Processional

Tandyc

Disney brings out the kid in me!
What are the times for the processional and where are the best viewing spots? How long before do we need to stake out a spot? Is it worth it? I’m intrigued by it but only have 3 days. I’d love all your expert thoughts.

I don’t know what will be allowed or what the protocol will be this year, but in years past members of the general public who wanted to snag one of the few general viewing spots were known to wait all day to secure their spot. It is not really an event set up for the general public to easily view.

They set up one way traffic control...we always had the best luck exiting from the park through the tunnels, back around the other side and back into the park...much fewer people on that side and we even got pulled in once to fill empty seats once the show was about to start!

Do we even know if it's really happening? I know it was kind of announced, but I haven't seen anything about the narrators or anything yet and it's just a week away. Unless I just missed the news! I saw the WDW announcements, but haven't seen much out of DLR. (And we're going to be there those nights and trying to plan AROUND it to avoid it.)

Yes it is happening. Narrator was announced (leaked?) earlier this week as Sterling K Brown.

DL Candlelight is technically a private event so there aren’t usually big announcements or public info but it’s has been confirmed for next weekend.

OP-assuming things work the same way they did pre-COVID it is possible to do standby viewing, especially if you are ok standing. If you want a seat there are a few benches around town square that you would have to get lucky enough to snag first thing in the morning and camp out on all day. But for standing, I was able to watch the second performance on Sunday in 2018 with about 2hrs waiting. You will queue on Main Street and eventually be let into the standing viewing areas around the outside of town square. I recommend the Opera House/Mr Lincoln side of town square so you would queue on that side of Main Street. I’ll see if I can dig up the old thread about that.

Performances will be at 5:30 and 7:45pm Sat & Sunday.

We went today and had great standing spots for the 5:30p event. The Procession was fantastic beyond words ... what a fabulous way to start the Christmas season. {{ Blessed!! }}

As for logistics -- it is a free-for-all. Just follow your best intuition. The CMs give conflicting information ... none, tonight, knew what was going on. We were given tons of bad info ... but scored great spots for a truly lovely presentation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter