Princess Weekend 2022

That's just awful. Especially at rD, which is all about making running accessible for everyone. Ugh.

Don't worry about me, I am always very respectful of other racers. I'm happy and proud to be part of the running community. I won't be that person!

I wasn't worried about you, FWIW. :)

And yes I agree. I first saw the guy before I really heard about it, while my cousin and I were enjoying a post-Half champagne. Had his shirt with "kills" marked on the back from the last Princess. It felt ugly and even a bit misogynistic (which I normally do NOT jump to) since he was a tall strong man, and so many princess participants are...not. I had to leave the FB group, which was otherwise a VERY good place for excellent info, training advice, and fun, because the admins were all the ones doing the "dead last start" thing and would not even try to understand how offensive it felt to some of us.

Anyone want just the shirts and not the medals? 😂

I want the shiny things, but not the $370-something price tag to get them all. Why aren’t they doing the “no shirt” option with any of the virtuals this time around???

Anyone want just the shirts and not the medals? 😂

I want the shiny things, but not the $370-something price tag to get them all. Why aren’t they doing the “no shirt” option with any of the virtuals this time around???
I'm the opposite...I want the shirt but not the medals :) When I did the virtual Space Coast half last year, I kept the shirt and beach towel, but donated the medal to Medals4Mettle.

Random race question (not Princess specific) - do the resorts do anything special for race participants? I recall watching one youtube video that showed a breakfast "box" they provided but can't find anything else describing extras (aside from the busses of course!).
The breakfast box was something you could buy the night before so you could have something to eat in the early morning before the qs places opened. The box was pretty underwhelming: like a bagel, peanut better snd a banana for some outrageous price.
I think some qs restaurants also had an extra pasta dish available at dinners. Can’t think of any “extras” other than that.

The breakfast box was something you could buy the night before so you could have something to eat in the early morning before the qs places opened. The box was pretty underwhelming: like a bagel, peanut better snd a banana for some outrageous price.
I think some qs restaurants also had an extra pasta dish available at dinners. Can’t think of any “extras” other than that.
Thanks!!!

Random race question (not Princess specific) - do the resorts do anything special for race participants? I recall watching one youtube video that showed a breakfast "box" they provided but can't find anything else describing extras (aside from the busses of course!).
When I stayed at Pop Century a few years ago for Princess, they had a step and repeat banner set up in the lobby that you could take your own photos with. I know there was a runDisney paddle, but I’m not sure if what (if any) other props they had. I’ve always stayed at the WL after that, and they didn’t have anything special. I’m not sure if other resorts do that as well, or if it’s something they used to do.

I've seen some runDisney specific stuff in the hotel recreation room before. Nothing fancy, something like coloring pages. I also got a pic with runDisney Mickey at OKW one year.

Screen Shot 2021-08-17 at 12.19.17 PM.png

I’ve stayed at WL and PO (can’t remember FQ or Riverside) for race weekends. PO had a breakfast box for purchase. Like the poster above mentioned, it’s a basic easy on the stomach race day breakfast. I don’t remember if WL had that or not, as we just brought some breakfast bars to eat that morning and iced coffee in the mini fridge. I don’t remember any race specific decorations or photo things at either resort, I thought there were quite a few more racers at PO and then there were at WL.

I remember the Pop background screen and the paddle in 2017. I find that there are a lot better places to take pictures with your medals at Pop.

Also, I found that the decorations in Disney Springs were nice. There was some rebates that came with showing you bib there. I have a tumbler from Pandora ( the jewelry store) that makes me remember that weekend when I first visited Pandora (the AK park section).

I don't remember what race weekend, but Beach Club had free coffee set out for all the races and bananas on half marathon day.

After the 2018 Dark Side 10K and Half Marathon, French Quarter was giving out random things to runners who went through the lobby. Plus they had signs if family members/friends wanted to make some.

Some resorts have a breakfast box to buy. Not all. Bay Lake didn't. GF villas had...something out to take, along with the coffee in their lobby that's always been there when I'm there, but nothing to purchase.

I wouldn't rely on it.

Daughter and I are considering adding on the yoga. It sounds intriguing and a fun way to kick off the events. At the same time, I wish we had more info than "We are still putting the finishing touches on this year’s inaugural event, so check back for more highlights soon!" What are the chances they post more details before registration on Tuesday?

Daughter and I are considering adding on the yoga. It sounds intriguing and a fun way to kick off the events. At the same time, I wish we had more info than "We are still putting the finishing touches on this year’s inaugural event, so check back for more highlights soon!" What are the chances they post more details before registration on Tuesday?

We could take a general stab at timing. The MK opens at 9am in October 2021 (the furthest timing goes out). Resort guests can enter 30 min early (8:30am). The sunrise in FL in Feb is around 7:20am. So if it were me, I'd probably have this scheduled something like 7:00-8:00am. Maybe 6:30-7:30am. Even 6:30am is still Nautical Sunrise which would still be relatively dark out. The pictures from the cast member yoga session in June seem to be around that dark to Nautical Sunrise time based on the pictures (link).

I would hope we would see some information prior to signing up for those that want to. Hard to know what you're getting yourself into. Marathon Weekend's page updated the day before general registration. Whereas, the Princess page updated a little over a week ago (or 1.5 weeks ahead of registration). I'd put the odds at knowing something additional at ???% Because I've got no idea.

I was assuming like 5am for the yoga, so I'd be happy with 7am.
My question is do they provide a mat or do you have to bring your own? Because that is a major impact for me - if I have to bring my own mat, I have to check a bag (because of size of my mat), which I might not have to do otherwise. Also, if they provide a mat but you get to keep it, I need a bag big enough to bring it home.
So yeah, I'm also hoping for more info before registration.

If I register for the weekend, which is a big if (right now it's about a 5% chance), I think I'd try for Yoga, mostly because I want sunrise in MK, but also because I'm curious about how it's gonna go.

I was assuming like 5am for the yoga, so I'm be happy with 7am.
My question is do they provide a mat or do you have to bring your own? Because that is a major impact for me - if I have to bring my own mat, I have to check a bag (because of size of my mat), which I might not have to do otherwise. Also, if they provide a mat but you get to keep it, I need a bag big enough to bring it home.
So yeah, I'm also hoping for more info before registration.

If I register for the weekend, which is a big if (right now it's about a 5% chance), I think I'd try for Yoga, mostly because I want sunrise in MK, but also because I'm curious about how it's gonna go.
Details would be really helpful. I’ve seen foldable mats on Amazon, so that’s probably the way I’d go if the yoga is BYOM. But a Disney mat that I get to bring home would also be really awesome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter