Protect, Destroy or Steal-Disneyland Edition

ImTooExcitedToSleep

DIS Veteran
Staff member
Hey there community board!

On the next DIS Unplugged: Disneyland Edition podcast we'll be playing a little game I like to call "Protect, Destroy or Steal".

The podcast team will have lots of opinions I'm sure, but I'd love to share some of yours.

Tell me what Disneyland Park attraction you'd like to:
PROTECT from destruction. Never, ever touch this ride.
DESTROY now, not later. Call in the bulldozers!
STEAL from another Disney Park. Where would it fit in Disneyland Park?

Remember, this is for Disneyland Park. We'll do a DCA version later on.

Go!

I might protect the Alice in Wonderland ride since it's the only one. I've always liked that ride, and I love it even more since the update.
Aside from rides, I would want to protect many of the wonderful musical performances I can find throughout the park, especially the swing dancing, the Dapper Dans, and the Main Street band and All-American college band.

I would bulldoze Captain Eo in a second.

I don't know what I would steal. I haven't been to other Disney parks yet.

I asked DS13 his opinion, and he would do the following:
Protect: Star Tours
Destroy: Innoventions
Steal: Expedition Everest since he's never been to WDW and wants to try it

ImTooExcitedToSleep said:
Hey there community board!

On the next DIS Unplugged: Disneyland Edition podcast we'll be playing a little game I like to call "Protect, Destroy or Steal".

The podcast team will have lots of opinions I'm sure, but I'd love to share some of yours.

Tell me what Disneyland Park attraction you'd like to:
PROTECT from destruction. Never, ever touch this ride.
DESTROY now, not later. Call in the bulldozers!
STEAL from another Disney Park. Where would it fit in Disneyland Park?

Remember, this is for Disneyland Park. We'll do a DCA version later on.

Go!

Great thread!

I would protect Big Thunder
I would destroy Astro Orbitors (not a fan and i feel like its in the way!)
I would steal Expedition Everest. We never rode it on our one trip to WDW many years ago and I think we would love it!

Protect Haunted Mansion
Destroy A lot of things actually... I'm really not a fan of those set-up meet and greets
Steal WDW's HM or Cinderella's Castle :laughing: Or Philharmagic... or Carousel of Progress... I can't choose! :faint:

Protect Haunted Mansion
Destroy A lot of things actually... I'm really not a fan of those set-up meet and greets
Steal WDW's HM or Cinderella's Castle :laughing: Or Philharmagic... or Carousel of Progress... I can't choose! :faint:
I just realized I chose to protect Haunted Mansion, but then also chose to replace it with WDW's HM :lmao:

I meant "Protect" as in never let it be completely replaced by something totally different. Updates are acceptable
RpPyQYb.gif

Protect Splash Mountain
Destroy Innoventions
Steal Expedition Everest. I guess because of it's size, you'd have to put it where Innoventions is, even though it doesn't match the theme of Tomorrowland. If we wanted to kinda follow themes, I'd destroy Nemo and Autopia and put EE there, but destroying 2 things is cheating. ;)

STEAL is such a harsh word, I would just like to recover MSEP(Main Street Electrical Parade)

I would Protect IASW - its an iconic attraction at DLR
I would Destroy Astro Orbitor - I never ride it. (I prefer to ride Dumbo instead, which is another iconic Disneyland attraction)
I am not sure what to steal, as I have not been to the parks outside of DL or DCA. But from what I have heard on the Dis, i think i would "Steal Back" the Main Street Electrical Parade. : )

I would like to suggest an additional selection: Resurrect! What one attraction from the past would you like to see back in the park?

I would:
Protect: Big Thunder Mountain
Destroy: Astro Blasters (I have never had that ride score hits for me)
Steal: I cannot say, as I have not been anywhere other than DLR
Resurrect: Either the People Mover, Mission to Mars or the Skyway

Protect Splash Mountain
Destroy Autopia (runners up would be Astro Orbiters and the submarines)
Steal (back) Main Street Electrical Parade

Protect: so many to choose from! Id say just about every original ride. But if I can choose just one, Pirates.

Destroy: maybe the Nightmare Before Christmas 3 month change of the Haunted Mansion

Replace: I'd like to see the Snow White ride from Disney World and put it in where the Snow White ride is now.

Resurrect: The Electrical Parade!!!! My childhood favorite! We went to see it one if the last years there in 2007 it was my husbands first time at Disneyland and my 3yr olds first trip we specifically drove there and went the that first day to see it and it got rained out. So bummed!

Protect: Haounted mansion
Destroy: The WOC viewing area as it is now
Replace with: The WOC viewing area from WDW
Steal: Bring back our electrical parade.

So many good ideas so far - it's hard to decide.

Protect: the original Haunted Mansion. Boo hiss on the NBC overlay

Destroy: the submarines. They've outlived their usefulness.

Steal: steal back our Main Street Electrical Parade.

Protect: Matterhorn

Destroy: Autopia ( for some type of Star Wars Ride)

Steal: WDW's entry to Star Tours

OK:
Protect the Tea Cups because it's my daughter's favorite attraction currently
Destroy Fantasmic and the Castle fireworks shows (sorry for cheating and for being heretical). Clogging up Disneyland during the night is so unWalt. We need to return to an old fashion Disney After Dark.
Steal the Country Bear Jambouree and return it to Disneyland.

PROTECT: Matterhorn. It's iconic and a Disneyland original & classic.

DESTROY: Innoventions. Make use of the spinning building at put in some kind of Star Wars experience. Put a life-size Millennium Falcon 2nd floor.

STEAL: Philharmagic from the Magic Kingdom. It should go somewhere in Toontown.

I would protect the Haunted Mansion til the very end!

I would destroy Winnie the Pooh. Wit out mercy.

I would steal the MSEP back to its proper home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts