Price diff between old Cdn tix and Xmas OUCH

I can confirm that today a 5 day base ticket costs $708 CanadIan. That’s insanity.
I have three Canadian resident discount tickets on my account that expire in September. They will expire before we can travel. I really hope they do another extension of those dates because I‘m not willing to pay what Disney wants to upgrade them. Figure it out Disney.

It’s insane. If I didn’t already have tickets we wouldn’t be going.

I beg to differ. The last sentence in your attached post above talks of the price of a 1 day PH (for your family) coming to $1100. Now that that confusion is cleared up we can move on.

We still have 2 sets of tickets in the safety deposit box at the bank from the original Canadian deal (with no expiry date..) 6 day tickets, and 4-day tickets with waterpark.. We have no idea when we will eventually make it to Disney, but we are happy that we took advantage of that smoking deal on tickets back in 2017... Now all we need to do is fine a deal on accommodations.

I bought the discounted tickets from a local disney travel rep back in 2017, when they first offered the Cdn tix. I paid $2,100 CAD for 5 adult tickets for 4-day park hopper and waterparks tickets - non-expiring and no blackout dates. We were finally supposed to go last year. Now I have no idea when we'll be able to get there to use them as the window is narrowing as my oldest is approaching University. Not to mention, my interest is fading and I now wish I hadn't purchased them. However, looking at the prices now, these tickets are anywhere from $3,200 to $3,500 USD.

I beg to differ. The last sentence in your attached post above talks of the price of a 1 day PH (for your family) coming to $1100. Now that that confusion is cleared up we can move on.

Yes you're right, sorry. Guess that was a great brain fog example 🤦 For whatever reason I thought that part was in a second post, so in my mind you were quoting the wrong part and confused 🤣 So..... LOL.... now that that's all cleared up..... 🤣

Last edited:
I was pricing things out yesterday and had major sticker shock. Then I realized that we always buy tickets when they offer a Canadian discount. Once I factored that in, the price seemed normal and business as usual?

I was pricing things out yesterday and had major sticker shock. Then I realized that we always buy tickets when they offer a Canadian discount. Once I factored that in, the price seemed normal and business as usual?

Yep pretty much except for those of us who have Canadian discount tics we can’t use before sept .

Yup. It's the same old mental argument for me - the kids want to go back so bad, especially our son. They love Disney. It's more than just a theme park, it's an emotional connection. For our son, who wants to work in animation, it really represents his dream, kwim? And yet... the logical part of me, when I sit down and calculate what it will cost us, I think how ridiculous and stupid that is, when they would have just as much fun at so many other places that would cost us a fraction of that. We could literally take 2 or 3 trips elsewhere, for the price of one trip to Disney! Or put new siding on the house, put in a permanent steel pool (and still do a small trip!) etc...

I think it really depends on how much you budget for each trip. Being Canadians, I find that any destination is going to cost us upwards of 6K. Hawaii. Europe. A cruise. All inclusive in Mexico. We always budget 6/8k for our family of five for a ten day trip. The only cheaper options would be staying local, which just doesnt feel like a vacation to me, haha.

I think it really depends on how much you budget for each trip. Being Canadians, I find that any destination is going to cost us upwards of 6K. Hawaii. Europe. A cruise. All inclusive in Mexico. We always budget 6/8k for our family of five for a ten day trip. The only cheaper options would be staying local, which just doesnt feel like a vacation to me, haha.

Yeah we don't take trips like that, lol. But, they're not exactly local either.

Yeah we don't take trips like that, lol. But, they're not exactly local either.
Same for me. I have traveled a lot and have never paid more then $2000 total for a week. I have gone to Florida the last few years every February and I have never paid that much. My hotel is usually $600 for a week. Then again I stay off property on International drive.

Disney is my most expensive trip. I keep track of everything and it's always the most expensive, either the one week trips we've done or the add on to cruise trips. I'd say 1 week at Disney can cost as much as a two week cruise for us, Carnival or RCL cruise. We have never done an AI, I was looking at them last year right before covid hit, and for this winter before things got so bad, but even those are much less than Disney.

Same for me. I have traveled a lot and have never paid more then $2000 total for a week. I have gone to Florida the last few years every February and I have never paid that much. My hotel is usually $600 for a week. Then again I stay off property on International drive.
That’s great! We thankfully have tons of airmails, so our flights are always free! But with five people? And food? And entrance tickets? It’s impossible to keep anything international for one week under 2k 🤷🏻‍♀️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter