Priceline Express Deals

FWIW, I have seen the GF on Hotwire a lot recently for the summer and fall. I would bet you are correct.

I also what I thought was GF for October and the room choices were garden and lagoon, which basically confirmed it for me. I'd say you're correct in thinking it's GF.

I'm surprised you're seeing a Hot Rate deal that doesn't have a guest rating. FWIW, the resort matcher has Poly and WL as 4*, not 4.5*. Is there a transparent deal available for Hotwire for your dates that is $754? If not, you might want to see if Expedia has any Disney resort for those dates going for about $754.
They've been sneaking in random HotRates with no guest rating the last several weeks - usually the Quality Inn Kissimmee, but sometimes OKW and others.
Also if they even show sub-guest ratings on a HotRate - when it is a Disney resort as often as not they have them all as 0.0. #hotrategames

But, as I know Tom knows, but for others: It is usually pretty easy to identify a resort even if some of that info is missing on a HotRate since there will often be a non-hidden deal for the same resort down the results where the crossed out Hotrate will be $1 off from the non-hidden deal.

I have been watching this thread for a few months and checking Priceline and Hotwire apps daily, but no results. When can we usually expect to see discounts for September at the Disney resorts, not good neighbor hotels. Thanks

Ah, if you got one of those specific bed choices I'd think you are good then!
I haven't had to add anything on a Hotwire deal myself, but if I were calling I would definitely start with Disney Wholesale, they seem to be the best bet to get things done.
I had a similar situation last November - booked through Priceline (Yacht Club) and had 2 beds selected as an option. Confirmed with Wholesale AND Disney a couple days before the trip. Yet, upon check in we were assigned a king bed. It was my daughter and myself and we asked at the desk for 2 queens. We were told our reservation did not guarantee room type and they didn't have anything else available as many rooms weren't open yet (Covid). Even the couch in the room did not pull out into a sleeper. Therefore, we made the best of it and shared the king bed. Going forward I would personally be concerned when booking with third party vendors if you need accommodations for more than 2 people and/or a specific room type. I do believe YC would have switched us in "normal times" if they had the room - but we had already walked into the room before we discovered it was a king bed and that might also have been an issue due to extra cleaning requirements from the pandemic. So maybe it's also wise to no longer use online check in and go directly to your room upon receiving the "room ready" text and instead stop at the front desk and verify bed type BEFORE actually going into the room.

I had a similar situation last November - booked through Priceline (Yacht Club) and had 2 beds selected as an option. Confirmed with Wholesale AND Disney a couple days before the trip. Yet, upon check in we were assigned a king bed. It was my daughter and myself and we asked at the desk for 2 queens. We were told our reservation did not guarantee room type and they didn't have anything else available as many rooms weren't open yet (Covid). Even the couch in the room did not pull out into a sleeper. Therefore, we made the best of it and shared the king bed. Going forward I would personally be concerned when booking with third party vendors if you need accommodations for more than 2 people and/or a specific room type. I do believe YC would have switched us in "normal times" if they had the room - but we had already walked into the room before we discovered it was a king bed and that might also have been an issue due to extra cleaning requirements from the pandemic. So maybe it's also wise to no longer use online check in and go directly to your room upon receiving the "room ready" text and instead stop at the front desk and verify bed type BEFORE actually going into the room.
Dang, i guess I do need to call wholesale and have my kids added so it shows 4 people on the reservation, then. Thanks for sharing your experience!

That's kind of crap about not guaranteeing bed type. I paid extra for the 2 queen option through HW. Hmph!

I had a similar situation last November - booked through Priceline (Yacht Club) and had 2 beds selected as an option. Confirmed with Wholesale AND Disney a couple days before the trip. Yet, upon check in we were assigned a king bed. It was my daughter and myself and we asked at the desk for 2 queens. We were told our reservation did not guarantee room type and they didn't have anything else available as many rooms weren't open yet (Covid). Even the couch in the ...
Yours is the first report I've heard of this happening, thanks for the info! Question: was it an Express Deal you booked or a regular Priceline deal?

