Princess 10k - What to Expect

MsMagical

Mouseketeer
Hi All: It's my first time running in any Disney race and I was wondering if someone could fill me in on some details. I'm just having trouble finding any real details about what the morning/race will look like.

Such as: What time do the busses typically pick up at the hotels for the race? I know we run in waves but say you are in the 10:00ish min/mile waves, about what time would they go? About how many water stops are there?

Honestly, I just don't know what to expect and I'm hoping to get a better idea of what, if anything, I need to know prior to the race. Also, is there a good place for my family to watch me run? They don't need to be near the finish or anything; I just want to give my husband a good idea of where he could take the kids to cheer me on. Please tell me anything you think is important to know prior to the race. Thanks!

Hi All: It's my first time running in any Disney race and I was wondering if someone could fill me in on some details. I'm just having trouble finding any real details about what the morning/race will look like.

Such as: What time do the busses typically pick up at the hotels for the race? I know we run in waves but say you are in the 10:00ish min/mile waves, about what time would they go? About how many water stops are there?

Honestly, I just don't know what to expect and I'm hoping to get a better idea of what, if anything, I need to know prior to the race. Also, is there a good place for my family to watch me run? They don't need to be near the finish or anything; I just want to give my husband a good idea of where he could take the kids to cheer me on. Please tell me anything you think is important to know prior to the race. Thanks!
Buses for marathon weekend began at 3:30AM for the 10K. That is pretty typical for all WDW 10K's.

As for when you go off it really depends on what corral and what wave you are in. They put you in corrals and then let waves off in each corral. All of the corrals should be off within 45ish minutes of the start or so.

For the 10K the best spot is the Epcot resort area as the 10K runs by the Boardwalk, and the Yacht and Beach Club.

As for the waves....you get placed in a corral. The corral is one big holding pen and they release people in waves manually. So if you get to a corral and get to the front, you would be in the first wave. If you get there later and end up in the back, you would be in the last wave for that corral. This matters to some people if they are concerned about running for time or course crowding.

As it get closer to race weekend, they will post the event guide so that you can see the course map, but I expect it will be like this:

http://guide.rundisney.events/wp-content/uploads/sites/22/2018/12/2019-WDW-10K-Course-Map.pdf

Map shows 3 water stops.

Also, if you haven’t already, check out the Princess thread.

Disney should release more info in the next few weeks but I would expect it to be very similar to the WDW 10K earlier this month. Once it's released, the guide will provide you exact timing on when buses start and the last one runners should use. Then there's usually a gap before the buses start back up for spectators. However, spectators can ride the earlier buses and may need to in order to make it before you finish.

The finish is also a great spot for spectators if getting to the boardwalk or beach club is too much hassle.

Buses for marathon weekend began at 3:30AM for the 10K. That is pretty typical for all WDW 10K's.

As for when you go off it really depends on what corral and what wave you are in. They put you in corrals and then let waves off in each corral. All of the corrals should be off within 45ish minutes of the start or so.

For the 10K the best spot is the Epcot resort area as the 10K runs by the Boardwalk, and the Yacht and Beach Club.

Thank you! This is exactly the information I was looking for!

Disney should release more info in the next few weeks but I would expect it to be very similar to the WDW 10K earlier this month. Once it's released, the guide will provide you exact timing on when buses start and the last one runners should use. Then there's usually a gap before the buses start back up for spectators. However, spectators can ride the earlier buses and may need to in order to make it before you finish.

The finish is also a great spot for spectators if getting to the boardwalk or beach club is too much hassle.

Great! Thank you. I had been looking for the guide so I am glad to hear I'm just an over-eager planner and it will be released soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter