Price diff between old Cdn tix and Xmas OUCH

TammyLynn33

DIS Veteran
Ok so somehow I got through .
I had 3 adult 7 day tickets
2 children 7 day tickets a mix of airmiles and tickets purchased online .
and the difference is .. you guys sitting down .. $1115 usd
She said I could wait and see if a new Canadian discounted ticket comes available .
if I purchase these now.. and there is a new Canadian discount they are non - refundable . So
I get they are at Xmas but I’m so sad . It’s a lot more than I expected . Just a heads up to anyone in a similar position
T

Disney tickets are really getting expensive, I mean they always were I guess, but it makes me reluctant to plan a trip. I want to. I want to book a week in December, but when I compare to a week on a cruise, even with gratuities and some excursions, the cruise works out to over $1K less (CAD after converting the USD and using a better rate for the Disney portion because I'd use gift cards and save a few percentage). Because of those darn tickets.

Wow
The price has definitely gone up. I would be hesitant to buy ahead of time right now.
I guess if you can't go at least they will probably let you upgrade them for future use,,,,, at least in the past they used to let people do that.
I am thinking of cutting Disney Park days out and just doing resort stuff for my next trip ,,,I will definitely be doing Universal Orlando Parks though.
Things to consider at Christmas time....it's already such a rush rush season so don't forget to take a breathe and smell the *Hot chocolate & Cookies*
: go bake some cookies at BOMA and check out the resort
: head to Downtown Disney Springs and shop
: go miniature golfing and then head to Walmart to shop
: head to Chip & Dale's sing along campfire
: movie night by the pool
: choose one specialty party to attend .
: Take in a movie at Disney Springs (usually they have a good new one at Christmas).

You have 9-10 months to plan,,, take a deep breathe and think it through.
What parks are a must do?
What activities are a must do?
What special happenings are a must do?
How much down time do we need?
Would the kids just be happy being at Disney and swimming and eating fast food ,(This is something my granddaughter reminded me about last trip when I planned out every second of her day and night , LOL.
I know this might sound *UnDisney* but what about downgrading the tickets to 5 day passes? Would Disney even do that I wonder,, maybe kick you back some money?
Remember you have DVC so many trips in the future to see everything.

Hugs Hon
Mel

Last edited:
Disney tickets are really getting expensive, I mean they always were I guess, but it makes me reluctant to plan a trip. I want to. I want to book a week in December, but when I compare to a week on a cruise, even with gratuities and some excursions, the cruise works out to over $1K less (CAD after converting the USD and using a better rate for the Disney portion because I'd use gift cards and save a few percentage). Because of those darn tickets.

Yep I think even being new DVC this will be our last trip for awhile. I need to go use the credit from the old tickets before big kids get too busy to schedule a trip . Next year will be year 1 college, year 2 high school

I really want to get away next Christmas but I have been to Disney on Christmas before and it doesn't really appeal to me. Might just go down and get some sun and maybe visit the waterparks if they are open. We have a ton of waterpark tickets from 10 day non-expiring tickets with the waterpark option that we used to have.

Even though we have 5-day passes for WDW, I'm thinking that we might only do 4 days (gasp!) and then move on to Cabana Bay and do a few days at USO. But it will really depend on when we can book the xmas party (Assuming they happen).

Ugh. That really sucks. I'd wait and see if they extend those ones. They currently expire in September, right? Considering the border closures and travel advisories Canadian's haven't been able to go really.

I guess they figure those of us stuck with tickets will pay to upgrade and use them, but in the long run I think it will hurt them as the loyal fans like us even are contemplating spending our dollars elsewhere. How they handle these Canadian tickets could lose them a lot of repeat Canadian visitors.

The crazy thing is for that price you can have 4 season passes for all Cedar Fair parks. I really want to like Disney like I used to, especially with a 1 year old. I just can't now, with the price increases and the cutting of so many things.

Absolutely I think at this point we will only go for 5 days. We already have 3 days universal booked and discovery cove and that includes sea world for 14 days.
I just wanted the option of a park is really busy being able to call it a day at lunch was with special needs little guy, knowing we had another day.. but it’s simply not worth that money ..
ill keep watching the availability I guess. But before we never spent money elsewhere and this trip we are off to universal.
Will be interesting to see

Keep in mind that even if you don't use those tickets the value of them can still be applied to a ticket purchase in the future. If you wait for them to expire you are not locked into another 7 day ticket. You just need to use up all of the $ assigned to them with your new ticket purchase. So maybe a year from now you could take the value of the 7 day Canadian ticket and apply it towards a 3 or 4 day park hopper. No cash out of pocket. Then like Mel mentioned spend more time exploring other parts of the resort.

Keep in mind that even if you don't use those tickets the value of them can still be applied to a ticket purchase in the future. If you wait for them to expire you are not locked into another 7 day ticket. You just need to use up all of the $ assigned to them with your new ticket purchase. So maybe a year from now you could take the value of the 7 day Canadian ticket and apply it towards a 3 or 4 day park hopper. No cash out of pocket. Then like Mel mentioned spend more time exploring other parts of the resort.
yes but the big problem that currently exists is that you can only do this IN PERSON ON SITE. That won't allow people to make park reservations or if FP ever come back those either. Not a problem for us since our plan has always been to put the money towards an after hours event, when and if they return.

for those who are in this position be sure to take screenshots of what your account shows, including time frame and all terms and conditions, apparently once they're no longer valid they won't show in your profile. Money still there just not visible.

yes but the big problem that currently exists is that you can only do this IN PERSON ON SITE. That won't allow people to make park reservations or if FP ever come back those either. Not a problem for us since our plan has always been to put the money towards an after hours event, when and if they return.

for those who are in this position be sure to take screenshots of what your account shows, including time frame and all terms and conditions, apparently once they're no longer valid they won't show in your profile. Money still there just not visible.

I’ve called and had them apply the value of tickets I had to new ones. You don’t have to do that in person.

I don’t know if anyone remembers when Expedia had a glitch that let you apply a 25% off discount code to Disney tickets. I was able to sneak in before they closed the glitch and got flexible date tickets. We were going to use them last March.

I called and Disney gave me credit for what they saw the value of them. So I actually got new dates tickets for this year and also got a refund of about $200 put on a gift card.

Yep I think even being new DVC this will be our last trip for awhile. I need to go use the credit from the old tickets before big kids get too busy to schedule a trip . Next year will be year 1 college, year 2 high school
If you bought direct for the minimum points you could keep the value and use them to buy the Gold AP's. They are great and only cost a little bit more than a 7 day pass.

I’m not sure they are asking APs right now ask since we are going I’ve rXmas prob blackout I would guess..
And it’s getting harder with the older kids scheduling and I can’t imagine taking the two littles on my own .. not yet

I’ve called and had them apply the value of tickets I had to new ones. You don’t have to do that in person.

I don’t know if anyone remembers when Expedia had a glitch that let you apply a 25% off discount code to Disney tickets. I was able to sneak in before they closed the glitch and got flexible date tickets. We were going to use them last March.

I called and Disney gave me credit for what they saw the value of them. So I actually got new dates tickets for this year and also got a refund of about $200 put on a gift card.

Wow you lucked out.. :) I could never be that lucky .

I bought the discounted tickets from a local disney travel rep back in 2017, when they first offered the Cdn tix. I paid $2,100 CAD for 5 adult tickets for 4-day park hopper and waterparks tickets - non-expiring and no blackout dates. We were finally supposed to go last year. Now I have no idea when we'll be able to get there to use them as the window is narrowing as my oldest is approaching University. Not to mention, my interest is fading and I now wish I hadn't purchased them. However, looking at the prices now, these tickets are anywhere from $3,200 to $3,500 USD.

Ugh. That really sucks. I'd wait and see if they extend those ones. They currently expire in September, right? Considering the border closures and travel advisories Canadian's haven't been able to go really.

I guess they figure those of us stuck with tickets will pay to upgrade and use them, but in the long run I think it will hurt them as the loyal fans like us even are contemplating spending our dollars elsewhere. How they handle these Canadian tickets could lose them a lot of repeat Canadian visitors.
This is what I hope, that they extend the tickets again. Mine were extended to Sept. but it doesn’t look like travel will be open for our August trip. So will have to postpone again for another year.

Yeah that sucks. I wouldn’t count on a Canadian discount.

I'm the opposite (though it may be the hope talking). I think if the border opens up we'll see one released in the fall.

So we're planning a Florida trip for June 2022. Originally the plan was to do 4 park days, using the 1 day PH we already have (comp tickets) and then buying a 3-day base pass. Now, this is based on today's exchange, hopefully, it doesn't drop further, but it's approximately $2100 for 3 days. Just the tickets!!!! I mean.... that's insane! We have taken a week-long vacation, all-inclusive, for that price! I priced out just doing a 1-day hopper instead (so we'd have 2 days, with a PH), and that was $1100... for one day. I'm honestly scared to tell DH the prices, as I'm afraid he'll just say, NO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!