Presidential Election

Who do you think will win this years presidential election?

• McCain

• Obama

Results are only viewable after voting.
Just imagine- everybody as true equals. Given the exact same opportunities for education, health care, everything- no matter income or other circumstance.

I'm with my parents, on the fact that, why should someone who doesn't work nearly as hard and as much as my parents do to support their family get the same health care as us? Like my parents work their asses off to do what's best for our family. And there's people who just...don't. So why should they get equal healthcare if they're not working equally as hard?

I'm with my parents, on the fact that, why should someone who doesn't work nearly as hard and as much as my parents do to support their family get the same health care as us? Like my parents work their asses off to do what's best for our family. And there's people who just...don't. So why should they get equal healthcare if they're not working equally as hard?

Because denying healthcare to someone because they can't afford it is cruel.

A lot of people work hard at what they do, but aren't able to afford healthcare or insurance. Thank god that my family doesn't get sick or injured often or else we probably would have to cut back on some things just to afford to pay the hospital/doctor bills.

Just because someone doesn't make as much money as your parents, doesn't mean we should let people be sick,injured, or hurt. :confused3

Because denying healthcare to someone because they can't afford it is cruel.

A lot of people work hard at what they do, but aren't able to afford healthcare or insurance. Thank god that my family doesn't get sick or injured often or else we probably would have to cut back on some things just to afford to pay the hospital/doctor bills.

Just because someone doesn't make as much money as your parents, doesn't mean we should let people be sick,injured, or hurt. :confused3

True. I see what you're saying.

But like...I think everyone should be able to recieve healthcare, but not like equally? I don't know how to put it into words :/ I know it doesn't help my supporting stuff but..yeah.

True. I see what you're saying.

But like...I think everyone should be able to recieve healthcare, but not like equally? I don't know how to put it into words :/ I know it doesn't help my supporting stuff but..yeah.

Oh...like, everyone should recieve healthcare, but those who have the money should have a little bit more? I'm not sure how to explain it.

I see what you're saying.

Okay health care maybe but you want to talk about costly projects that will cost trillions to get every1 health care and if Obama wants to do that the economy is ruined. And every1 making equal money, not to sound rude, is just stupid. Why should a maid at a hotel make as much as a brain surgeon; they can actually kill someone and have way higher insurance that just doesnt make sense.

Oh...like, everyone should recieve healthcare, but those who have the money should have a little bit more? I'm not sure how to explain it.

I see what you're saying.

Yeah. Like I think it's like, morally wrong to deny someone healthcare. But if you work extra hard at your job, then your healthcare should be stronger.

Glad we see what eachother is saying. xD

I didn't mean any disrespect in my original post by the way!

Yeah. Like I think it's like, morally wrong to deny someone healthcare. But if you work extra hard at your job, then your healthcare should be stronger.

Glad we see what eachother is saying. xD

I didn't mean any disrespect in my original post by the way!

Ohh! Okay, I'm sorry..I misunderstood your post then.

xD

Me either!

Ohh! Okay, I'm sorry..I misunderstood your post then.

xD

Me either!

No problem! It's understandable.

Like, pitt02 said, a maid shouldn't be on the same level of healthcare as a brain surgeon. I think the maid should still have healthcare, but not the same level as the brain surgeon.

Exactly. And why should the people who are sitting around with their hands out get the same healthcare as the people who are working so hard? It makes no sense. I'm sorry if that sounds terrible but there are a LOT of people who can work but just choose not to and decide to live off the government.

Like, pitt02 said, a maid shouldn't be on the same level of healthcare as a brain surgeon. I think the maid should still have healthcare, but not the same level as the brain surgeon.

If the maid works hard then she can have the same healthcare as the brain surgeon. The government should not be giving them equal healthcare though.

There are hardly going to be any good doctors if the government runs our healthcare.

Uhm, why? If a maid can afford high quality healthcare just as a brain surgeon can, why can't they have it? Career does not spare disease, just because a mother was a lunch lady and her child was diagnosed with a brain tumor means the child shouldn't have quality care? :confused3

As for equal healthcare, think of others. If I'm reading this correctly, I thought Obama was for standardized healthcare, and then if you want to pay for extras you can. IE : Everyone qualifies for COBRA, but if you want to pay for Blue Cross and Blue Shield you can get it.

Take a janitor for example. He works two jobs, he has a full time job as a janitor and a part time at McDonalds. He's struggling to support his 2 kids and his wife can't work due to disability. She got in a car crash 7 years ago and had her ankle shattered.
He's BARELY getting by, has enough to pay the utilites in his dumpy apartment, and rides the bus to and from work. With Obama's proposed plan, he now qualifies for healthcare and his family. Tragically, his wife develops infection and needs extensive care in a hospital. Because of his income he is not allowed to have quality care? (And don't tell me that BCBS and COBRA have the same in-system hospitals, because they don't.)

Maybe this makes sense in my head only, IDK.

Uhm, why? If a maid can afford high quality healthcare just as a brain surgeon can, why can't they have it? Career does not spare disease, just because a mother was a lunch lady and her child was diagnosed with a brain tumor means the child shouldn't have quality care? :confused3

As for equal healthcare, think of others. If I'm reading this correctly, I thought Obama was for standardized healthcare, and then if you want to pay for extras you can. IE : Everyone qualifies for COBRA, but if you want to pay for Blue Cross and Blue Shield you can get it.

Take a janitor for example. He works two jobs, he has a full time job as a janitor and a part time at McDonalds. He's struggling to support his 2 kids and his wife can't work due to disability. She got in a car crash 7 years ago and had her ankle shattered.
He's BARELY getting by, has enough to pay the utilites in his dumpy apartment, and rides the bus to and from work. With Obama's proposed plan, he now qualifies for healthcare and his family. Tragically, his wife develops infection and needs extensive care in a hospital. Because of his income he is not allowed to have quality care? (And don't tell me that BCBS and COBRA have the same in-system hospitals, because they don't.)

Maybe this makes sense in my head only, IDK.

Ok, let's think about this as if the wife didn't get an infection. Let's just assume she shattered her ankle seven years ago and is disabled because of it. There's NOTHING she can do as far as work goes? I find that hard to believe. If you are sick with an infection or disease that is different, but a disability because of a shattered ankle should not hinder anyone from working somewhere.

It's pretty darn ignorant to think that a maid doesn't work as hard as a brain surgeon.

All i am saying is a brain surgeon went to college for 8 maybe 10 yrs to do what he is doing putting in over $40,000s a yr ur taking wat i said out of context i understand they work hard. And where is all the money coming from to get the healthcare for all these ppl; any1 can say ya ill get the same healthcare for you then what i get like Obama says. But where is all the money coming from were not picking it off trees its going to end up being put back in taxes whicch noone wants to pay so Obama sorry you cant do both.

It's pretty darn ignorant to think that a maid doesn't work as hard as a brain surgeon.

I don't think she said a maid didn't work as hard as a brain surgeon. A maid should get as good of healthcare as she can afford. A brain surgeon typically makes more than a maid, so they are going to have better healthcare. I don't think that just because someone makes less money than someone else they should have equal healthcare. A maid has the same oppotunity to go to school and earn more money if they want to.

I don't think she said a maid didn't work as hard as a brain surgeon. A maid should get as good of healthcare as she can afford. A brain surgeon typically makes more than a maid, so they are going to have better healthcare. I don't think that just because someone makes less money than someone else they should have equal healthcare. A maid has the same oppotunity to go to school and earn more money if they want to.

This is not true. There are people out there that come from lesser backgrounds that would LOVE to do something with themselves yet their family can't put them through any sort of schooling. You may not be aware of this but, uh, college is expensive. Do you know how much debt doctors are in before they even make a living? So not everyone has the opportunity to put themselves through 8 years of school.

This is not true. There are people out there that come from lesser backgrounds that would LOVE to do something with themselves yet their family can't put them through any sort of schooling. You may not be aware of this but, uh, college is expensive. Do you know how much debt doctors are in before they even make a living? So not everyone has the opportunity to put themselves through 8 years of school.

I'm in college. I'm very well aware of how expensive it is. You don't have to rely on your parents to send you to school. Work and send yourself. And you don't have to go through 8 years of school to get a degree.

Like Laura said, I never said a maid doesn't work as hard as a brain surgeon.
The brain surgeon has gone to all extents to reach the level of their career that they're out. And with that, their healthcare should be higher.

::yes:: Exactly my thinking as well.

Ok, let's think about this as if the wife didn't get an infection. Let's just assume she shattered her ankle seven years ago and is disabled because of it. There's NOTHING she can do as far as work goes? I find that hard to believe. If you are sick with an infection or disease that is different, but a disability because of a shattered ankle should not hinder anyone from working somewhere.

Would you like me to say she broke her spine column in a bus crash and it was un-repairable? It's an example for pete's sake.

I'm in college. I'm very well aware of how expensive it is. You don't have to rely on your parents to send you to school. Work and send yourself. And you don't have to go through 8 years of school to get a degree.

Here's where the problem lies. You want to go to school to get a degree to get a better job. Problem - Successful jobs won't pay as much without a degree. Take our current economy into play, not many jobs and not great pay. College tuition is skyrocketing. I'm sorry, but your solution isn't going to work for many in this day and age.
JMO.

:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter