Pricing

want2seepluto

Earning My Ears
Is there anywhere on the Disney website that you can find official pricing for the dining plan and character meals? I know there are posts on here that have it (which have been extremely helpful for planning - thank you!) but I'd like to have official confirmation of their 2017 prices. I can't find it anywhere. When I called they told me DDP was "around $70 per adult and $26 per child" but wouldn't give me an exact number.

Also, we have a room only reservation (bought tickets through UT) and want to add the dining plan. She said they would have to cancel and rebook it as a package. There are currently no other rooms available but she swore that I would not lose my room if they cancel and rebook. But I forgot to ask about my dining reservations. If they cancel the room and rebook it as a package, does that do anything to my ADRs? We leave next Wednesday and I'm nervous to make changes to things so late. Thanks!

Is there anywhere on the Disney website that you can find official pricing for the dining plan and character meals? I know there are posts on here that have it (which have been extremely helpful for planning - thank you!) but I'd like to have official confirmation of their 2017 prices. I can't find it anywhere. When I called they told me DDP was "around $70 per adult and $26 per child" but wouldn't give me an exact number.

Also, we have a room only reservation (bought tickets through UT) and want to add the dining plan. She said they would have to cancel and rebook it as a package. There are currently no other rooms available but she swore that I would not lose my room if they cancel and rebook. But I forgot to ask about my dining reservations. If they cancel the room and rebook it as a package, does that do anything to my ADRs? We leave next Wednesday and I'm nervous to make changes to things so late. Thanks!

No, Disney either chooses not to give exact pricing or doesn't bother to calculate it. The numbers you've found on here are correct: $67.33 for adults and $24.22 for kids. They will also not give you the exact pricing on buffet restaurants, but the sticky at the top of this forum is as close to correct as you'll find anywhere. A CM keeps it up-to-date.

In order to add the dining plan, they will have to cancel and rebook as a package and all package rules will then apply. In your case, that will mean full payment as soon as they finish booking it. As to whether you lose the room, I don't know. Your ADRs should be safe.

To get exact confirmation of pricing directly from Disney, you can go onto MDE and make a mock reservation and see how much exactly it is to add the DDP.

The price turned out to be somewhere in the middle. They had told me around $70 for adults and $26 for children. For a family of 4 for 3 nights that would be $576. At the $67.33 / $24.22 price quoted here, it would be $549.30. The actual price they charged me was $554.89, although I'm not sure exactly what that breaks out as. Ultimately it still makes sense for us because of the meals I have booked but I don't like that there is no set figure in writing from Disney that you can hold them to.

I hadn't thought about the mock reservation - that's a great idea! I may go and do that just to compare.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!