Problems while trying to book - the dwarves…

mom2elle

Mouseketeer
I’ve been trying to book a two night stay in June for a few days now, and as soon as I get to the point where I have prioritized which of my contracts to use, and try to complete the booking - it keeps glitching and I get the “working on it” dwarves. When I then try to restart the process, the room I was originally trying to book is gone. Anyone else having similar issues? I guess I am just going to need to call MS to have them book?
As fyi, I have two contracts, same use year, one direct and one resale, two different resorts.

I’ve been trying to book a two night stay in June for a few days now, and as soon as I get to the point where I have prioritized which of my contracts to use, and try to complete the booking - it keeps glitching and I get the “working on it” dwarves. When I then try to restart the process, the room I was originally trying to book is gone. Anyone else having similar issues? I guess I am just going to need to call MS to have them book?
As fyi, I have two contracts, same use year, one direct and one resale, two different resorts.
Try again. Sometimes when you are in the process of booking, the system removes those days. Then a few minutes later, it shows up again.

Are you using the resale contract. There is an issue usually when borrowing points with a lot of resale contracts. Only thing you can do is call MS.

Mine has worked okay. I would call MS and see if they can help. If you are trying to borrow, this could be the issue.

The reason it disappears right away is the system is still holding it from when you tried. It should come back in no more than 20 minutes.

Thanks everyone. I am trying to borrow from my resale contract. Sounds like that’s the issue. Annoying!

the struggle is real with these dwarves - for me, every single booking that involves (legit) borrowing requires a call to MS

It was the “known” borrowing from resale issue. Member services was able to help me out.

I used to like Snow White's dwarves- now I hate them.

Sorry you've gotten this error - I tried for 4 days to modify a reservation ( to decrease the number of days I had) and got the dwarves each and every time. Finally had to contact MS. Of course, that's almost impossible with super long wait times and chat almost never working- so if you were trying to grab a reservation, you risk losing the opportunity. Just an example of the fabulous customer service we get from DVC and their IT department.

As far as the room disappearing and then reappearing - the computer pulls it from inventory when you tried to book it, and it takes awhile to release the room back to inventory after your booking didn't go through. In my experience- it's usually about 20 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter