Princess Weekend 2022

And would we need to sign up at the expo for yoga? For me dealing with unpredictable winter weather, that would mean arriving on the Tuesday before?

And would we need to sign up at the expo for yoga? For me dealing with unpredictable winter weather, that would mean arriving on the Tuesday before?

Yoga registration opens when the race registration opens next Tuesday. I would expect yoga to sell out just like the races do. It’s unclear how the yoga fits into all this as far as the expo goes because there is no mention yet of all the yoga details, or dates/times of the expo.

This may be a stupid question, but do we have to go at the expo to pick up bibs or is there another way?

All current indications lead us to believe that you must go to the expo to pick up your bib. In years past, there were other potential options. One time they offered hotel delivery for a fee. They also had an unadvertised bib pickup for emergencies the morning of the race. It was abused. Although the website is now explicit in that this will no longer occur. Whether it actually will is debatable. But certainly don't plan on it.

Screen Shot 2021-08-20 at 11.05.08 AM.png

https://www.rundisney.com/know-before-you-go/

All current indications lead us to believe that you must go to the expo to pick up your bib. In years past, there were other potential options. One time they offered hotel delivery for a fee. They also had an unadvertised bib pickup for emergencies the morning of the race. It was abused. Although the website is now explicit in that this will no longer occur. Whether it actually will is debatable. But certainly don't plan on it.

They should bring back the hotel delivery fee. That would solve some of the issues of just arriving too late to pick up a bib and they can more make money.

They should bring back the hotel delivery fee. That would solve some of the issues of just arriving too late to pick up a bib and they can more make money.

True, but then it hurts their Expo vendors by not forcing all participants to go to it. I don't know how much Expo vendors would be less likely to attend if there was an option that allowed a portion of the runners to not attend it. Maybe something like the emergency morning bib pickup, in that you could get your bib delivered to your resort for a significant fee, but you'd still have to attend the Expo to get the shirts. But that seems like a whole rigamarole as well.

If they allowed a hotel delivery fee, how much would you be willing to pay if it were a bib only thing? And how much if it were bib and all ancillary items as well?

True, but then it hurts their Expo vendors by not forcing all participants to go to it. I don't know how much Expo vendors would be less likely to attend if there was an option that allowed a portion of the runners to not attend it. Maybe something like the emergency morning bib pickup, in that you could get your bib delivered to your resort for a significant fee, but you'd still have to attend the Expo to get the shirts. But that seems like a whole rigamarole as well.

If they allowed a hotel delivery fee, how much would you be willing to pay if it were a bib only thing? And how much if it were bib and all ancillary items as well?

So the vender part I understand but I would only do this if I could not get off of work on friday. So I would pay up to 99. Just under 100. I pefer going to the expo to see all the cool stuff, it is just if I cannot get off of work, it would be great to be able to get in late and still have my bib.

So the vender part I understand but I would only do this if I could not get off of work on friday. So I would pay up to 99. Just under 100. I pefer going to the expo to see all the cool stuff, it is just if I cannot get off of work, it would be great to be able to get in late and still have my bib.

I mean for $100, I think it would definitely peak their interest in moving the needle. I dug it up and it was Star Wars 2016 it looks like for $39 (link) and (link). Although based on the link it looks like they decided not to go through with the hotel part and rather charged to have race morning pickups.

Logistically though, I'd imagine trying to do hotel delivery would be a nightmare. Just think, you're having runners pay a premium, so the accuracy of this needs to be nearly 100% (I'd argue 100%). Let's say a modest 10% of runners choose to do this. At Princess 2019, there were 16668 HM bibs, 8926 Challenge bibs, 12000 5k bibs, and 4000 10k bibs. So that's an estimated 41,594 bibs (so let's just say 42,000 bibs). If 10% paid for this service that's 4,200 bibs that need to be allocated to ~31 different Disney hotels (depending on how you count them). Seems like a lot of potential room for error, but would a $420,000 pay day be worth the trouble (4200 bibs * $100 per bib fee). The bibs themselves generate about 8 million dollars based on bib cost of each type. So a $420,000 bump is about 5% of what the bibs themselves bring in. I don't know their bottom line, but I'd be curious if that number moved the needle for them.

I wondered how this would work since you are required to show ID to get your bib. They take your picture for the challenges. I can't imagine them wanting to put something that valuable in the hands of hotel staff who have other priorities.

Also, taking Magic Bands as example of this prepurchased thing delivered to your resort (for international guests), there is the issue of resort changes. We were offered an upgrade a few days prior to our arrival on a one night stay and the MB were eventually transferred, after we left the resort…

I wondered how this would work since you are required to show ID to get your bib. They take your picture for the challenges. I can't imagine them wanting to put something that valuable in the hands of hotel staff who have other priorities.

When you check in would be when you prove who you are. That is not different then a normal check in.

Also remember they use to deliver your shopping to your hotel rooms, so they do have a system for it.

Also I would just be okay with expo being open later on Friday night. Again just to help the people who are could not get off of work. I know my work I am bending the rules too do this run at my work....

When you check in would be when you prove who you are. That is not different then a normal check in.

Also remember they use to deliver your shopping to your hotel rooms, so they do have a system for it.

Also I would just be okay with expo being open later on Friday night. Again just to help the people who are could not get off of work. I know my work I am bending the rules too do this run at my work....

With online check-in, there’s no need to provide proof of identity. I can’t remember the last time I stopped in at a resort desk to check in to a resort. Then there’s the issue of multiple runners in a room. Only one would typically check in.

There has to be a system to not only get the bibs (and possibly shirts) to resorts, there has to be training of resort personnel on strict ID requirements to prevent bib theft or transfer. There also has to be the capability to take photos for the challenges, Also, a mechanism has to be place to ensure that waivers are collected (with printing capabilities, most likely), and that the waivers and challenge photos get back to the right RunDisney personnel/files.

As nice as it would be, I don’t think bib pickup at resorts is as trivial to implement as it’s being made out to be.

With online check-in, there’s no need to provide proof of identity. I can’t remember the last time I stopped in at a resort desk to check in to a resort. Then there’s the issue of multiple runners in a room. Only one would typically check in.

There has to be a system to not only get the bibs (and possibly shirts) to resorts, there has to be training of resort personnel on strict ID requirements to prevent bib theft or transfer. There also has to be the capability to take photos for the challenges, Also, a mechanism has to be place to ensure that waivers are collected (with printing capabilities, most likely), and that the waivers and challenge photos get back to the right RunDisney personnel/files.

As nice as it would be, I don’t think bib pickup at resorts is as trivial to implement as it’s being made out to be.
If we had to pick up our bibs at the hotel desk you would have to do in person check in and would not be allowed to do online check in. That really should not be that difficult they still allow in person check in even though they do not encourage it. And remember I am okay with an extra fee for the extra work it would take for them to do it.

Last edited:

In theory, it sounds simple, but having volunteered at packet pick up for years, I would agree with you.

Registration day is so close! I'm signed up with a charity for the challenge, but I'll be signing up for the 5K on Tuesday.

Re: Sunrise Yoga; I was interested in the concept and I'm not even a yoga fan. I don't think I'll be registering for it, unless some great details are released before registration day to change my mind. Call me crazy but I really look forward to the insanity of opening day at the expo, and while I'm sure yoga will be done way before the buses are running to the expo, I think my mind would be on expo shopping instead of breathing lol. That being said, hotel bib pickup wouldn't be a draw for me, but I'd definitely like the option to add it for travel delays. I'm sure that'd be a nightmare for runDisney, but the unpredictable would be the only reason for me to want to use it.

I can’t believe tomorrow is registration day. I registered for the first time ever last year for the cancelled race and I remember researching and prepping for days before registration day. This year I will be at work and I really hope no one bothers me!

can someone remind me how early I start to log in? I will only have two devices to try on. are there any new strategies this time around?

thanks!

I was just typing up a response and getting ready to mention this post, but I couldn’t remember what thread it was in!

I can’t believe tomorrow is registration day. I registered for the first time ever last year for the cancelled race and I remember researching and prepping for days before registration day. This year I will be at work and I really hope no one bothers me!

can someone remind me how early I start to log in? I will only have two devices to try on. are there any new strategies this time around?

thanks!
@DopeyBadger ‘s post will give you lots of great info. The only thing I’ll add is when I registered for MW with multiple devices, I clicked the link on some of them right away, and others at the actual registration time. The one I clicked last ended up being the first one in, so I definitely recommend the advice to log in one early and one at or immediately after the official registration time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter