Pride month at Disney...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? I mean I would avoid the summer months (June, July, August) if I could, but why rule out a single month, which, normally the early part of the month, the weather is decent and crowds still aren't quite terrible?
I’ve never been in June. It’s not a month I would pick anyway.

AGAIN... language evolves. Why is that hard to understand? Going back to what someone else asked you ...do you still use derogatory terms for Black people? What about people with Downs? How about Asians?

No? Then why can't a person grasp that as we learn and grow and accept...our language changes, too.

I gotta wonder if you are generally this obtuse or if you are just pot stirring?
After many threads over the years, I've come to the conclusion that there is no possible way that poster is an actual human being. There's just no way a person is that obtuse and ignorant of the world around them. (sadly I'm sure that is not true)

If you are not cis, you are transgender. You mentioned you are not cis. So you must be transgender.

Not according to my dictionary...maybe you need to look it up again.

Dictionary​

Data from Oxford Languages

Look it up

het·er·o·sex·u·al
[ˌhedərōˈsekSH(əw)əl]

ADJECTIVE
  1. sexually or romantically attracted exclusively to people of the other sex:
    "I consider myself heterosexual"
    SIMILAR:
    straight
    hetero
    het

NOUN
  1. a person who is sexually or romantically attracted exclusively to people of the other sex:
    "the court ruled same-sex couples must be given the same rights as married heterosexuals"

Dictionary​

Look it up

het·er·o·sex·u·al
[ˌhedərōˈsekSH(əw)əl]

ADJECTIVE
    SIMILAR:
    straight
    hetero
    het

NOUN
  1. a person who is sexually or romantically attracted exclusively to people of the other sex:
    "the court ruled same-sex couples must be given the same rights as married heterosexuals"
OMG! You have sexual feelings?! Don't tell the children! (And I wish you didn't just force that on me.)

Dictionary​

Look it up

het·er·o·sex·u·al
[ˌhedərōˈsekSH(əw)əl]

ADJECTIVE
    SIMILAR:
    straight
    hetero
    het

NOUN
What does being heterosexual have to do with the words cis or transgender? (I'll give you a hint, absolutely nothing). But people have tried to explain this to you a thousand times and you somehow still don't get it.

When people's 'opinions' are old-fashioned, they can learn and change. When people's 'opinions' are bigoted, they can also learn and change-if they want to. @Ms.Minnie you obviously are entrenched in your 'opinions,' so I won't engage with your posts any longer. Every accusation is a confession, remember that.

I agree that we should not engage any longer.

Yes, there are plenty of accusations going on here of people who are (as you would say) not tolerant or accepting of other people's opinions.

Dictionary​

Look it up

het·er·o·sex·u·al
[ˌhedərōˈsekSH(əw)əl]

ADJECTIVE
    SIMILAR:
    straight
    hetero
    het

NOUN
I think you are confusing the terms.
Hetero or **** sexuality refers to your SEXUALITY.
Cis or Trans refers to your GENDER.

As someone said before, you can be a cis heterosexual male or a trans homosexual female (or any other of the numerous combinations).

I am curious, since you brought it up, and I'll ask @White Cat the same... you're complaining that posters/people are being intolerant of you. How, exactly? Because they think your view is wrong? If that's the definition of "intolerant", then it's going to be a circle.

I'm heterosexual not cis thank you very much.

If you are not cis, you are transgender. You mentioned you are not cis. So you must be transgender.

Dictionary​

Look it up

het·er·o·sex·u·al
[ˌhedərōˈsekSH(əw)əl]

Yes, you are both heterosexual and transgender, as you stated. A transgender person can be heterosexual or homosexual, as can a cis person. You said you are 'heterosexual not cis. ' That means you are heterosexual and transgender.

Also, I apologize earlier for when I automatically used a she pronoun for you - as now I realize you haven't mentioned if you are MTF or FTM trans. I thought you must be MTF with your username, but then if you're just now coming out, Ms. might be an indicator of your old identity. I'm happy to use your preferred pronoun if you're willing to share that.

Christmas is both a religious and secular celebration by upwards of 80% of the American population. Easter gets a week in the parks and is something again celebrated by most Americans, especially those with kids.
I'm not Christian, don't celebrate either religion, and it's offensive to me for those decorations to be up in the parks and for Disney to sell Christmas based merchandise.

Now, I'm not really offended, but the correct response to that statement is simply "don't go while the decorations are up". No one needs to know why I make that choice. Why do we (general) need to let others know why we make certain choices? And it happened before social media. There were boycotts of Disney because of whatever decision. There are boycotts of various businesses. To me, boycotts are not only choosing how YOU are going to act, but trying to get others to act the same.

Whenever the mods actually get around to this thread, I ask that they lock it and don't make it "poof".

1) Locking it shows the subject has come up, degenerated, and shouldn't be brought up again. Making it disappear means someone else might start the conversation again.
2) I don't want to lose the likes I've gotten from the thread. (this is the more important reason :rotfl2: )

Yes, you are both heterosexual and transgender, as you stated. A transgender person can be heterosexual or homosexual, as can a cis person. You said you are 'heterosexual not cis. ' That means you are heterosexual and transgender.

Also, I apologize earlier for when I automatically used a she pronoun for you - as now I realize you haven't mentioned if you are MTF or FTM trans. I thought you must be MTF with your username, but then if you're just now coming out, Ms. might be an indicator of your old identity. I'm happy to use your preferred pronoun if you're willing to share that.

Are you obtuse?

Whenever the mods actually get around to this thread, I ask that they lock it and don't make it "poof".

1) Locking it shows the subject has come up, degenerated, and shouldn't be brought up again. Making it disappear means someone else might start the conversation again.
2) I don't want to lose the likes I've gotten from the thread. (this is the more important reason :rotfl2: )

Here's another vote to lock it down, it should have been locked down yesterday.

Here's another vote to lock it down, it should have been locked down yesterday.
Well, that's the first vote. I DON'T want it locked down. I do think it will be.

But, if you don't think people should be able to participate, why not just skip over the thread yourself? Again, why do YOU get to keep people from doing what THEY want to do? I think the conversation is beneficial.

Well, that's the first vote. I DON'T want it locked down. I do think it will be.

But, if you don't think people should be able to participate, why not just skip over the thread yourself? Again, why do YOU get to keep people from doing what THEY want to do? I think the conversation is beneficial.

It would be nice if there could be a thread that really is just the excitement and interest in Pride month, and not get so many haters jumping on it. I mean, when there are threads about getting excited over the Disney Christmas stuff, I don't see posters of other religions who don't celebrate that hating on it on here.

I'm not Christian, don't celebrate either religion, and it's offensive to me for those decorations to be up in the parks and for Disney to sell Christmas based merchandise.

Now, I'm not really offended, but the correct response to that statement is simply "don't go while the decorations are up". No one needs to know why I make that choice. Why do we (general) need to let others know why we make certain choices? And it happened before social media. There were boycotts of Disney because of whatever decision. There are boycotts of various businesses. To me, boycotts are not only choosing how YOU are going to act, but trying to get others to act the same.
Yeah totally agree that wasn’t my point lol. I don‘t think you should go someplace you don’t feel comfortable. My point was that Christmas has such a big presence in the parks because it is very important (and is a huge money maker) to the vast majority of Americans. People who identify as LGBTQ are a vast minority of the population so it’s just interesting why they go out so much for pride month. I don’t care if the park sells rainbow cupcakes. I don’t buy any kind of cupcakes at Disney. I mean it’s either because Pride month upselling is a huge money generator for Disney or there’s a social agenda at play. Just wondering which one it is I guess.
I don’t care who goes where or who boycotts what. It doesn’t affect my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter