were just talking about booking a trip in October. Most likely we will go with QSDP again. Although, I'm really not happy about the snacks being cut to 1. When it was 2 we could use 1 for breakfast and the second for an actual snack during the day. We did have about 15 or so left over at the end but we used them on packaged things to bring home. I'll really miss being able to do that....it's fun to have those snacks after going home.

This will be our 3rd trip with the QSDP. WE love it. I will say that we are there for 12 days and have a couple of TS meals planned. We just prefer not being on a schedule.

This will be our 3rd trip with the QSDP. WE love it. I will say that we are there for 12 days and have a couple of TS meals planned. We just prefer not being on a schedule.

Do you end up with any left over credits?

We've had the QSDP for our past 3 trips and we love it. However, we've always gone during free dining. I would not pay for it as we could definitely eat for less money OOP.

This makes me feel so much better. We are taking our first trip of any length that will be QSDP. We made 1 OOP rssie for CP as it is a tradition but otherwise QSDP. Like many others, we were planning everything around eating and I am curious to see how this will play out. (Especially with a 12 yr old who eats constantly! :lmao:)

I've never actually paid for a DP. I have gone through receipts to see what the actual value of our free dining is though. I personally don't think that the QSDP is worth the cost at all. You have to really put forth effort to even make it a wash, and you're eating desserts that you might not eat otherwise. My preference would be to eat lunch and have dessert a little later from a kiosk that has better options. So, as free dining it is awesome for my big family but not a good decision otherwise. We would spend less and eat exactly like we wanted without it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!