I called Disney Wholesale and they were able to add my kids no problem. The whole thing took about five minutes from the moment I dialed. I was fearing I'd be on hold for two hours the way things have been going lately!

I have been watching this thread for a few months and checking Priceline and Hotwire apps daily, but no results. When can we usually expect to see discounts for September at the Disney resorts, not good neighbor hotels. Thanks
In normal times the generic answer is 4 - 6 weeks out. But, over the last few years Priceline has broken that rule of thumb several times and released deals several months out. Lately Priceline has had very few real deals.

Until a couple of months ago Hotwire stayed pretty close to that 4-6 week drop period - then they dropped deals all the way out until the end of 2021.
A lot of those HotRate deals further out have come and gone over time, but I just searched some random dates in September and see the same deals I'm seeing for the summer still out there. CSR for $155, YC for about $295. The Movies deals if you happen to see them further out aren't terrific - watch out for the "11% off" or so deals, the fees eat up any rate savings.

Do you have specific dates you are checking? I'd be happy to check and help confirm September deals.

In normal times the generic answer is 4 - 6 weeks out. But, over the last few years Priceline has broken that rule of thumb several times and released deals several months out. Lately Priceline has had very few real deals.

Until a couple of months ago Hotwire stayed pretty close to that 4-6 week drop period - then they dropped deals all the way out until the end of 2021.
A lot of those HotRate deals further out have come and gone over time, but I just searched some random dates in September and see the same deals I'm seeing for the summer still out there. CSR for $155, YC for about $295. The Movies deals if you happen to see them further out aren't terrific - watch out for the "11% off" or so deals, the fees eat up any rate savings.

Do you have specific dates you are checking? I'd be happy to check and help confirm September deals.
We are looking September 19-24, can change that by a day either way to get a better deal. Thanks for offering to look. Maybe I need to delete the app like I have read so many others do.

We are looking September 19-24, can change that by a day either way to get a better deal. Thanks for offering to look. Maybe I need to delete the app like I have read so many others do.
The 20th to the 25th I see Grand Floridian on Hotwire for $426/night (392 if you use a coupon). That's about it right now that I see, though.

Ahh, sorry - looks like that week is mostly a dead zone for deals right now. I tried sliding the date window around, the only Disney resort I am seeing is Grand Floridian for $411 at 42% off (full price is $708.)

Sometimes with Hotwire the starting date is the most important thing - if you find the magical starting date it will open a whole bunch of deals. Didn't really find that this time, but trying a starting dates later in week (9/22) or previous week did tease out CBR deals in the $204 - $214 range, (which may be kinda OK deal.) Also saw YC club in the following week for $397, which is about $100 more than the deals leading into summer.

I'd just keep checking every few days, things do seem to be in flux on Hotwire and you might get lucky on your dates at some point.
Feels like they've mostly fixed the app and browsers not showing deals now, in any case as I'm seeing most deals now in all of them.

Good luck!

Dang, i guess I do need to call wholesale and have my kids added so it shows 4 people on the reservation, then. Thanks for sharing your experience!

That's kind of crap about not guaranteeing bed type. I paid extra for the 2 queen option through HW. Hmph!
Honestly, I think the key is NOT going into the room BEFORE verifying the bed type is correct for what you purchased. There was very limited housekeeping in November and while it's likely improved somewhat we are still living in Covid times - had we not gone straight to the room from online check in and caused that room to be "contaminated" I think they might have been more willing to try and resolve the issue. I stayed at a Marriott in Fort Lauderdale last week and they actually told us at check in that once we entered the room there would be no room changes under ANY circumstances and if we had issues with the room we would have to leave rather than get a new room. It was a pricey hotel and I was shocked to hear that was their standard MO now. So stop at the desk and get verification and I'd definitely add the kids BEFORE going for the best chance of receiving your purchased room type. That way they can't say it was you who broke the contract by incorrect booking info etc. I have never found a hotel that "loved" third party booking nor tried to accommodate if there were any errors on my part if it wasn't booked through them. Make sure you've done everything right and stop at the desk first and you should be ok. I still use PL and HW because you can't beat some of the prices but you do need to be extra careful during this pandemic. Let us know how it went when you get back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter