Presidential Election

Who do you think will win this years presidential election?

• McCain

• Obama

Results are only viewable after voting.
Okay health care maybe but you want to talk about costly projects that will cost trillions to get every1 health care and if Obama wants to do that the economy is ruined. And every1 making equal money, not to sound rude, is just stupid. Why should a maid at a hotel make as much as a brain surgeon; they can actually kill someone and have way higher insurance that just doesnt make sense.

I never said that she should make as much to begin with. I'm a fan of progressive taxes. Everybody is taxed the same amount (say....30%), but those with higher income pay more in taxes because 30% of their income is higher than 30% of a person who makes less. They still make more, they just have a higher ability to pay.

This is not true. There are people out there that come from lesser backgrounds that would LOVE to do something with themselves yet their family can't put them through any sort of schooling. You may not be aware of this but, uh, college is expensive. Do you know how much debt doctors are in before they even make a living? So not everyone has the opportunity to put themselves through 8 years of school.

Exactly. I don't have a ton of money- maybe enough for my first year at an extremely low cost school. That's because my parents started saving when I was born. What happens to the kids whose parents work 9-5 jobs making minimum wage and can barely pay rent and buy food. They are working, but it's to pay for their housing and eating and utility costs. They don't go to college because even trying to afford it- even with loans- is almost impossibly hard for them. Why shouldn't they have the same opportunities?

All i am saying is a brain surgeon went to college for 8 maybe 10 yrs to do what he is doing putting in over $40,000s a yr ur taking wat i said out of context i understand they work hard. And where is all the money coming from to get the healthcare for all these ppl; any1 can say ya ill get the same healthcare for you then what i get like Obama says. But where is all the money coming from were not picking it off trees its going to end up being put back in taxes whicch noone wants to pay so Obama sorry you cant do both.

Not everyone is able to afford college. Especially during the recession we are in now. How can you tell someone "No, you may not have this surgery to save your life because you can't afford it."

Why do people even care if someone who isn't as rich as them is getting the same healthcare? Your getting healthcare, and that's all that should matter. If it was you being told you can not have something to treat you because you couldn't afford it, I'm sure you'd be pissed.

&& about the comment if a woman shattered her ankle and didn't have a job after 7 years due to disability. You wouldnt know that women's predicaments. :confused3 If she's on disability, she's most likely getting $1000-$2000 from the government per month to live on. If she works, she loses that money and just get's the regular salary. My mom get's disability checks every month from the government because she got Hep. C from the hospital. She's usually normal but just can't work long hours. The only job she could get with a decent paycheck is back at the hospital for 4/5 hours and make less money then the disability check..so just because someone chooses not to work and are on disability..there's usually a reason behind it.

Overall, I think everyone should be given equal healthcare and if you can afford extras, then pay for them. Don't deny someone healthcare because they don't have the money.

Here's where the problem lies. You want to go to school to get a degree to get a better job. Problem - Successful jobs won't pay as much without a degree. Take our current economy into play, not many jobs and not great pay. College tuition is skyrocketing. I'm sorry, but your solution isn't going to work for many in this day and age.
JMO.

:thumbsup2

My opinion is that if you work hard enough in this country you can get where you want to be. It might take years but you CAN achieve success. You don't HAVE to go to college either to be successful. You can work your way up in places, you can start your own business later on.

If everyone has healthcare there are going to be less good doctors to go around in this country because they won't want to be paid what the government pays them so people will have to wait and wait and wait.

My grandpa came from NOTHING. He worked his entire life and towards the end of his life he was comfortable. He never went to college, he just worked and saved. You can achieve what you want in life, you just have to work for it.

I believe in the American Dream.

Would you like me to say she broke her spine column in a bus crash and it was un-repairable? It's an example for pete's sake.

No. What I am saying is what if she can work (because you CAN work on disability and still get the benefits) but refuses to? I don't think that everyone else should be paying for her. There are too many people in this country mooching off the government. I have friends who are doing it and still complain they don't get enough, yet they don't have a job. I see people come into my work who look like they haven't been to a doctor in their lives yet they easily plunk down $1,000 for amusement park passes. Give me a break, you (general you) don't need that.

Pay for your own things and I'll pay for mine.

Exactly. I don't have a ton of money- maybe enough for my first year at an extremely low cost school. That's because my parents started saving when I was born. What happens to the kids whose parents work 9-5 jobs making minimum wage and can barely pay rent and buy food. They are working, but it's to pay for their housing and eating and utility costs. They don't go to college because even trying to afford it- even with loans- is almost impossibly hard for them. Why shouldn't they have the same opportunities?

If they have no money there are government grants. FAFSA.

If you work hard in school there are a lot of scholarships.

I just really truly think that if you want something bad enough and you work hard enough for it you will get it.

Obama. I disagree with everything Palin says. Maverick. Ugh.

I honestly don't know yet.

Obama scares the crap out of me. But, I don't like McCain much either.

Why? This is an honest question- I'm totally not trying to pick a fight. I just honestly want to hear it from someone else's viewpoint.

Obama. I disagree with everything Palin says. Maverick. Ugh.

Why? This is an honest question- I'm totally not trying to pick a fight. I just honestly want to hear it from someone else's viewpoint.

He doesn't scare me but I don't like his tax policy. I also don't feel he has enough experience, so that is what scares me about him.

Okay i will agree that everyone should get healthcare and of course needs it i just dont get where you guys think all the money is coming from if you think taxes are bad now if we implement that policy your going to see taxes rise to an astronomical amount which most people arent going to afford.

Okay i will agree that everyone should get healthcare and of course needs it i just dont get where you guys think all the money is coming from if you think taxes are bad now if we implement that policy your going to see taxes rise to an astronomical amount which most people arent going to afford.

That's true. But people think that everyone else should be taxed to help everyone else. We are going to have sky high taxes in this country if we get universal healthcare!

My opinion is that if you work hard enough in this country you can get where you want to be. It might take years but you CAN achieve success. You don't HAVE to go to college either to be successful. You can work your way up in places, you can start your own business later on.

If everyone has healthcare there are going to be less good doctors to go around in this country because they won't want to be paid what the government pays them so people will have to wait and wait and wait.

My grandpa came from NOTHING. He worked his entire life and towards the end of his life he was comfortable. He never went to college, he just worked and saved. You can achieve what you want in life, you just have to work for it.

I believe in the American Dream.

You can't go to college because you don't have enough money. How can you start a business which requires a lot of money?
Yeah, there may be less good doctors but at least people would be able to be seen by doctors instead of going undiagnosed and untreated like many are now.
I don't think there is such a thing as the American Dream in this economy. IMO, everyone wanted so much to have the American Dream (keeping up with the Jones') that it led to the state of our economy today.

In referance to your next post, I thought if you were on Disability is was a federal offense to have a well-paying job?

You can't go to college because you don't have enough money. How can you start a business which requires a lot of money?
Yeah, there may be less good doctors but at least people would be able to be seen by doctors instead of going undiagnosed and untreated like many are now.
I don't think there is such a thing as the American Dream in this economy. IMO, everyone wanted so much to have the American Dream (keeping up with the Jones') that it led to the state of our economy today.

In referance to your next post, I thought if you were on Disability is was a federal offense to have a well-paying job?

If your on Disability and you get a well-paying job, you will not be on disability anymore...and if you keep taking the money and they haven't caught on..then yes it probably is a federal offense.

I like Obama's tax policy. He's not going to increase it for people who make less then a certain amount, obviously if you make more money you should be able to pay the higher taxes. Why make people who make $24,000 pay the same taxes as someone who makes $100,000? The person who make's $24,000 probably will have a harder time coming up with the money to pay for the taxes, while still keeping a roof over there head and food to eat.

You can earn your money to go to college, you can get loans and grants. You can earn your money to start a business. I never said it wouldn't take a while, but it is possible.

There are limits on how much you can make while on disability, but you should be able to work at least at a minimum wage job. At least it's something.

The American Dream is not having everything, it's being successful. It has nothing to do with materialism (in my opinion). It has to do with owning your own home and being comfortable and not struggling. I think that is still possible.

If your on Disability and you get a well-paying job, you will not be on disability anymore...and if you keep taking the money and they haven't caught on..then yes it probably is a federal offense.

I like Obama's tax policy. He's not going to increase it for people who make less then a certain amount, obviously if you make more money you should be able to pay the higher taxes. Why make people who make $24,000 pay the same taxes as someone who makes $100,000? The person who make's $24,000 probably will have a harder time coming up with the money to pay for the taxes, while still keeping a roof over there head and food to eat.

What about the people who pay NO taxes? They aren't contributing anything but they will get a government handout.

No, there are some people who don't make enough to pay income tax. Yet under Obama's plan they will get a government handout.

Uhm...well if they aren't able to make enough income then I don't see anything wrong with it. They must be in poverty level if they can't afford income tax, so why are you getting all upset about someone who is poverty level and can't afford taxes?

You should be happy that your family or anyone who pays taxes, are able to afford them.

Uhm...well if they aren't able to make enough income then I don't see anything wrong with it. They must be in poverty level if they can't afford income tax, so why are you getting all upset about someone who is poverty level and can't afford taxes?

You should be happy that your family or anyone who pays taxes, are able to afford them.

Because it's a handout. If they need government assistance there is welfare and food stamps. That's MY money that is helping to fund those programs for people who need them.

I'm thankful for what I have but I am not happy about the government taking my hard earned money and giving it away to people who refuse to better themselves. That is a handout.

If you don't pay taxes you shouldn't get a tax cut because you don't pay any! People who don't pay taxes yet get a refund check are getting a government handout, funded by you and me and everyone else who works.

Because it's a handout. If they need government assistance there is welfare and food stamps. That's MY money that is helping to fund those programs for people who need them.

I'm thankful for what I have but I am not happy about the government taking my hard earned money and giving it away to people who refuse to better themselves. That is a handout.

If you don't pay taxes you shouldn't get a tax cut because you don't pay any! People who don't pay taxes yet get a refund check are getting a government handout, funded by you and me and everyone else who works.

Uhm...those people might work VERY hard for the money they make. They might not have been able to afford college or have an education. Please don't assume, that just because someone can't afford to pay taxes that they don't work hard for what they do have. Sometimes food stamps and welfare take awhile to process.

Uhm...those people might work VERY hard for the money they make. They might not have been able to afford college or have an education. Please don't assume, that just because someone can't afford to pay taxes that they don't work hard for what they do have. Sometimes food stamps and welfare take awhile to process.

I never said they didn't work hard. Instead of telling me not to make assumptions maybe you shouldn't make them yourself.

I work hard for my money and I don't want to pay for them to get handouts when they don't pay taxes just because they don't have as much. I give to charities, but I don't want to pay for everyone. It's not my job. People should be held accountable and giving them a handout will not help them be accountable.

Laura, where are you coming from?

I agree that the public shouldn't have to pay for some lazy dingdings who don't want to work and mooch off the government. Your posts make it seem like anyone who accepts government assistance is a bad person. I do think we need to have some harder rules about checking up on those with assistance.

But for people who can't pay their taxes because they are genuienly trying to make it in this world, yes, I do think they deserve a tax cut. If they can't afford taxes as it is, the tax cut would help them build up. More money = more oppurtunity for an education = better paying jobs = able to afford regular taxes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter