Pressed Penny Map?

JayLaLa

Mouseketeer
I saw this mentioned in another thread, but didn't want to hijack. I have never heard of this! Is it in both parks? This has me so excited! My son has recently started a collection of these!

Check out www.parkpennies.com it is updated pretty often and has a list of all machines and where they are located in the park. Looks like Star Wars pressed quarters are the newest additions to the parks as of last Friday which was when the list was last updated.

Star Wars quarter press!!! Must find those! :darth::chewy:

They have 60TH pennies and quarters right now too! I HAVE seen a map for these (at least when they first started) They had them at the cash registers, so I think you can ask a CM for this. Hopefully they still have them. They were printed on a nice thicker paper too. Nice little keepsake to go with your pressed coins!

Have fun,
Kriss

They have printed penny guides at town hall in both parks if you ask (free). Parkpennies.com is a good source of penny info. There are tons of machines if you are trying to be a completist.

We did pressed pennies on our trip and it was so fun! I made containers for the kids' coins and for their pressed pennies and added labels I got on here. Unfortunately I ended up carrying it all around anyway lol. But the kids loved finding the machines and choosong which designs they wanted. Even DH got into it, getting himself a Splash mountain on at the ride's exit

The machines are throughout both parks, downtown Disney and also the resorts. The link above for park pennies is a pretty thorough list. We stuck with pennies but they did also have pressed quarter options.

At the gift shop in the Disneyland Hotel, they had a pressed penny book that holds 70 or so coins! They may have also sold it at World of Disney in DtD.

Below are a few pictures of the book
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

we love pressed pennies. My DS was not into autographs or character pictures so I thought this would be a fun alternative. It's like a treasure hunt trying to find them; some are definitely tucked away.

We picked up the map at city hall in DL when we went to get the first time buttons.

We did the mini M&M holder idea and it worked great. I've already started collecting the super shiny pennies for this time.

Both of my DDs just recently got into pressed pennies while in WDW last October, they cannot wait to do it while we are in DLR in a couple of weeks. They want to try and get all of them, if they can (it will be a fun goal to try and do). And I just told DD15 about the SW pressed quarters and she wants to get those as well (she is a huge star wars fan). Both girls went through their bucket of change and picked out the prettiest pennies and quarters that they can find so they can pack them in their suit cases :goodvibes.

My kids have their penny press books filled. But I'm thinking I might have to get a new book for myself!

When we were there last month, DD (who is 8) LOVED the pressed penny machines (she's into collecting stuff.. so I'm not surprised she loved them). I didn't really know anything about them (newbies!).. and stumbled upon our first one in the Buzz Astro ride gift shop. And then later that day we saw the one in the exit of Splash Mountain. And then she was hooked! We asked the CMs for their shiniest pennies when buying stuff/getting change.. we ended up buying the 60th book (pictured above) to keep them in. It was probably our 3rd day (out of 5) when one of the CMs gave us the brochure, linked above, with all of the locations (which definitely helped!). Our day off, we spent some time searching DTD and the hotels for their pressed penny machines. It was a lot of fun and became DD's main souvenir.

You can also see the location in the Disneyland app in the "Shops" section.

PHXscuba

I'm looking in the app now, but don't see the reference... Can you do a screenshot, or let me know what to look for?

<edited>

FOUND IT! It's in the pull-down menu under Pressed Coin Machines. :)

IMG_2613.PNG

Or on the map, click on the bag icons in the shops category. Some of the shops will have an additional listing for their pressed coin machine, like this one in NOS.

PHXscuba

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter