Promo Ticket Question

Lion100

Earning My Ears
I am planning two trips to Universal over the next year and plan to purchase the annual season pass. Will I save any money if I purchase the Universal 3 day + 2 days free promo ticket through a thrid party (cheaper) then upgrade the ticket to an annual season pass once I get to the park?

What are the numbers ?
Present prices options?

last I looked preferred AP was at $400 + tax
I have not looked at the lower level AP costs yet

Third Party 3 Day + 2 Days Free Base Ticket (two park/February 25th) - $304.90
Universal Online 3 Day + 2 Days Free Base Ticket (two park/February 25th) - $310.97
Universal Online Annual Season Pass (two park)- $372.72

Also that assumes the AP prices don't increase before your first trip...
THIS! I figured I'd save $173 by buying through UT and then upgrading. But then saw that AP prices increased by $50 per person last year, our trip isn't until June, so I might end up like $20 ahead..... and that's if it stays with the $50 increase this year (but it'll probably be more because everything has gone up more).

I'm just buying A/P's instead before we go. It's not worth the hassle of having to stop at a ticket counter and upgrade, either. Not for that amount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter