Princess Weekend 2023 (Feb 23-26, 2023)

One oddity this go around, all my profile information filled automatically from my account, except it defaulted gender to female, despite it being set correctly in my account. No idea why that would be.
When I signed up for the challenge I didn't notice the gender, and just filled everything in that hadn't been pre-populated. When I added the 5k it defaulted to female and I noticed it that time and switched it. After registering I went and checked the registration details and all was fine, but I was worried for a moment that I had missed an incorrect detail.

Last edited:

Congrats to our winner @The Expert who proved she truly is The Expert!

Screen Shot 2022-06-21 at 1.08.05 PM.png

She was only 7 min off on the 5k, 3 min off on the 10k, 63 min off on the HM, 30 min off on the Challenge, and about 95 hrs and change off on Yoga. Although to be fair, the Yoga took everyone by surprise except for @SheHulk (the only person to guess under 24 hrs). Impressive guesses across the board @The Expert!

Congrats to our winner @The Expert who proved she truly is The Expert!

View attachment 678234

She was only 7 min off on the 5k, 3 min off on the 10k, 63 min off on the HM, 30 min off on the Challenge, and about 95 hrs and change off on Yoga. Although to be fair, the Yoga took everyone by surprise except for @SheHulk (the only person to guess under 24 hrs). Impressive guesses across the board @The Expert!

I suppose I've finally earned my moniker!

My first-time RunDisney registration...

There were some mistakes made. But, in the end, I got lucky and got a slot.

I was at work this morning, so bear in mind that I was busy with work in between all of this registration jazz. I logged into the Manage RunDisney site around 8 am. I went with one device, one browser, one tab. I know this is opposite of pretty much all the recommendations out there. And could have significantly reduced my chances. That said, like I said, I was at work. I already had umpteen programs open, and 10 other tabs open. It was just going to be easier on me to have one browser/tab to worry about going back and forth to and from.

I looked down and it was 9:50 am. Shoot! So, I went to "Register" and chose the 5K. Shortly after 10 am, I looked and my queue was 56 minutes long. I continued working but went back and forth to check the time. Within just a couple of minutes, it was down to 39 minutes, and then a few minutes later, it was at 21 minutes. The last time I checked the time, it was at 6 minutes.

I ended up in the middle of a phone call, and as soon as I had a chance, I checked my time, and it had me ready to "Enter Site" At that point, I didn't know how long it had been up, but I worried that I had missed my shot. Luckily, though, I was able to get in. My information auto-populated, but my hands were shaking with nerves, so I was even having trouble selecting what few things I needed to fill in. Multiple typos.

BUT, then it came time to register my sister. And none of her information populated, so I was trying to zoom through as quickly as I could.....again, which led to a number of typos. I accidentally put a phone number in the name section of the emergency contact. It was a mess. With the seconds tick, ticking by, I was sure this was what was going to do me in.

But...I made it to the next page, where I was able to pay. Being at work, my payment information wasn't saved into auto-fill which would have been so helpful. But, I carefully put my card information in, because I didn't want any transposed numbers to cause me to have to re-enter things.

At some point during this whole process, and I can't remember which step it was...I had to re-enter my password.

I submitted my payment and held my breath. It said it went through. But, I have read of people who get this far, submit their payment, and then find out hours later that things ended up not going through. So, I wasn't able to exhale just yet. Then, I checked my email, in which I had a registration confirmation that I had secured my spot. :banana:

I received my confirmation email at 10:38am, and I believe I saw that it sold out at 10:50am, so we got in by the skin of our teeth.

Life has been hectic, but I’ve been slowly making my way back to the boards. I’m officially in for all three races: 5K through charity and then the challenge today through regular registration. I was able to help a friend register for the 10K for the first time, and I successfully registered my mom for the 5K. There were a couple stumbles on my end, but I got it all done and I’m very excited. Now that we’re all in I can go back and actually pay attention to the themes so I can start thinking about costumes! I didn’t put enough time into them for the last races, so I need to start planning a little earlier.

now that we're registered, it's costume time! I'm thinking Rajah for DS and Iago for me for the 5k
Dressing in costume is a big part of the fun for me! I'm running the 5k and 10k with my DH and 2 daughters and the half with just my older daughter.

Current plans:
5k: High School Musical themed. DDs love HS musical the musical the series on Disney+.
10k: Lilo and Stitch themed. DD1 will be Stitch. DD2 will be Angel. I'll be Lilo. DH gets to be an alien!
Half: TBD. I'll let my daughter decide (within reason).

Not exactly princess themed, but that's ok. I was Rapunzel for the 2020 princess half and it was kind of boring because there were so many other Rapunzels!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!