Price diff between old Cdn tix and Xmas OUCH

I'm the opposite (though it may be the hope talking). I think if the border opens up we'll see one released in the fall.

So we're planning a Florida trip for June 2022. Originally the plan was to do 4 park days, using the 1 day PH we already have (comp tickets) and then buying a 3-day base pass. Now, this is based on today's exchange, hopefully, it doesn't drop further, but it's approximately $2100 for 3 days. Just the tickets!!!! I mean.... that's insane! We have taken a week-long vacation, all-inclusive, for that price! I priced out just doing a 1-day hopper instead (so we'd have 2 days, with a PH), and that was $1100... for one day. I'm honestly scared to tell DH the prices, as I'm afraid he'll just say, NO.

Exactly :( I am hoping the border opens, I am praying for my December cruise, and considering, still, what to do about a second week. But I can't justify those prices! Even the number of airmiles to get tickets is crazy now. If there are Canadian discount tickets, that would go a long way to getting me back.

I'm the opposite (though it may be the hope talking). I think if the border opens up we'll see one released in the fall.

So we're planning a Florida trip for June 2022. Originally the plan was to do 4 park days, using the 1 day PH we already have (comp tickets) and then buying a 3-day base pass. Now, this is based on today's exchange, hopefully, it doesn't drop further, but it's approximately $2100 for 3 days. Just the tickets!!!! I mean.... that's insane! We have taken a week-long vacation, all-inclusive, for that price! I priced out just doing a 1-day hopper instead (so we'd have 2 days, with a PH), and that was $1100... for one day. I'm honestly scared to tell DH the prices, as I'm afraid he'll just say, NO.
That's crazy. Our first trip in 2010 was at Pop Century 2 adults, 2 kids, free dining, 11 nights 10 day tickets (no PH or WP) early December and our package price was $2400. And the dollar was almost at par then I think. Sigh...

It's the PH option that is killing you with that pricing. You could almost add a 2nd day and drop the PH for the same price. PH using your comp ticket to 2 parks then do 2 1 day parks. Just a thought. I agree prices are insane just the same.

That's crazy. Our first trip in 2010 was at Pop Century 2 adults, 2 kids, free dining, 11 nights 10 day tickets (no PH or WP) early December and our package price was $2400. And the dollar was almost at par then I think. Sigh...

Our first (family) trip was 2015. I think all said and done it came in at $6000 for the 4 of us, and that included:

Driving there/back (4 nights hotel there/back, our food, gas, tolls, stopping to visit Shenandoah Caverns)
7 day tickets
Dinner at Cinderella's Castle
Hoop Dee Doo Revue
Bibbidi Bobbity Boutique for our son and daughter
A couple in-park quick service meals and snacks
Rental house for 10 nights
Groceries
Getting photos done at the portrait studio in Old Town

Today, the tickets alone for 7 days would cost $3000.

Yep it’s gotten crazy. When we get to take this trip it will probably be our last for a while. It’s becoming so expensive that we could do so much more for the same amount of money. The tickets, the food it’s just gotten crazy how expensive it is. We will likely do more things like cruises (Royal not Disney cause Disney cruises are crazy too) and all inclusives.

Yep it’s gotten crazy. When we get to take this trip it will probably be our last for a while. It’s becoming so expensive that we could do so much more for the same amount of money. The tickets, the food it’s just gotten crazy how expensive it is. We will likely do more things like cruises (Royal not Disney cause Disney cruises are crazy too) and all inclusives.

Yup. It's the same old mental argument for me - the kids want to go back so bad, especially our son. They love Disney. It's more than just a theme park, it's an emotional connection. For our son, who wants to work in animation, it really represents his dream, kwim? And yet... the logical part of me, when I sit down and calculate what it will cost us, I think how ridiculous and stupid that is, when they would have just as much fun at so many other places that would cost us a fraction of that. We could literally take 2 or 3 trips elsewhere, for the price of one trip to Disney! Or put new siding on the house, put in a permanent steel pool (and still do a small trip!) etc...

Yup. It's the same old mental argument for me - the kids want to go back so bad, especially our son. They love Disney. It's more than just a theme park, it's an emotional connection. For our son, who wants to work in animation, it really represents his dream, kwim? And yet... the logical part of me, when I sit down and calculate what it will cost us, I think how ridiculous and stupid that is, when they would have just as much fun at so many other places that would cost us a fraction of that. We could literally take 2 or 3 trips elsewhere, for the price of one trip to Disney! Or put new siding on the house, put in a permanent steel pool (and still do a small trip!) etc...
My grandson and especially me,feel the same as your son.

Has anyone even mentioned that while the price has skyrocketed we've yet to see the full experience return? So no idea when fireworks, parades, all of the live shows, pre-show experiences in some rides, all sit down restaurants, stores etc will be happening again. I won't be paying more for less

Has anyone even mentioned that while the price has skyrocketed we've yet to see the full experience return? So no idea when fireworks, parades, all of the live shows, pre-show experiences in some rides, all sit down restaurants, stores etc will be happening again. I won't be paying more for less

This is the other consideration - we are not going to spend that amount of money if fast passes, parades, fireworks, shows and character meet and greets aren't back. Now, it looks promising for some of the shows at least.

Agreed. No passes for us until things are more as they used to be. We have comped tickets to HS—one day only—that we will make use of. Otherwise no parks for us for a bit.

Agreed. No passes for us until things are more as they used to be. We have comped tickets to HS—one day only—that we will make use of. Otherwise no parks for us for a bit.

I wish I could do the same. I really had to fight with discovery cove every time ive rescheduled , that i don’t know how much longer they will allow me to reschedule . So between that $1200 usd out there , JetBlue travel credit , and my big kids getting harder and harder to schedule ( next year college and grade 10) I feel financially and time pressured.
And I really don’t think IMO we will see old fastpasses back . I bet they move to max pass just to soak us out of more money.
im really sad as new DVC I’m losing the magic .

I mean.... that's insane! We have taken a week-long vacation, all-inclusive, for that price! I priced out just doing a 1-day hopper instead (so we'd have 2 days, with a PH), and that was $1100... for one day. I'm honestly scared to tell DH the prices, as I'm afraid he'll just say, NO.
This was the part I was refering to. The bit I underlined.

With the prices of Disney tickets we find ourselves going to Universal more. And I can stay at one of their Deluxe that includes express pass for under $300 a night. I think my last Hard Rock stay was mid $200s. Pool view. As opposed to the lowest WDW deluxe that is $400+
We used to go to WDW 2x a year from BC. And had APs until they doubled the price. I will use my current tickets when we’re able. But WDW getting further down the park list. Even Universal value resorts beat out Disney. In price and amenities! Cabana Bay, most rooms have inside hall entry, more space, real closet NOT in a bathroom! 2 nice pools with slides, hot tubs, lazy river, bowling alley, and cheaper than WDW value.

I can confirm that today a 5 day base ticket costs $708 CanadIan. That’s insanity.
I have three Canadian resident discount tickets on my account that expire in September. They will expire before we can travel. I really hope they do another extension of those dates because I‘m not willing to pay what Disney wants to upgrade them. Figure it out Disney.

I can confirm that today a 5 day base ticket costs $708 CanadIan. That’s insanity.
I have three Canadian resident discount tickets on my account that expire in September. They will expire before we can travel. I really hope they do another extension of those dates because I‘m not willing to pay what Disney wants to upgrade them. Figure it out Disney.

Yep it’s nuts . I have 5 (3 adults two kids ) and to keep them at 7 day is 1175 .. mind you that’s at cmas but still

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter